Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bhman6 View Post
    you have 2 posts and are asking someone who does this for a living to lay out a routine for you

do some reading and make your own or hire the man
    exactly, gotta pay for what you want, nothing is free.
    "I'm special, you're special. We are all just a bunch of special fcukers!" - Stifler

Comment

• Originally posted by PhillyXJ View Post
      Layne just got the DVD last night WOW. Its freaking AWESOME! I definitely think in a few years youve gotta come out with one thats all about your PHAT system and diet, more in depth!

Quick question, your bulk/cut cycle system is great but when you cut are you lowering your weights or just increasing cardio and trying to keep your weights the same. I train DC so Im just planning out the attack for the cut probably add 1 more HIIT and some low intensity for those 4-6 weeks.

Again, your DVD was so informative, even my parents watched it TWICE. They love your intensity haha!
      glad you enjoyed it buddy.. and your parents.

i don't change my weights typically when cutting, 2 weeks of cutting is not near enough to make you lose strength
      BioLayne LLC
      PhD, Nutritional Sciences
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

Comment

• Layne... just got the DVD! Awesome stuff!!!! And autographed, that is awesome! It's nice to see someone so successful be so real and down to earth cuz I can relate to you a lot. I was the skinny-fat kid in school, always last picked, etc... I'm getting marrried soon and working on a grad degree, and I'm from Indiana... so how about that? U give a lot of guys hope that they can acheive a lot in natural BBing!...
        So, given that you're crazy busy too (probably busier than me!! haha), what do u do as far as sleeping??? Do you get a full 8 hrs or just what you can and how does it affect your performance in the gym/life, etc...?
        Again, thanks for everything you're doing... hope to hire you in the next year or so!
        http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...n?goto=newpost

Comment

• Layne, I know you're no medical doctor (even though you're smarter and more comprehensive than one) but I was wondering what you knew, or what you've experienced with "exertion headaches"...

I got a crippling one last night on my first working set on incline plate press - I was either not breathing right, pushing with my neck too hard on the pad, or too many pre workout stimulants, or a combination - but it was so excruciating that I had to leave. It was a pulsing pain, it was like my heartbeat was in the back of my head - lots of pressure and very painful.

I'm getting a chiro appointment for Friday, as some say online it can also be a pinched nerve - if it happens after a week off (recommended), then I will get a MRI or CAT scan or whatever - I am in no pain now whatsoever - but I was just curious if you've ever heard or experienced this and what you know / did.

Thanks man.

Comment

Layne, I know you're no medical doctor (even though you're smarter and more comprehensive than one) but I was wondering what you knew, or what you've experienced with "exertion headaches"...

I got a crippling one last night on my first working set on incline plate press - I was either not breathing right, pushing with my neck too hard on the pad, or too many pre workout stimulants, or a combination - but it was so excruciating that I had to leave. It was a pulsing pain, it was like my heartbeat was in the back of my head - lots of pressure and very painful.

I'm getting a chiro appointment for Friday, as some say online it can also be a pinched nerve - if it happens after a week off (recommended), then I will get a MRI or CAT scan or whatever - I am in no pain now whatsoever - but I was just curious if you've ever heard or experienced this and what you know / did.

Thanks man.
            Sounds to me like suboccipital neuralgia. As a chiro I would imagine you will receive some benefit from some care. I went throughs omething similar last December. Any movement where there was flexion of the head and exertion caused a headache that put me on my knees. Was the worst during deadlifts and curls.

Without knowing more....its hard to say.
            Shelby 01/2000 - 4/18/10. Rest in peace baby, there's no more suffering.

Comment

• what test booster would you recommened? i am doing nolva right now i do one month on and one month off do you think this is a good idea?

Comment

Layne, I know you're no medical doctor (even though you're smarter and more comprehensive than one) but I was wondering what you knew, or what you've experienced with "exertion headaches"...

