Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, overkill.

Layne recommends BCAA supplementation pre and post workout. 10-15 grams is fine. This is in the FAQs.

Comment

• 10g of BCAAs would absolutely max out protein synthesis
      BioLayne LLC
      PhD, Nutritional Sciences
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

Comment

• Layne,

I know you recommend taking BCAA's pre/post rather than sipping during the whole workout...

But, how many scoops of Xtend do you think would give the maximum benefit if one were to sip throughout weights and cardio (about 1 hour of weights, half hour of cardio). Still 10 grams or more like 20 grams since it is spread out over a longer period of time?

Comment

• 'sustained elevations in plasma amino acids will cause protein synthesis to become refractory'

sipping throughout a workout will do exactly this... as i have stated numerous times. hence the reason I suggest pre and post workout
          BioLayne LLC
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• so here is an idea of a pre post stack i was going to swithch too... please comment and make suggestions

PRE
            50g protein
            50g oats
            5g creapure creatine
            1 cap R-ALA 150mg

50g waxy maize
            5g creapure
            1 cap R-ALA
            New-Man Nutrition
            Live Free, Train Hard

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
              10g of BCAAs would absolutely max out protein synthesis
              Couple of follow-up Q's then. The guys at Scivation feel that it should be .17gm of BCAA per lb of bodyweight. Are saying that you dont think this much is necessary?

The 10gm max out is that at one sitting? (I ask because I put some in a jug and sip on the mixture throughout the day. Again, something I have been doing for a while. Interesting with that and your research showing ingestion of leucine in between meals ).

Ok...so what about this altered protocol:

1) 1 - 2 scoops prior to cardio in a.m.

2) 2 scoops in a jug through the day.

3) 1 - 2 scoops during workout depending on bodypart for that day.
              Shelby 01/2000 - 4/18/10. Rest in peace baby, there's no more suffering.

Comment

• Forget the above post......found a lot of it in the FAQ.

Comment

• Unleashed DVD

Just got the DVD in the mail today and all I can say is "THANK YOU". It is full of information, something that the natural bodybuilding community has needed for a long time. I appreciate the Cutler,Coleman, etc. DVD's, but how many of us can really relate to them in bodybuilding terms. "Unleashed" is the real deal and I hope everyone who visits this thread buys a copy, I guarantee you will not be disappointed.
                  " Sweat the details, it ALL matters"

Comment

• Originally posted by AzDrugFree View Post
                    Couple of follow-up Q's then. The guys at Scivation feel that it should be .17gm of BCAA per lb of bodyweight. Are saying that you dont think this much is necessary?

The 10gm max out is that at one sitting? (I ask because I put some in a jug and sip on the mixture throughout the day. Again, something I have been doing for a while. Interesting with that and your research showing ingestion of leucine in between meals ).

Ok...so what about this altered protocol:

1) 1 - 2 scoops prior to cardio in a.m.

2) 2 scoops in a jug through the day.

3) 1 - 2 scoops during workout depending on bodypart for that day.
                    well for a 200 lber that ends up being 34g. I have 5g in between each meal and 10g post workout and 5g at night so that ends up being around 30-35g/day anyway
                    BioLayne LLC
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

• Originally posted by rockhard View Post
                      Just got the DVD in the mail today and all I can say is "THANK YOU". It is full of information, something that the natural bodybuilding community has needed for a long time. I appreciate the Cutler,Coleman, etc. DVD's, but how many of us can really relate to them in bodybuilding terms. "Unleashed" is the real deal and I hope everyone who visits this thread buys a copy, I guarantee you will not be disappointed.
                      I truly appreciate that and I appreciate your support. It's funny, I was surprised at who actually ordered dvds and who didn't. I came out with this DVD because people kept telling me "we'll support you, I would so buy that DVD" and now that it's finally out... not a peep. Then other people I'd never heard from in my life ordered several copies... weird how it works out. It's doing pretty well right now, but I hope it does even better, I think it would really make a statement about natural bodybuilding if we could sell a lot of copies, and I'm not going to act like the money wouldn't be good either. But honestly, if I just don't go in the hole, I'm happy so long as it sells well and increases natural bodybuilding exposure.
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

• layne do u have a chapter breakdown of the dvd??

Comment

well for a 200 lber that ends up being 34g. I have 5g in between each meal and 10g post workout and 5g at night so that ends up being around 30-35g/day anyway
                          Do you prefer that versus the protocol laid out in the faq? (the 5 pre workout, 10 after, 5 before bed, 5 during the night, etc)

Also...I take it you dont put too much stock into the whole sucralose thing and dropping bodyfat? I know Dr. Joe feels that sucralose will hinder bodyfat loss. I have yet to find anything that supports that. Do you know of any?

Comment

I truly appreciate that and I appreciate your support. It's funny, I was surprised at who actually ordered dvds and who didn't. I came out with this DVD because people kept telling me "we'll support you, I would so buy that DVD" and now that it's finally out... not a peep. Then other people I'd never heard from in my life ordered several copies... weird how it works out. It's doing pretty well right now, but I hope it does even better, I think it would really make a statement about natural bodybuilding if we could sell a lot of copies, and I'm not going to act like the money wouldn't be good either. But honestly, if I just don't go in the hole, I'm happy so long as it sells well and increases natural bodybuilding exposure.
                            Aloha Bro, congrats on your DVD. I understand where you are coming from about promoting Natural Bodybuilding. I hope everyone gets a copy of your DVD and sees how we as naturals take this sport very seriously. Good luck, Chris

Comment

• Chris's DVD

Originally posted by Chris Faildo View Post
                              Aloha Bro, congrats on your DVD. I understand where you are coming from about promoting Natural Bodybuilding. I hope everyone gets a copy of your DVD and sees how we as naturals take this sport very seriously. Good luck, Chris
                              The same goes for yours Chris. I also ordered yours and it is great. Mits did an outstanding job and as I stated previously about Layne, you have done a great service to the natural bodybuilding community. Everyone who follows the Natty forum would be doing themselves a huge favor by ordering a copy of both DVDs. It is rare that 2 athletes at the top of their game offer an inside look at how they got there.
                              Last edited by rockhard; July 30, 2008, 04:51 AM. Reason: spelling
                              " Sweat the details, it ALL matters"

Comment

thats the way life is layne, all the talk in the world doesnt mean a god damn thing, its the actions of people that will always show where their hearts at. But hey at least no one's ripped your dvd and put it out as a torrent (yes I checked).

Comment

Working...
                                X