Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unleashed DVD

Layne... Recieved the DVD today and really enjoyed it! It's not your typical "bodybuilding" DVD with just lifting but damn informative. Great job with putting it together and looking forward to bringin it down on the 2nd!

Comment

• Originally posted by naturalguy View Post
      I hope everything is ok with Isabel and goes smoothly.

DITTO!!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
        guys please bare with me, i will get to these questions but my wife is having surgery tommorow, I have to shoot more footage this weekend for the webcast (yes it's back) and i'm starting an animal experiment on monday and have to mix the diets for that
        hope everything goes well, my prayers are with you guys

Comment

• yea she's fine, just in a lot of pain right now but the surgeon was very happy with the outcome of the surgery
          BioLayne LLC
          PhD, Nutritional Sciences
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• Originally posted by semper27 View Post
            Layne... Recieved the DVD today and really enjoyed it! It's not your typical "bodybuilding" DVD with just lifting but damn informative. Great job with putting it together and looking forward to bringin it down on the 2nd!
            glad to hear that buddy!
            BioLayne LLC
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

• hey layne , just finished reading your article on rep ranges , its got alot of science to back it up. i have an opinion question for you. If theres much science backing up the rep ranges in your article , why does a company like ast push there max-ot training so much and claim that its back up by "real science" to be the most effective way to train with the 4-6 rep range.I always thought it to be a way for you to buy more supplements from there company.just would like to hear your educated opinion.

Comment

• Layne

How much do you rest in between sets during hypertrophy and Power workouts?? and why you never go to failure during hypertrophy?

thanks.

Comment

• i go to failure during hypertrophy some... but the volume is so high that if you were going to failure constantly you would become neurally fatigued very quickly
                  BioLayne LLC
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

• Hey Layne,
                    When you have protein/carb meals, if the carb source say 25g coming from a sweet potato or low/med gi carb, can you have a fat source just as a tsp of olive oil, or should those meals have no fat at all?

Comment

• oh 25g of carbs with some fat is no big deal. you just don't want to be having 75g of carbs with 25g fat, that's what is most pertinant to avoid
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

• layne.........seriously.......the DVD.....LEGIT!

Comment

• liked it?
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

• Layne, is there a cut-off point where you don't recommend HIIT anymore to someone that is cutting? Like a certain level of carbs or calories if they are too low?

Comment

• not really
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

• Another Newbie begging for Layne's wisdom...

Layne,

I'm doing my first show in just under 11 weeks. I know how to get myself lean, but by all accounts getting ripped is another thing altogether.

Can you please tell me if I'm on the right track so far and what I should be planning to do for the last week?

I'd really like to keep it as simple as possible, use one method, with as few variables to control as possible, test it out - and see how I react, you know?

There's people saying "drink normal water until friday night, then cut it out" then there's others saying "1 gal Wed, 3/4 gal Thur, 1/2 gal Fri....etc", there's guys saying "You can only hold 500g of glucose in your liver/skeletal muscle so anything more than 500g of carbs to carb-up with is a waste. Start Sat morning" and then others who say the traditional "Start Wed/Thurs ...etc". And then there's Sodium! And Potassium!

It's a bit confusing! I'm leaning more towards the "keep water in until Fri night, then cut it out while carbing up like a demon on Saturday" because I can kinda see the sense in that, but I don't know for sure. I'd like to have a sensible plan in mind now, so that I have something to hang my hat on in 10 weeks time.

So here's me:

28 years old, reformed fat bastard.
                                6'1"
                                213.4lb this morning (typically gain about 6-7lb during the day)
                                Approx 11-12%
                                Thinking I'll compete around 200lb.
                                Eating about 2500-2700Cal/day:

1 - 6 x weet bix with water (67.5g carb)
                                Protein shake (48g protein)
                                30g almonds (15g fat, 7.5g carb)

2 - 305g sweet potato (52g carb)
                                170g tuna in springwater (48g protein, 2g fat)

3 - 305g sweet potato (52g carb)
                                220g chicken breast (48g protein, 3g fat)
                                30g almonds (15g fat, 7.5g carb)

4 - 270g sweet potato (46g carb)
                                220g chicken breast (48g protein, 3g fat)

5 - 220g chicken breast (48g protein, 3g fat)
                                1 cup veggies or salad (cellulous and/or green leafy stuff)

6 - 230g steak (48g protein, 6g fat)
                                1 cup salad or veggies (cellulous or green leafy stuff)

It's a little mixed up on a training day, but very similar to the above.

I do 25-35mins of very brisk walking every morning before breakfast and do 11mins of slightly more intense cardio on a machine after training (4 times per week). I plan to increase this post-training amount by 1 min per week.

I also pack the shelves on a supermarket (supplement money!) for 4 hours on Saturday night, which is almost as much work as a 1hr weights workout.

I have dropped about 4.4lb after doing the above for 14 days and am confident I can continue like this forever. I am relatively full and not hating life - so I must be doing something wrong?!?!

I am maintaining strength and even adding the odd rep or two in my workouts.

What's going to change? Does life get miserable and hard below 8% or something? I have already started to avoid added salt because I'm tired of the bloating and blimping through the day.

What's my plan for the last 7 days, assuming I make it to below 5% a week or three out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers,

Comment

Working...
                                X