Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i remember ur webcast saying

225g protein
    450g carb / somedays (prolly leg day) 500g carb
    60g fat
    "Leg Day Is Business"
    Layne Norton

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
      well it's actually the best time to gain fat in most cases since your metabolism is at a crawl. typically only very insulin sensitive individuals who are ectomrophic in stature have big gains in muscle rather than fat post contest. Post contest if you pig out trying to put on muscle... you'll just get fat. I've wrote about it at length, probably in my FAQ

Thanks Layne, I was already taking it kind of easy since I wasn't sure.

Do you have the link to your FAQ..?

Comment

• Layne, I have a BB that wants to do a show in Ohio or somewhat close. We are looking for a show that will get a decent amount of coverage. Any shows you recommend?
        anabolicsociety.com

Comment

• Layne since you are a science guy you may know the answer to this.

What supplements, minerals or vitamins would stimulat the release of glucagon?

Thanks,

Ss

Comment

• Originally posted by EXZACKLY View Post
            Layne, I have a BB that wants to do a show in Ohio or somewhat close. We are looking for a show that will get a decent amount of coverage. Any shows you recommend?
            Natural Ohio - Dave Lieberman's event. Big show, good competition

Comment

• Originally posted by Bestia View Post

Oct 4th - Natural Northern USA

April something - Natural Ohio

essentially the same show but called different names and held twice a year

always a great show with top notch competitors
              MorphogenNutrition.com
              Facebook.com/MorphogenNutrition

Comment

• Originally posted by scoobysnacks View Post
                Layne since you are a science guy you may know the answer to this.

What supplements, minerals or vitamins would stimulat the release of glucagon?

Thanks,

Ss
                i'm unaware of any vitamins/minerals that stimulate glucagon release. I have not really looked into it either to be honest.
                BioLayne LLC
                PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

i'm unaware of any vitamins/minerals that stimulate glucagon release. I have not really looked into it either to be honest.
                  No problemo I think I saw where epinephrine would, but then I read conflicting things regarding caffeine ingestion which supposedly stims epinephrine, and I was just confused, lol...

Jason

Comment

• Layne I saw Dave recommends a post workout meal of 50g whey, 30g of fat from peanut butter and no carbs. I thought you don't want fat after a workout?, but straight fast acting carbs?. Which is what i've always done and still do. What is your take on Dave's post workout meal and after all the research done that says carbs are the most important nutrient after a workout, why would he recommend 30 g of fat?, I just want some clarification, I'm tired of hearing so many different bits of information out there, lol. thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bestia View Post
                      Lakewood?(Cleveland)
                      anabolicsociety.com

Comment

• Pre-workout meal !!!

Layne,

Every morning I am out of bed by 3:30am and in the gym by 4:15am.
                        For the last several months with the exception of using Xtend and Vaso before hitting the gym, I workout on an empty stomach.
                        No reason in particular, I just do not take the time to eat. Nor do I feel like I need too. At one time I'd have oatmeal and a protein shake before but could not really tell if it made a difference or not...

That said I've never suffered from the lack of energy, drive or focus, but every where I read most people eat before working out.

Should I have a small pre-workout meal?

Comment

• Originally posted by natedogg View Post
                          Layne I saw Dave recommends a post workout meal of 50g whey, 30g of fat from peanut butter and no carbs. I thought you don't want fat after a workout?, but straight fast acting carbs?. Which is what i've always done and still do. What is your take on Dave's post workout meal and after all the research done that says carbs are the most important nutrient after a workout, why would he recommend 30 g of fat?, I just want some clarification, I'm tired of hearing so many different bits of information out there, lol. thanks.
                          yea i have to disagree as well. fat has not been shown to have any impact on recovery or have ergogenic capacity, but if he's talking about someone dieting and they are on keto he probably recommends fats simply because they can't have carbs and stay in keto
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

• Originally posted by fitiron View Post
                            Layne,

Every morning I am out of bed by 3:30am and in the gym by 4:15am.
                            For the last several months with the exception of using Xtend and Vaso before hitting the gym, I workout on an empty stomach.
                            No reason in particular, I just do not take the time to eat. Nor do I feel like I need too. At one time I'd have oatmeal and a protein shake before but could not really tell if it made a difference or not...

That said I've never suffered from the lack of energy, drive or focus, but every where I read most people eat before working out.

Should I have a small pre-workout meal?
                            working out actually causes a depression in protein synthesis... it has been shown that having a preworkout meal can prevent this... have a meal
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

working out actually causes a depression in protein synthesis... it has been shown that having a preworkout meal can prevent this... have a meal

Protein shake and oatmeal ok??

Comment

• Hey Layne. Do you avoid foods with a high lignan content, or are you not concerned by them?

Comment

Working...
                                X