Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Gixxer, I may come of as a bit insulting, but aren't you asking just way too much? Layne is helpful and does answer many of the questions (most often asked already, in fact), but remember that the guy's crazy busy and he provides nutrition/training/contest prep services.

Just a reminder and to put things into their proper perspective.

Comment

• Also, what do you think about linear high intensity training? Like running for 15 minutes at the maximum speed you can maintain for that time... Then followed by 10-15 minutes of LI for cool-down

Comment

• few more ?'s if you don't mind:

1- what are your thoughts/experiences with forksolin and TTA as fat burners?

2- I know you say you try to add lean mass for 4-8 weeks then take ~2 weeks to do a mini cut to take advantage of your hormones/leptin levels, but I'm still not sure how you factor in your "break time" (the time you take to rest after weeks of intense training) or if you change your cardio regime during the deload/break times?
        also - do you ever have cut weeks were you are lifting/doing cardio as intense as you were when trying to add lean mass?

for instance:
        weeks 1-8: add lean mass
        weeks 6-7: deload and eat 500 cals below maintenance
        weeks 8-12: add lean mass
        weeks 13-15: take a break/deload and eat 500 cals below maintenance

thx!

Comment

• Originally posted by BULK_CITY View Post
          few more ?'s if you don't mind:

1- what are your thoughts/experiences with forksolin and TTA as fat burners?

2- I know you say you try to add lean mass for 4-8 weeks then take ~2 weeks to do a mini cut to take advantage of your hormones/leptin levels, but I'm still not sure how you factor in your "break time" (the time you take to rest after weeks of intense training) or if you change your cardio regime during the deload/break times?
          also - do you ever have cut weeks were you are lifting/doing cardio as intense as you were when trying to add lean mass?

for instance:
          weeks 1-8: add lean mass
          weeks 6-7: deload and eat 500 cals below maintenance
          weeks 8-12: add lean mass
          weeks 13-15: take a break/deload and eat 500 cals below maintenance

thx!
          I'd imagine that he'd tell you to keep everything the same, other than simply lowering your caloric intake during those two weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by thagman View Post
            I'd imagine that he'd tell you to keep everything the same, other than simply lowering your caloric intake during those two weeks.
            so you would drop cals by ~1000? i got 1000 assuming you are puting on mass at 500 cals above maintenance, so to drop 1lb, you would lower by 1000 cals

Comment

• guys, give me a chance to catch up. Isabel JUST had surgery.
              BioLayne LLC
              PhD, Nutritional Sciences
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                guys, give me a chance to catch up. Isabel JUST had surgery.
                so I obviously missed something....what did she have surgery for?? Is she alright?
                Eric Helms Controlled Labs Athlete NASM CPT & PES
                http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Comment

• she's fine, she had a breast reconstruction for a congenital defect she's dealt with since she was a teenager. The surgery was pretty extensive and it's only today that she's just been able to get up and really move around well.
                  BioLayne LLC
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

• Originally posted by super_stevecc View Post

Just a reminder and to put things into their proper perspective.
                    Point taken Steve, I don't want to waste anybody's time! I'm also not looking for any great in-depth, one-on-one, specially tailored advice.

I am looking for some reassurance that I'm setting myself up properly so far (Yes/no/depends) and a bit of "if you wanna know how it's done go to XYZ..." or "please see X thread".

I didn't want to cause any offence or come off all entitled and demanding!

Comment

• Gixxer, good attitude there. Let Layne chime in. =).

Thanks, to tell you, hiring Layne is one of the best investments out there. You'll learn a ton about the things you think that you already know. =)

Good luck!

Comment

she's fine, she had a breast reconstruction for a congenital defect she's dealt with since she was a teenager. The surgery was pretty extensive and it's only today that she's just been able to get up and really move around well.
                        that's cute that you guys both had chest surgeries....you guys are scalpel buddies

but in all seriousness I hope it went well, and I wish her a speedy recovery.
                        Eric Helms Controlled Labs Athlete NASM CPT & PES
                        http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Comment

• yea, and my dad had rotator cuff/bicep/and hernia surgery, mom has a broken foot, and our dog Seffi has a partially torn ligament in her knee.

when it rains...
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

guys, give me a chance to catch up. Isabel JUST had surgery.
                            Plus you have to deal with all my foolish questions

Glad surgery went well with the wife Layne.
                            NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• that's different... you paid me LOL
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

yea, and my dad had rotator cuff/bicep/and hernia surgery, mom has a broken foot, and our dog Seffi has a partially torn ligament in her knee.

when it rains...

your telling me

Comment

Working...
                                X