Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Layne, your research on leucine in particular has been very beneficial to me. I have recently added leucine powder to my "routine." I take four servings of 3 grams per serving (one at breakfast, one pre, one post, and one with my snack before bed). I really think taking it with 1/4 cup almonds and 1 cup low fat cottage cheese in crystal light has really helped my "sleeping nutrition." Just wanted to make sure I wasnt taking too much, im sure 12 grams is right around the max...
    "If you show up to Fight Club, you're gonna get your ass kicked."

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
      not at all... most people don't give 2x/week long enough to adapt to it. It takes around 3-6 weeks to adapt to a new training program so you aren't sore all the time. And so since they are very sore in the first few weeks they assume they aren't recovering (which is a mistake to associate soreness with 'recovery' in the first place) and they ditch it screaming "OMG BRO I WAS OVERTRAINING!" When the reality is if they'd allowed the adaptation to take place they would have been fine.

Thanks Layne, that is pretty much what I was thinking. I seem to respond better to 2x a week vs. one...Not sure if a couple of the others were using age as an excuse, or if the lack of recovery actually involves OTHER issues...

Thanks again...!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Still Learning View Post
        Hey Layne, your research on leucine in particular has been very beneficial to me. I have recently added leucine powder to my "routine." I take four servings of 3 grams per serving (one at breakfast, one pre, one post, and one with my snack before bed). I really think taking it with 1/4 cup almonds and 1 cup low fat cottage cheese in crystal light has really helped my "sleeping nutrition." Just wanted to make sure I wasnt taking too much, im sure 12 grams is right around the max...
        i think 12g is fine; i would spread it out instead though... maybe 3g in between your meals
        BioLayne LLC
        PhD, Nutritional Sciences
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

not at all... most people don't give 2x/week long enough to adapt to it. It takes around 3-6 weeks to adapt to a new training program so you aren't sore all the time. And so since they are very sore in the first few weeks they assume they aren't recovering (which is a mistake to associate soreness with 'recovery' in the first place) and they ditch it screaming "OMG BRO I WAS OVERTRAINING!" When the reality is if they'd allowed the adaptation to take place they would have been fine.
          Layne Im in my offseason and eating plenty of good food, Id like to try a 2x per week rotation, but not sure how to set it up actually. Is it posted in this thread or could you post a general one, Just day and bodyparts for groupings.

Thanks,

jason

Comment

• have you seen my webcast?
            BioLayne LLC
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

Couldn't agree more.

Comment

• Originally posted by scoobysnacks View Post
                Layne Im in my offseason and eating plenty of good food, Id like to try a 2x per week rotation, but not sure how to set it up actually. Is it posted in this thread or could you post a general one, Just day and bodyparts for groupings.

Thanks,

jason

I'm obviously not Layne, but here's how I do it:

Mon: Upper (chest, back, shoulders)
                Tue: Lower (*direct trap work as well)
                Wed: Rest (*20 minutes HIIT cardio)
                Thur: Upper (chest, triceps)
                Fri: Upper (back, shoulders, biceps)
                Sat: Lower (*direct trap work as well)
                Sun: Rest (*20 minutes HIIT cardio)

I generally do 3 exercises for each muscle group and 3-4 working sets of 8-10 reps, excluding calves, for which I usually perform around 10 "rest-pause" type sets.

Many would say what I do is extreme overtraining, but I've made more progress with the above than anything else I've ever tried. The body can handle a TON more than people give it credit for.
                Last edited by thagman; June 27, 2008, 07:59 PM.

Comment

hey! I was injured that night! I want a re-match!

and here I thought you injured your pec and not your digestive system

Arnold 09....bring it!
                  MorphogenNutrition.com
                  Facebook.com/MorphogenNutrition

Comment

• Post Contest Growth!

Layne,

I've been told that post contest is the best to for growing new muscle.

I assume that part of, or maybe most has to do with nutrition.

Should I increase my carbs slowly?
                    What would be a good Protein, Carb, fat ratio.

I am 5'11" and weight 170lbs...

Thanks in advance....

Comment

• Originally posted by fitiron View Post
                      Layne,

Thanks in advance....

i am obviously not layne but...i would keep the same macros as when you were dieting then slowly add carbs and fats back in....do this until ur weight stabilizes
                      P/RR/S AAEFX Board Rep www.AAEFX.com Pure. Potent. Drug-free.

Comment

• Layne,

i usually take 5 oz of orange roughy to work with me for one of my meals with a teaspoon of olive oil on it and microwave it for 45 seconds. I want to substitute the olive oil with udo's 3:6:9 omega oil and I would like to know if the omegas in this oil would deteriorate from the 45 seconds I use to reheat the fish. Is this amount of time negligible or would it be a problem for me? Thanks for all your help and congratulations on getting married.

Fresh

Comment

• If you are into natty competions I would check out FAME! great people over there I have loved my time with them

Comment

• Originally posted by fitiron View Post
                            Layne,

Thanks in advance....
                            well it's actually the best time to gain fat in most cases since your metabolism is at a crawl. typically only very insulin sensitive individuals who are ectomrophic in stature have big gains in muscle rather than fat post contest. Post contest if you pig out trying to put on muscle... you'll just get fat. I've wrote about it at length, probably in my FAQ
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresh8686 View Post
                              Layne,

i usually take 5 oz of orange roughy to work with me for one of my meals with a teaspoon of olive oil on it and microwave it for 45 seconds. I want to substitute the olive oil with udo's 3:6:9 omega oil and I would like to know if the omegas in this oil would deteriorate from the 45 seconds I use to reheat the fish. Is this amount of time negligible or would it be a problem for me? Thanks for all your help and congratulations on getting married.

Fresh
                              i don't believe so

thanks for the congrats!
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

• hey layne whats a typical day of your diet look like in the offseason?
                                "Leg Day Is Business"
                                Layne Norton

Comment

Working...
                                X