Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• question about amino acids:

I know that if you combine incomplete proteins with complete, you make the incompletes into complete proteins. I also know that when you digest protein, your body breaks the protein down into invidual amino acids... I'm just curious why wouldn't you be able to absorb/use the incomplete proteins if the body is just going to end up breaking them down anyway.

Or is the complete vs incomplete subject just saying that complete proteins are better so you have more amino acids and not that you arent somehow leaving them undigested/used by your body?

thanks

Comment

• also- this may be dumb, but I'm getting different answers.

How much protein is in 1oz of cooked bonless/skinless chicken breast?

Comment

• http://www.nutritiondata.com
        BioLayne LLC
        PhD, Nutritional Sciences
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

• Originally posted by candidate View Post
          layne, whats the real deal on the rate of digestion of meat proteins?

ive heard people say thngs like "red meat breaks down at about 6 grams per hour'

is it a steady stream? is it a consistant relaease of amino acids?

it would be awesome if you could design a graph where the horizontal axis is marked off by a unit of time, and the vertical axis is marked off by grams of amino acids released into the blood stream.. and you created of line on the graph for different sources of protein..
          there is no good data on what you seek. they believe it's around 3-5g/hour. yes it would be a constant elevation. but the data is just not that good or reliable at this point
          BioLayne LLC
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• Layne, just received your DVD.Thanks mate. Awesome and inspiring. Cheers

Comment

• Originally posted by candidate View Post
              so a theoretical line at that graph might start at 3 on the vertical axis and as it moves to the right it would slowly move its way up to around 5 on the vertical axis ??

i would trust what you say is your best guess, over anyone else that i can think of.. so what would be your best guess if you had to make a guess..?
              do i have to? I really really hate making guesses and then having people say "Layne said this..." when in reality i could be dead wrong
              BioLayne LLC
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

• awesome!

"Leg Day Is Business"
                Layne Norton

Comment

• hey layne how come on ur tricep movements you pretty much let the bar/handle come all the way up to the top before you go back down again
                  "Leg Day Is Business"
                  Layne Norton

Comment

• better stretch for the tricep
                    BioLayne LLC
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                      better stretch for the tricep
                      i hear ya, i have never seen anyone bring the bar/handle up that high when doing triceps like that before, im gonna try it out

im still watching DVD its awesome
                      "Leg Day Is Business"
                      Layne Norton

Comment

• I got mine today but being the weirdo I am I saved it for tomorrow morning before I workout... can't wait to watch it!!!
                        NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• Originally posted by crou View Post
                          I got mine today but being the weirdo I am I saved it for tomorrow morning before I workout... can't wait to watch it!!!
                          just finished watching the whole thing + all bonus material
                          "Leg Day Is Business"
                          Layne Norton

Comment

• Originally posted by gainmusclefast View Post
                            just finished watching the whole thing + all bonus material
                            And? How was it?

Comment

• Originally posted by west View Post
                              And? How was it?
                              was great, definately glad i ordered it and i hope there is another one in the future
                              "Leg Day Is Business"
                              Layne Norton

Comment

• Can't wait for mine now

Layne, make sure you wait for that email on the 7/8th! One UK order coming up

Comment

Working...
                                X