Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • i always say, when in doubt... cut. if you aren't comfortable with your bodyfat then it is likely you will half hearted when trying to gain muscle.
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

    Comment


    • As Xtend contains both glutamine and citrulline malate, are we aiming for 5-10g of only leucine, isoleucine and valine? I.e. 13g of Xtend = 10g of BCAA.

      What if we only have leucine available, and it seems to be the primary driver anyway, should we dose 2.5-5g respectively?

      The original EAA studies also used sucrose, is the insulin release from the BCAA/leucine sufficient or would you recommend adding some carbs to the BCAA drink?

      Comment


      • Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
        email me on the 8th and remind me and i'll save one for you before i send them off to distributers
        Cheers for that Layne, will do

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Blade_MyR View Post
          As Xtend contains both glutamine and citrulline malate, are we aiming for 5-10g of only leucine, isoleucine and valine? I.e. 13g of Xtend = 10g of BCAA.

          What if we only have leucine available, and it seems to be the primary driver anyway, should we dose 2.5-5g respectively?

          The original EAA studies also used sucrose, is the insulin release from the BCAA/leucine sufficient or would you recommend adding some carbs to the BCAA drink?
          3g of leu is probably sufficient.

          as for the insulin release, it might help a bit, but the downside is the extra calories. it's a toss up in my mind
          BioLayne LLC
          PhD, Nutritional Sciences
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

          Comment


          • Tomorrow should be a blast for "Team Norton"! Here's to all the guys/gals that are competing Saturday and their relentless hours dieting and hard work in the gym. Each and everyone of 'you' are already winners. I know luck is not needed nor required but here's wishing everyone a good showing!

            Comment


            • Originally posted by Flynn44 View Post
              Tomorrow should be a blast for "Team Norton"! Here's to all the guys/gals that are competing Saturday and their relentless hours dieting and hard work in the gym. Each and everyone of 'you' are already winners. I know luck is not needed nor required but here's wishing everyone a good showing!

              ^^^^^^^^^ DITTO!!!!!!!!!

              Makes me proud to be part of the team. I'll definitely be there inspirit.

              I talked to Semper last night for awhile. The guy is as AMP'd up as you can get.

              I wish them ALL well.

              Layne, you've done an awesome job with these guys!

              Comment


              • Hell ya ! Can't wait to see Alberto on the pro stage!

                BTW Layne, where can we get Team Norton shirts?? I want one for my show.
                NGA Pro Bodybuilder

                Comment


                • Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                  3g of leu is probably sufficient.

                  as for the insulin release, it might help a bit, but the downside is the extra calories. it's a toss up in my mind
                  Is the 3g of Leucine based off the study on endurance athletes and catabolic state?
                  "I'm special, you're special. We are all just a bunch of special fcukers!" - Stifler

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by crou View Post
                    Hell ya ! Can't wait to see Alberto on the pro stage!

                    BTW Layne, where can we get Team Norton shirts?? I want one for my show.
                    email me
                    BioLayne LLC
                    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by zachattack43 View Post
                      Is the 3g of Leucine based off the study on endurance athletes and catabolic state?
                      it's based on several studies. all cited in my ISSN presentation
                      BioLayne LLC
                      PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by crou View Post
                        Hell ya ! Can't wait to see Alberto on the pro stage!

                        BTW Layne, where can we get Team Norton shirts?? I want one for my show.
                        Did you see his latest pics?
                        http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...postcount=3168

                        not to bad eh? lol
                        Assistant to the regional manager.
                        Iron8 approved

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Toddbz View Post
                          Did you see his latest pics?
                          http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...postcount=3168

                          not to bad eh? lol
                          I love how he thinks he looks watery...lol friggin freak

                          OH layne, just sent you paypal for the dvd I can't wait!
                          Eric Helms Controlled Labs Athlete NASM CPT & PES
                          http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

                          Comment


                          • Hey guys....which of you are utilizing Layne's training split? I saw FitIrons prep thread....wondering if anyone else has a training log with some routine samples. I am sure its been asked, but if not I wonder what effect there would be with breaking up the power days like DoggCrap breaks his days up...then do the volume workouts as listed by Layne.
                            Shelby 01/2000 - 4/18/10. Rest in peace baby, there's no more suffering.

                            Comment


                            • meals versus shakes

                              Hey Layne as far as thermogenisis goes when eating solid meals.............

                              i am trying to go from 12% bodyfat down to around 7%. my question is about eating 6 solid meals per day versus having 3 solid meals and 3 shakes in between.

                              would drinking the shakes in place of the meals really slow down thermogenisis from eating solid meals?

                              i wanted to know how big a factor thermogenisis makes from eating a solid food meal.

                              thanks.
                              Last edited by spiderman405; August 1, 2008, 11:26 PM.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Toddbz View Post
                                Did you see his latest pics?
                                http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...postcount=3168

                                not to bad eh? lol
                                Originally posted by Quelly View Post
                                I love how he thinks he looks watery...lol friggin freak

                                OH layne, just sent you paypal for the dvd I can't wait!
                                I think he could be a little more vascular haha

                                Can't wait to see what he looks like today.

                                Good luck Berto (through Layne)
                                NGA Pro Bodybuilder

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X