Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AVBG View Post
    Yeah, a kid was nervously trying to get a pic of Dex and his camera was playing up and Dex (in precontest mode) let it rip.. I actually asked him about it when he came back to Australia recently.. I will post up the conversation when I get around to transcribing it (I did interviews on dictaphone).
    man I can't believe he said that; i mean even if he's in precontest mode, but that kid probably waited in line for a long time just to get a picture with him.

that's not cool
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Comment

• Originally posted by tjoe View Post
      Layne - How do you put the videos directly into the thread like that??
      when you reply to a thread you have to use the regular reply & not the speed reply, when you start the reply you'll see a button in red above the dialogue box for youtube, then will show up and you just stick the youtube ID in between the two like 0KVLMUVyB20
      BioLayne LLC
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

Comment

• Originally posted by joshdickinson View Post
        mate I think more of them should take a leaf from your book and get in there with some intensity!
        thanks josh, I appreciate the high praise my man!
        BioLayne LLC
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

• Hey Layne I competed against you Ann Arbor michigan when you won your OCB Pro card. I was wondering when you were going to compete as a pro

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
            thanks josh, I appreciate the high praise my man!
            no worries mate. We are very similar in many ways and should talk more
            www.physique-essentials.com

Comment

• Originally posted by CHM HARDCORE View Post
              Hey Layne I competed against you Ann Arbor michigan when you won your OCB Pro card. I was wondering when you were going to compete as a pro
              hey man what's up, what's your name if you don't mind me asking? I was actually watching the video from that show today, I still get nervous when they are announcing the names... like it will suddenly change or something LOL. I'm actually taking a few years off because I need to work on my PhD research and I have a lot of weak points I need to bring up to be competitive with those pros. I want to be in the first call out in a pro show and right now I know that wouldn't happen so I'm working hard to change that. I'm also getting married next year so I know I won't be competing near then LOL.

My first show will probably be the IFPA Cape Cod Pro or the Clash of the Champions in florida.

-Layne
              BioLayne LLC
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

• Hey Layne my name is craig mclean, I didnt look or do well in the show but I learned alot . I was just coming back from a long layoff and I started working out and dieting at the same time. I never gave myself to gain back much muscle. Im going to do the ocb pro qualifier oct 13 in Flint MI, this year. I will be bigger and alot leaner.

Comment

• Awesome, I remember you; at least you know what you have to do to get it done, I'm confident you will have improved immensely. Keep us updated on your progress ok?
                  BioLayne LLC
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

• Yeah Ill be glad to keep you up to date. Im new to the message boards. Ive heard of them but I knew nothing about them until now. I could talk about weightlifting around the clock, but the "normal" people around me get tired of it. This is a great outlet.

Comment

• absolutely!
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

• Layne,
                        What kind of camera do you use for all your videos? Right now I just have a Fujifilm digital that takes awful pics and even worse vids!!
                        Currently: PowerBuilding

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                          as you age (not saying you are old ) your body becomes less sensitive to amino acids so it takes more amino acids to get the same effect, if you are going to go that much lower on protein; i would suggest supplementing with leucine or a BCAA product which will help make up for the reduced stimulatory effect from being less sensitive to amino acids and for the fact that you've reduced protein. If not then I would increase protein to about 200g; and I would make fat about 25% of calories, then make up the rest of your calories from carbohydrates.

-Layne
                          I have been running the diet arounf 200g Protein 50-60 fat and 300 carb a day. I'm losing about 2lbs a week and my workouts have not droped at all. The only problem with the diet so far is a few beers on the weekend.

Comment

• well if it ain't broke don't fix it my man!
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Poppa S View Post
                              Layne,
                              What kind of camera do you use for all your videos? Right now I just have a Fujifilm digital that takes awful pics and even worse vids!!
                              I have a panasonic Lumix LZ2; it's pretty good for just a point and shoot. the only things i don't like is it takes movies in .mov format, and you cannot use the zoom function while filming a movie, but the image stability stuff is awsome
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

• Originally posted by CHM HARDCORE View Post
                                Im new to the message boards. Ive heard of them but I knew nothing about them until now. I could talk about weightlifting around the clock, but the "normal" people around me get tired of it. This is a great outlet.
                                Bingo! That's why I stick around here. Who needs the normal people right?

By the way, a hearty welcome to the board!

Comment

Working...
                                X