Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impressive Layne...

You've held it together very well....

Comment

• Layne...pics look great. I notice that you never use lighting in your pics. Just out of curiosity, is there a particular reason for this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Suss1 View Post
        Layne...pics look great. I notice that you never use lighting in your pics. Just out of curiosity, is there a particular reason for this?
        because i like the harsh reality. too many guys think they are IFBB pro level because they get themselves in perfect lighting and take pictures so they look like 6% when they are really 14%. I want to see the harsh truth. When I look good in these pictures, then I KNOW I'm doing well... i don't have to think about it.
        BioLayne LLC
        PhD, Nutritional Sciences
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

• Looking great layne!!!!

Comment

• White Rice vs. Sweet potato !

Layne,

I've seen quite a few BB'ers here on MD that use white rice for carb loading during peak week instead of sweet potatos...

what are your thoughts, and are there advantages to using one over the other......????

THANKS!!!!
            Last edited by fitiron; June 15, 2008, 06:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
              because i like the harsh reality. too many guys think they are IFBB pro level because they get themselves in perfect lighting and take pictures so they look like 6% when they are really 14%. I want to see the harsh truth. When I look good in these pictures, then I KNOW I'm doing well... i don't have to think about it.
              This is why Layne kicks ass.

Comment

decreases growth hormone output, additionally, pre & post workout are usually the highest carb meals... not a good idea to have a bunch of carbs and then throw a lot of fat on top of that

Im interested in learning more about the reasoning about seperating high fat from high carb meals. Now i do already do this myself with my meals. The reason to do that from what i understand is because the high carb's will spike insulin levels which in turn will lead to the consumed fat being more likely stored as bodyfat.

But there is also some school of thought that having some fats with your carbs will slow the reaction and release of insulin? Is this true or am i getting insulin release and the Glycemic Index (Glycemic index as opposed to Glycemic load) is the meal mixed up?

If you have any links on this subject i'd love to learn from them.
                Contest Prep, Muscle building- http://www.trainwithsklayne.co.uk

Comment

decreases growth hormone output, additionally, pre & post workout are usually the highest carb meals... not a good idea to have a bunch of carbs and then throw a lot of fat on top of that
                  i knew i it was something along thoose lines, thanks for clearing that up, speaking of fat now , what % of total calories do you feel should come from fat? i've been setting my calories like this , i'm a mesomorph(with a little ecto) so i take my weight of 238 (about 10% bf) and I times that by 15 which is around 3500 , then i take 1-1.2 g per pound of bw for protein, then 25%-30% of total cals from fat , then the rest i convert into carbs, thats for an off season , on a cut , i would drop the cals , keep protein to 1.2-1.5 grams per pound, fat 30% then left over to carbs ,does this seem like im on the right track here?, theres so many ratio conversens out there , i think palumbo's got his own now too!

also, I hear you do mini bulk cycles and mini cut cycles? can you give me a quick summary(know your a busy guy) on why this would be benifical?

thanks for your time layne ,

Comment

• Hey Layne,
                    What is your competition wieght?

Comment

• Layne,
                      So I take it flexing the pec feels o.k. now?
                      Still more balanced than a lot of guys out there.
                      Nice work on the presentation. I only needed a translator for bits of it lol
                      Do work!!!
                      Assistant to the regional manager.
                      Iron8 approved

Comment

• Nice to see you're getting back to normal.
                        http://www.facebook.com/PastorPump , IAFS Master Trainer www.iafscertification.com

Comment

• 1. Love the presentation - guess Lucine is the way to go?
                          2. Pics look good, man, what freaking FAST and COMPLETE recovery!!!

3. Layne - I know you don't advocate the low carb, moderate fat, high protein diet all the time for contest prep, but I've been following it. Now, for my peak week, I will probably be fat depleted (except EFA's are still taken!) as well as obviously carb depleted - now, that being said, and scientifically speaking - to carb up would it be smart to eat carbs and taper carbs DOWN from wed (say 40g per meal 6 meals) , thurs (35 g meal 6 meals), fri (25g meal 6 meals), sat (25g meal 6 meals) - and introduce fats back in on FRIDAY and SATURDAY (12-15 g meal, 6 meals)?

the reason why I am asking is I don't get how one fills out and dries out with not having any real substantial carbs for so long - besides the weekly cheat.

I am really at a loss, 6 weeks to go so I have time to plan, I was just curious what you thought about it all - not asking to divulge any secrets that would cost you money to tell me just some simple advice - maybe some do's and don't's for keto peak week...

Comment

but would adding fat to the mix slowdown the diestion of the carbs , giving a less insulin spike?

Comment

• Fats slow down the digestion of carbohydrates due to the fact that fat non-competitively inhibits some metabolic reaction intended for carbohydrate metabolism. Am I correct Layne?

Comment

• Layne, you have healed up great! You can't see a difference in the symetry of your pecs. Usually there is a gap or noticeable difference when someone suffers this type of injury. Good luck with your comeback!

Comment

Working...
                                X