Thanks man.
                no idea what it is. I would definitely see a doctor.
                BioLayne LLC
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

• Originally posted by bhman6 View Post
                  you have 2 posts and are asking someone who does this for a living to lay out a routine for you

do some reading and make your own or hire the man
                  yea i don't mind answering questions but asking to put it all together is a bit much when I get almost 150-200 emails/day
                  BioLayne LLC
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

• Originally posted by njc5044 View Post
                    what test booster would you recommened? i am doing nolva right now i do one month on and one month off do you think this is a good idea?
                    there just really are not that many effective test boosters out there. usually if it's strong enough to work it's also strong enough to have negatives associated with it
                    BioLayne LLC
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

• Originally posted by PTmuscle View Post
                      Layne... just got the DVD! Awesome stuff!!!! And autographed, that is awesome! It's nice to see someone so successful be so real and down to earth cuz I can relate to you a lot. I was the skinny-fat kid in school, always last picked, etc... I'm getting marrried soon and working on a grad degree, and I'm from Indiana... so how about that? U give a lot of guys hope that they can acheive a lot in natural BBing!...
                      So, given that you're crazy busy too (probably busier than me!! haha), what do u do as far as sleeping??? Do you get a full 8 hrs or just what you can and how does it affect your performance in the gym/life, etc...?
                      Again, thanks for everything you're doing... hope to hire you in the next year or so!
                      I try to get as much as I can, but it's tough sometimes... but minimum 6 hours. Going to be tougher this fall. I just ran an experiment and will spend the next 6 months working up the samples and in the meantime I have to get my thesis together for my pre-lims and also I have to plan another experiment for november so life is going to be crazy.

I'm glad you enjoyed the DVD and I appreciate the compliments. I have no reason not to be down to earth though, I'm just a normal guy who worked really hard and have a passion for what I do. Anyone who talks down to others, especially in bodybuilding where we have so few fans to begin with, needs to be beaten with a stick until they get some sense. I have seen it happen at shows, from guys who are big names acting like they are rock stars and too good to take a minute to talk with someone. It's crazy. Anytime I have someone come up and tell me they are a fan, I feel blessed and make it a point to talk with them as long as they want.
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

• Layne i see that there are a few BBers who are cool and don't mind sharing advice. then you have some who for some reason go off the deep end and snap on fellow athletes who are trying to get the best body that they can. i dont mind helping someone who want the help or needs it. all of us have started at a beginning point, but too many forget where they come from in this lifestyle. just my 2 cents worth regarding the above statement. well i just want to say that you are great for the lifestyle Layne and everything that you get in life is much deserve. hats off to a man who bust his butt and makes no excuses. like so many have stated here, i would love to have your services one day, because you are building champions and champions in character as well. peace.
                        M.O.B= Money. Over. Bitches. 2Pac

Comment

• Just joined the board. Love your work Layne, have read many things you have writen over the years.

I don't know how you keep up with all these post. I expect a reply hahaha.

Keep doing what you are doing. When I get a free week or tow I'll read this whole thread. Damn I wish I joined earlier.

Leigh
                          www.leighcarmichael.com

Comment

• I appreciate that every much! And I do think I attract the right type of client. Invariably in any business you have a few clients who just don't mesh well with you, but so far that has been minimal and you look at people like Ben, Tommy, Kera, Carissa, and others... they all ended up becoming good friends. Hell some of my best friends started out as clients, when you work with good people, good things happen
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

• Originally posted by leigh View Post
                              Just joined the board. Love your work Layne, have read many things you have writen over the years.

I don't know how you keep up with all these post. I expect a reply hahaha.

Keep doing what you are doing. When I get a free week or tow I'll read this whole thread. Damn I wish I joined earlier.

Leigh
                              damn right you get a reply! haha. thanks I appreciate you posting. I hope you stick around!
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

• Layne - I saw a dr about the neck / headache issue and he sent me to a chiropractor - she could tell right away when I took my shirt off that I strained my trap / neck (where it ties into the neck near the ear) so hard that it almost ripped, she could tell when I moved it side to side that some of the fibers were damaged and the reason why it hurt and gave me headaches was that it was swelled up and pushing the nerve against the neckbone and the blood was having a difficult time coming through and creating lots of pressure. I strained it this bad by NOT BREATHING PROPERLY! I am disappointed I made such a rookie mistake! Now I know!

She said it was very close to ripping, but not quite! Anyways, she adjusted my middle back where some of the fibers connect, adjusted my neck so the pressure was off of the nerve (which instantly helped) and she gave me a myofacial treatment to get some of the fluid out of the neck and help the healing process...

It's been a week off the gym and she looked at me yesterday, did some more adjustments and myofacial treatment again and it feels 100%...

Going to get back tomorrow and see how it goes!

Comment

Working...
                                X