Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last edited by str8flexed; April 8, 2007, 10:14 PM.
    2013 NPC MID-ILLINOIS LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMP

Comment

• Hey Layne,

Whats your opinion on the metabolic diet???

Comment

• Originally posted by flexingtonsteele View Post
        Hey Layne,

Whats your opinion on the metabolic diet???
        sorry there are so many slogan diets out there, what are the principles behind this one?
        BioLayne LLC
        PhD, Nutritional Sciences
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

• Originally posted by adambombbis View Post
          Nice vid adam. Shit Kevin had some mean arms, those tris were huge (and may be huge again soon judging by his interview on PBW last week).

I just had that thing I get sometimes where you kind of get shocked at someones size. For the most part we're looking at these pros quite a lot and get desensitized to them but every so often the mind seems to get reset and you just go "damn!". Watching that footage of Kevin just now and I was just amazed that a body could get that big (in reality this applies to pretty much all pros). That's why I love this sport. It's about pushing boundaries to the limit.

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
            sorry there are so many slogan diets out there, what are the principles behind this one?
            Its basically like palumbos diet which high protein and moderate fats. But u carb up for 2 straight days after 5 days of zero carbs.

heres the link
            www.metabolicdiet.com

Comment

• Originally posted by flexingtonsteele View Post
              Its basically like palumbos diet which high protein and moderate fats. But u carb up for 2 straight days after 5 days of zero carbs.

heres the link
              www.metabolicdiet.com
              IMO that's a good way to lose fat, but I think you maintain muscle better with keeping carbs more moderate and I've always used the mentality that you should keep as many carbs in as possible while still allowing you to drop fat at the appropriate weight. Carbs aren't evil, any thing out of moderation is most often never good
              BioLayne LLC
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

• sorry about the video layne i was just experimenting to post you tube the way you said....anyway i have a quick question for ya.
                i think i know the answer, but you know i started dieting and i hate oatmeal. can i take out 1/4 (eating 1 cup dry) cup and add 1/2 cup bluberries? according to the info on bluberry bag 1/2 cup contains 9g carbs, 5g sugar, 3g fiber...it's much more tollerable with this and splenda but since it is a fruit will it make a difference in my prep? i dont think it really will but just wanted your opinion

Comment

• nope, it would be just fine brother... do it to it
                  BioLayne LLC
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

• Layne, Just read your article "A calorie is a calorie...or is it?" In Intelligent Design Mag. Good stuff. Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us.
                    Assistant to the regional manager.
                    Iron8 approved

Comment

• no problem my man. Glad you enjoyed it
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

• Originally posted by west View Post
                        Bingo! That's why I stick around here. Who needs the normal people right?

By the way, a hearty welcome to the board!
                        thanks for the welcome as I get closer to my contest oct 13 I try to post some pictures, to get some feed back on what muscle groups need more work in the offseason . I have a hard time seeing the whole picture, like what improvements would most benifit my over all look . Yeah who needs the normal people?

Comment

• thanks brotha

Comment

• layne , just wanted to hear how you go about nighttime nutrition , do you take any time released protein , whole food, carbs ect.?

Comment

• i have a whole food meal, usually a meat w/ rice or something or perhaps oats; then when i wake up to pee (I wake up every night pretty much same time) I down some xtend (BCAAs) & a protein bar then go back to sleep
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

• haha, i have been preaching that for years (during the night feeds) yet all the local aussies I was working with thought I was a raving lunatic!
                                www.physique-essentials.com

Comment

Working...
                                X