Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• glad to hear that you are feeling better!
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Comment

• what is your take on bcaas? dont we already get enough if we are eating the right amounts of food and in our shakes?

Comment

• i have probably covered this subject half a dozen times in this thread and in my FAQ
        BioLayne LLC
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

• so wait Layne, I don't know if these have been covered...

what are your thoughts on CEE, BCAA usage, glutamine, protein intake, and high intense cardio
          MorphogenNutrition.com
          Facebook.com/MorphogenNutrition

Comment

• Originally posted by bhman6 View Post
            so wait Layne, I don't know if these have been covered...

what are your thoughts on CEE, BCAA usage, glutamine, protein intake, and high intense cardio
            Can't forget fasted cardio haha
            NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• I dont think he's ever talked about that one either

what a slacker
              MorphogenNutrition.com

Comment

• new episode: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne_farzan_teen1.htm
                BioLayne LLC
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

• hey guys, a friend of mine made it to the top 4 most viewed profiles on bodyspace. You might remember her from the episodes of the webcast about the midwest states, she was competing in figure. Anyway, check her profile out: http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/kiss_rythmn/

she's worked really hard and hopefully gets her pro card this year and I'd like to keep her name up on bodyspace so she can get more exposure
                  BioLayne LLC
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                    hey guys, a friend of mine made it to the top 4 most viewed profiles on bodyspace. You might remember her from the episodes of the webcast about the midwest states, she was competing in figure. Anyway, check her profile out: http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/kiss_rythmn/

she's worked really hard and hopefully gets her pro card this year and I'd like to keep her name up on bodyspace so she can get more exposure
                    I've followed Carissa since the OCB Midwest from Nov 07.

I agree she works hard. She has vid's of some of her workouts. The girl is strong and can move some iron. Gorgeous too...

Comment

• Layne,

Do you take any supplements to help you maintain a high energy level in order to keep up with your very busy schedule? Also, I know you train with unbelievable intensity, do you get a lot of odd looks or not very nice comments thrown your way in regards to that? If you do, how do you deal with that? Does it bother you at all? Thanks!
                      "Strongman is an external view of how pissed off I really am at the world."

Comment

• good question. I use caffiene but not in large doses and take vasocharge before my workouts, but nothing crazy. I figure if I can't get it from the inside, nothing else is going to help me anyway.

I do get odd looks in the gym, today i was really going hard on legs (will have videos up soon ) and got some looks. Some people dig it, and some people hate it. Not much I can do about that. If you look at my comments on youtube you would have thought I slapped mother theresa or something. I love to lift and I love to get psyched up and put everything into a workout, I'm not going to let what people think about me change how I workout one way or the other. I'm going to do what it takes to get the job done.

Most of the people in my gym actually have told me that once they got used to me and realized I wasn't a jerk, that I was just getting into my workout, they really enjoyed having me in the gym because 1) it's entertaining and 2) they said it fires them up. I'm sure some people in the gym hate it as well, but what can you do? I'm not going to change who I am and what I love doing to make other people happy
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• Layne if you somehow were afforded the luxury of having a fully equipped gym in your backyard and didn't have to go to a public gym, do you think you could still get ass fired up even being by yourself, or do you think simply having peolpe around helps to give it your all
                          MorphogenNutrition.com

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                            I'm sure some people in the gym hate it as well, but what can you do?
                            I guess you could cut out the vocals out of respect for the rest of the people there that are trying to concentrate on their lifts and are paying for membership.

Comment

• Originally posted by bhman6 View Post
                              Layne if you somehow were afforded the luxury of having a fully equipped gym in your backyard and didn't have to go to a public gym, do you think you could still get ass fired up even being by yourself, or do you think simply having peolpe around helps to give it your all
                              i have a keyed membership at a gym in evansville. I've been in there and found it doesn't really matter too much. Either way I like to be amped up.
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

• Originally posted by west View Post
                                I guess you could cut out the vocals out of respect for the rest of the people there that are trying to concentrate on their lifts and are paying for membership.
                                and you know what, I'm not going to deny that it's a fair criticism. But again, i try to be in the gym during the later hours after rush hour and I try to be off in a corner somewhere if I can. But again, I love to lift hard and be amped up. If people find that offensive then it happens, I can't make everyone happy.

Like I said, a lot of people like it, a lot of people hate it. It is what it is. I am very respectful of others in the gym. I offer to let people work in if I think they are waiting for something I'm using, I pick up my weights, I try to stay out of people's way and I try to stick around and answer questions when people have them after my workout is over. If a little vocals offends others, then... I can't make everyone happy
                                BioLayne LLC
                                Scivation Athlete
                                MD Columnist
                                Website

Comment

Working...
                                X