Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Layne-

i wanted to ask u a quick training question.. i will be starting Ramadan soon, were i fast from the sunrise to sunup.. no food or water.. then breaking fast afterwards.. from past experience i know i cant go balls to wall training and to be honest i think my body needs a break as i have been training hard for since jan. and havent taken any time off after my show... so i was planning on lifting about 60% of my max on all lifts just to prevent any muscle atrophy and stay in decent shape and give my joints a rest from all the heavy lifting.. do you think i will not lose much muscle if any? or do u think i should still be training heavy?

thanks for the advice cant wait until next contest prep bro..

Comment

• well training light is actually more likely to make you lose muscle... i wouldn't go super heavy... maybe 60% first week but then 80% after that
      BioLayne LLC
      PhD, Nutritional Sciences
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

Comment

• hey layne--i'm really looking to get my hams locked in..quick question about glute/ham raises..In your videos it looks like you perform them by sliding a bench where the seat of a lat pulldown should be and then locking your ankles in..I don't have anything like that at my gym. is there another setup that can be used that is just as effective?

Comment

• you don't have a lat pulldown at your gym?
          BioLayne LLC
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• layne if i workout first thing in the morning after sleeping with a casein shake in me through the night would 5g BCAA and 30g carbs suffice to still be anabolic? im 180lbs 6'1
            New-Man Nutrition
            Live Free, Train Hard

Comment

• Originally posted by tuffnuts View Post
              hey layne--i'm really looking to get my hams locked in..quick question about glute/ham raises..In your videos it looks like you perform them by sliding a bench where the seat of a lat pulldown should be and then locking your ankles in..I don't have anything like that at my gym. is there another setup that can be used that is just as effective?
              Something I've done at my home gym is load a bar with 225 and put it just above the bench height on a squat rack. Pull the bench over (just as Layne did in his DVD), then hook your heels under the bar. Not quite as comfy as the lat pull downs, but it works. Put a towel on your heels if it's too much pain.
              www.naturaliowamuscle.com
              www.heartlandclassic.com

Comment

• Layne, what is your opinion on ALA. I believe you wrote an article on it but I do not remember. I have heard 200 mg 3 times a day and some even say 600 mg pwo? Also is there any real benefit to using R-ALA over regular ALA to justify the price difference?

Comment

• Originally posted by sammythebull
                  Hmm people getting advice from a weirdo geek with glasses who analyzes amino acids in his spare time? I have a good idea Layne why don't you go and train
                  He's a Pro natural bodybuilder getting a PhD in protein synthesis. So, if he's not qualified to give advice who is?

Comment

• oooh i got glasses... oooh i'm a nerd.

what are we in 2nd grade?

these haters are running out of good insults
                    BioLayne LLC
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

• Um, actually sammythebull may be in the 2nd grade...LOL!

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                        oooh i got glasses... oooh i'm a nerd.

what are we in 2nd grade?

these haters are running out of good insults
                        Layne, you should be glad he didn't call you 4 eyes.
                        NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• OMG NERDS!

BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

• I prefer the term "dweeb" because it's fun to say
                            MorphogenNutrition.com
                            Facebook.com/MorphogenNutrition

Comment

• LOL.... LMAO! I hope I get good enough one day to have haters... that'll be fun!
                              http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...n?goto=newpost

Comment

• btw.... I do set my cruise control to 35 mph when I'm driving through town and I do watch out for the manholes!
                                http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...n?goto=newpost

Comment

Working...
                                X