Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Layne,
    I saw something on BB.com about a new "Tri-Phase" video... what is the deal on this? I thought we werent getting any new ones.
    NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• Originally posted by crou View Post
      Layne,
      I saw something on BB.com about a new "Tri-Phase" video... what is the deal on this? I thought we werent getting any new ones.
      The Tri-Phase series features Marc and Derek from scivation not Layne. I was really looking forward to seeing the Episode with Jon Harris and Jim Cordova, does that footage actually exist?

Comment

• few more ?'s if you don't mind:

1- what are your thoughts/experiences with forksolin and TTA as fat burners?

2- I know you say you try to add lean mass for 4-8 weeks then take ~2 weeks to do a mini cut to take advantage of your hormones/leptin levels, but I'm still not sure how you factor in your "break time" (the time you take to rest after weeks of intense training) or if you change your cardio regime during the deload/break times?
        also - do you ever have cut weeks were you are lifting/doing cardio as intense as you were when trying to add lean mass?

for instance:
        weeks 1-8: add lean mass
        weeks 6-7: deload and eat 500 cals below maintenance
        weeks 8-12: add lean mass
        weeks 13-15: take a break/deload and eat 500 cals below maintenance

thx!

Comment

• Just ordered a copy of the DVD. Looking forward to watching it!

Comment

• Originally posted by rxj22 View Post
            The Tri-Phase series features Marc and Derek from scivation not Layne. I was really looking forward to seeing the Episode with Jon Harris and Jim Cordova, does that footage actually exist?
            yes
            BioLayne LLC
            PhD, Nutritional Sciences
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

• Layne,

Is there anything wrong with taking all my sesamin pills with final meal of the day?

Thanks for the help.

Comment

• regarding your high volume and frequency, do you change anything while dieting? i can understand the reasoning for not increasing volume/frequency on lower calories, but what about training each bodypart 1x per week, maybe a few less sets and just heavier.. is this good enough or worse to preserve muscle while dieting?

also, this is a pretty newb question regarding nutrition, but if one were to get a majority of carbs from oatmeal, the amount of fiber and protein from it adds up - do you count the calories in the fiber (according to lyle mcdonald they yield 1.5kcals - 3kcals per g) or not?

also, for each 1 cup of dry oats that'd be 10g of protein - would you count this to your daily totals? why/why not?

thanks layne

Comment

• guys please bare with me, i will get to these questions but my wife is having surgery tommorow, I have to shoot more footage this weekend for the webcast (yes it's back) and i'm starting an animal experiment on monday and have to mix the diets for that
                  BioLayne LLC
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

• Hope the surgery goes well for Isabel with whatever it is

Comment

• Originally posted by captshiner View Post
                      regarding your high volume and frequency, do you change anything while dieting? i can understand the reasoning for not increasing volume/frequency on lower calories, but what about training each bodypart 1x per week, maybe a few less sets and just heavier.. is this good enough or worse to preserve muscle while dieting?

also, this is a pretty newb question regarding nutrition, but if one were to get a majority of carbs from oatmeal, the amount of fiber and protein from it adds up - do you count the calories in the fiber (according to lyle mcdonald they yield 1.5kcals - 3kcals per g) or not?

also, for each 1 cup of dry oats that'd be 10g of protein - would you count this to your daily totals? why/why not?

thanks layne
                      I'm obviously not Layne, but I can tell you with fair certainty that Layne doesn't change much up in regard to training volume or frequency during dieting.

Also, concerning counting the protein from all foods (including oats) in your daily totals, count everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by thagman View Post
                        I'm obviously not Layne.
                        Mmm... I see.

Comment

• Originally posted by thagman View Post
                          I'm obviously not Layne, but I can tell you with fair certainty that Layne doesn't change much up in regard to training volume or frequency during dieting.

Also, concerning counting the protein from all foods (including oats) in your daily totals, count everything.
                          yup somebody has been paying attention
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                            guys please bare with me, i will get to these questions but my wife is having surgery tommorow, I have to shoot more footage this weekend for the webcast (yes it's back) and i'm starting an animal experiment on monday and have to mix the diets for that
                            bout time ive rewatched every episode many times

Comment

guys please bare with me, i will get to these questions but my wife is having surgery tommorow, I have to shoot more footage this weekend for the webcast (yes it's back) and i'm starting an animal experiment on monday and have to mix the diets for that
                              Hope all goes well Layne.
                              NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

I hope everything is ok with Isabel and goes smoothly.
                                VP of Marketing for Nutrabio
                                instagram @naturalguy2.0

Comment

Working...
                                X