Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got some great motivation from Layne's DVD pre-workout. I loved it all and especially the extra footage. My favorite scene is in the diner when Layne is talking about nutrition and bodybuilder's eating habits. Really hit home with me and I got some great information out of how to go about it.
    NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• Originally posted by crou View Post
      Got some great motivation from Layne's DVD pre-workout. I loved it all and especially the extra footage. My favorite scene is in the diner when Layne is talking about nutrition and bodybuilder's eating habits. Really hit home with me and I got some great information out of how to go about it.
      yea i liked that part a lot and the extra training footage
      "Leg Day Is Business"
      Layne Norton

Comment

• Originally posted by crou View Post
        Got some great motivation from Layne's DVD pre-workout. I loved it all and especially the extra footage. My favorite scene is in the diner when Layne is talking about nutrition and bodybuilder's eating habits. Really hit home with me and I got some great information out of how to go about it.
        glad you enjoyed it jim
        BioLayne LLC
        PhD, Nutritional Sciences
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

• AWWW man, this is such a terrible teaser!!!! I just sent away today for the DVD, and I can't wait to watch it! I wrote on the note that it was from PTmuscle on the MD forum but you can just address it to Jon. My handwriting isn't always the best but I think I made it legible enough, let me know if you need me to resend the address, I'll PM you. Thanks! can't wait to see it... how's training going coming along?
          http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...n?goto=newpost

Comment

• just watched it again for the 2nd time
            "Leg Day Is Business"
            Layne Norton

Comment

• Well, be sure to let us know whenever you watch it.

Comment

• hey layne had 2 quick questions for you

1. I'm already taking ON OPTI-MEN multi vit/mineral , its got a good amount of b-vitamins in in to begin with , do you feel supplementing with extra b-vitamins will be overkill? or boost performance? its cheap but i don't wanna overdo it and overload my body.

2. do you train forearms directly at all? been training them and havent notice to much , some people say to never negelect a body part and train them and some say they get plenty of attention from all lifts, just wanted to hear your opinion.

also can't wait for that DVD to come in, don't know how much longer i can take the suspense

Comment

• hey layne whats ur legs measure in the offseason?
                  "Leg Day Is Business"
                  Layne Norton

Comment

• just orderd mine cant waite too watch

Comment

• Layne, I just 16 and have been training seriously with the right nutrition,training, etc for one year. My main goal is to compete in a natural teen show at age 19, so i have about 3 years to prepare. I am eating 2800-3000 calories in a 40/40/20 split(250-500 over maintenance) and supplementing with whey,creatine, fish oil, and a multi. I am bulking at the moment and all of my lifts are going up dramatically ever week except for my chest exercises. My chest just doesn't seem to grow larger or stronger. My current training split is:
                      Shoulders/traps/abs
                      back/bis
                      chest/tris
                      legs/abs
                      rest(HIIT or LISS)
                      rest(HIIT or LISS)

My workouts are hypertrophy based usually hitting positive failure withing 6-8 reps for comound excercises and 8-12 for isolation. Recently I have been trying to get my chest stronger, while gaining some size so ive been doing 5 sets of 5 for all compound movements. I have seen that you do a split that emphasizes power and hypertrophy days. Do you think that a split like that would be ideal for me, or do you have any reccomendations as how to bring up my lagging chest? If you need any more information i can supply it. Thank you in advance. You are truly a huge inspiration to me and am amazed at how far you have taken your physique naturally.

Comment

• well obviously i think my method of training works very well or I wouldn't do it. Is it best for you? Not sure, but there's no reason not to try out different routines for 6 weeks and see what works well for you.

I think your diet is probably too high in protein at your age. When you are young you are still very sensitive to amino acids and don't need near as many to get the same anabolic stimulation as an adult does. You are also much more able to dispose of carbohydrates
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• Originally posted by fast-twitch View Post
                          hey layne had 2 quick questions for you

1. I'm already taking ON OPTI-MEN multi vit/mineral , its got a good amount of b-vitamins in in to begin with , do you feel supplementing with extra b-vitamins will be overkill? or boost performance? its cheap but i don't wanna overdo it and overload my body.

2. do you train forearms directly at all? been training them and havent notice to much , some people say to never negelect a body part and train them and some say they get plenty of attention from all lifts, just wanted to hear your opinion.

also can't wait for that DVD to come in, don't know how much longer i can take the suspense
                          1. overkill
                          2. no but i do a lot of grip work, in all honesty i should probably work them directly and I plan on starting
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

• Layne just got the DVD last night WOW. Its freaking AWESOME! I definitely think in a few years youve gotta come out with one thats all about your PHAT system and diet, more in depth!

Quick question, your bulk/cut cycle system is great but when you cut are you lowering your weights or just increasing cardio and trying to keep your weights the same. I train DC so Im just planning out the attack for the cut probably add 1 more HIIT and some low intensity for those 4-6 weeks.

Again, your DVD was so informative, even my parents watched it TWICE. They love your intensity haha!

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                              well obviously i think my method of training works very well or I wouldn't do it. Is it best for you? Not sure, but there's no reason not to try out different routines for 6 weeks and see what works well for you.

I think your diet is probably too high in protein at your age. When you are young you are still very sensitive to amino acids and don't need near as many to get the same anabolic stimulation as an adult does. You are also much more able to dispose of carbohydrates
                              Well i actually am somewhat sensitive to carbs, do you think that taking GDA's are beneficial? I also have decided to follow a split like yours. Could you lay one out for me? Thanks again for taking the time to help me and all these other people out.

Comment

• Originally posted by soadskater12 View Post
                                Well i actually am somewhat sensitive to carbs, do you think that taking GDA's are beneficial? I also have decided to follow a split like yours. Could you lay one out for me? Thanks again for taking the time to help me and all these other people out.

you have 2 posts and are asking someone who does this for a living to lay out a routine for you

do some reading and make your own or hire the man
                                MorphogenNutrition.com
                                Facebook.com/MorphogenNutrition

Comment

Working...
                                X