Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Some new vids from tonight

    Safety Bar Squats with 425 (bar weighs 65 lbs)



    Glut ham raises with holding a 45 lb plate



    -Layne
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

    Comment


    • You training upper body at all yet, Layne?

      Comment


      • Yep, I can do a lot of stuff as long as I stay 20 reps or over. I did braced incline dumbbell rows with 65s for 3 sets of 20.

        The only thing I have to be real careful on is presses obviously, which my workout is
        3 sets of 20 reps with 25 lb dumbbell floor presses
        3 sets of 20 reps with 12.5 lb dumbbell flyes
        3 sets of 20 reps girl push ups from knees

        I"m slowly moving up. I have other re-hab exercises i do as well. It's just tough, the scar tissue feels very awkward on the presses. It almost feels like there is a quarter stuck in there or something
        BioLayne LLC
        PhD, Nutritional Sciences
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

        Comment


        • Man, you must be absolutely thrilled to be at least training upper body again (even if it is limited).

          Comment


          • Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
            Yep, I can do a lot of stuff as long as I stay 20 reps or over. I did braced incline dumbbell rows with 65s for 3 sets of 20.

            The only thing I have to be real careful on is presses obviously, which my workout is
            3 sets of 20 reps with 25 lb dumbbell floor presses
            3 sets of 20 reps with 12.5 lb dumbbell flyes
            3 sets of 20 reps girl push ups from knees

            I"m slowly moving up. I have other re-hab exercises i do as well. It's just tough, the scar tissue feels very awkward on the presses. It almost feels like there is a quarter stuck in there or something
            is your overhead pressing limited at all?
            Eric Helms Controlled Labs Athlete NASM CPT & PES
            http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

            Comment


            • Originally posted by west View Post
              Man, you must be absolutely thrilled to be at least training upper body again (even if it is limited).
              oh yea absolutely. I thank my luck stars everytime I can go in, and I try to keep in mind that if I'm not careful I could re-tear it on any rep so I try not to let my mind wander, even on light stuff.

              Eric, doc said no go on overhead presses or inclines at this point. we are coming up on the 6 month mark and he said we'll be able to get a lot more aggressive then. In the meantime, i'm back up to 220 and pretty much the only thing that looks smaller than before the tear is my right bicep is slightly smaller and of course my right pec is smaller. That's pretty much it.
              BioLayne LLC
              PhD, Nutritional Sciences
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

              Comment


              • Leucine

                Hey Layne, I usually consume leucine powder and creatine immediately after lifitng (before post workout cardio) then follow up 20-25 minutes later with 50 grams wpi and simple carbs (usually white potatoes). I usually put in 5 grams of creatine and 3 grams of leucine...do you think I need more leucine powder or is 3 grams enough?? Thanks for helping as you have great knowledge of bcaa's and amino acids. Hope the shoulder is feeling stronger...
                "If you show up to Fight Club, you're gonna get your ass kicked."

                Comment


                • Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                  Yep, I can do a lot of stuff as long as I stay 20 reps or over. I did braced incline dumbbell rows with 65s for 3 sets of 20.

                  The only thing I have to be real careful on is presses obviously, which my workout is
                  3 sets of 20 reps with 25 lb dumbbell floor presses
                  3 sets of 20 reps with 12.5 lb dumbbell flyes
                  3 sets of 20 reps girl push ups from knees

                  I"m slowly moving up. I have other re-hab exercises i do as well. It's just tough, the scar tissue feels very awkward on the presses. It almost feels like there is a quarter stuck in there or something
                  I am glad to hear that you are recovering very well Coach

                  Francisco

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                    oh yea absolutely. I thank my luck stars everytime I can go in, and I try to keep in mind that if I'm not careful I could re-tear it on any rep so I try not to let my mind wander, even on light stuff.

                    Eric, doc said no go on overhead presses or inclines at this point. we are coming up on the 6 month mark and he said we'll be able to get a lot more aggressive then. In the meantime, i'm back up to 220 and pretty much the only thing that looks smaller than before the tear is my right bicep is slightly smaller and of course my right pec is smaller. That's pretty much it.
                    that's amazing man, you've worked hard! the same weight as before with smaller right bicep and pec...somebody's legs are bigger
                    so are you just doing laterals, rear and front raises for shoulders?
                    Eric Helms Controlled Labs Athlete NASM CPT & PES
                    http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

                    Comment


                    • Layne - Can you remember roughly what your off season workout was like, before your injury. Im planning on staring my off season this Monday and was looking for some help with exercises, sets, reps, how many times a week to hit each body parts, cardio etc?

                      Any chance you can help me out a bit?

                      Thanks

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by roryp15 View Post
                        Layne - Can you remember roughly what your off season workout was like, before your injury. Im planning on staring my off season this Monday and was looking for some help with exercises, sets, reps, how many times a week to hit each body parts, cardio etc?

                        Any chance you can help me out a bit?

                        Thanks
                        well...

                        you could watch my webcast http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/insidethelife.htm

                        ... or buy my DVD http://www.scivation.com/store/index...products_id=53

                        and they both talk about it, dvd obviously being more in depth

                        sorry, not going to sell itself
                        BioLayne LLC
                        PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

                        Comment


                        • Saw Layne just a couple of weeks ago at my show and to me he looks as BIG as ever! He even dawned the legs while instructing the team on leg positioning on certain poses and I took notice that his quads have come up tremendously. We all need to take a page from Layne's book by never giving up, never giving in to anything!!!

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                            well...

                            you could watch my webcast http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/insidethelife.htm

                            ... or buy my DVD http://www.scivation.com/store/index...products_id=53

                            and they both talk about it, dvd obviously being more in depth

                            sorry, not going to sell itself

                            Ok no worries Layne, didnt even know your DVD was out, last time i checked it was still only pre-order.

                            Hopefully you can help me on this one, my biceps and chest are lagging behind, what can i do to bring them up?

                            Comment


                            • how often do you work them out?
                              BioLayne LLC
                              PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

                              Comment


                              • meant to post this and never did

                                I'd like to thank everyone who purchased DVDs during the pre-order. The response has really been fantastic as well as the feedback, which makes me very happy. For those of you who have not seen the DVD and are curious about it, please stop by my forum and check out the thread on reviews for the DVD: http://www.scivation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1072 . The pre-order is now over, but the good news is you can now get it through the store on my site! Here is the link for ordering the DVD as well as information about it: http://www.scivation.com/store/index...products_id=53

                                Although the pre-order is over, it is still possible to get an autographed copy of the DVD, though it will no longer be at the pre-order price. Please send $42 (no extra for shipping) to dvdunleashed@gmail.com via paypal or send check or money order to
                                BioLayne LLC
                                PO Box 1622
                                Champaign, IL 61824
                                Make payable to "BioLayne LLC"
                                Again, I truly appreciate everyone's support! I hope this DVD goes a long way to break the mold of the typical bodybuilding DVD and to help give natural bodybuilding more exposure! I'll let you guys know when it's available on bodybuilding.com


                                Thanks,
                                -Layne
                                BioLayne LLC
                                PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                                Scivation Athlete
                                MD Columnist
                                Website

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X