Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will get to your questions tommorow guys. Here are some updated pics from tonight. Up to 224 lbs. A tad bit of fat gain, but still definitely some additional LBM (was 217 in last pics) and now i'm pretty convinced that my legs have grown. Right arm/shoulder is still down over an inch and right pec is still atrophied but I know as soon as I can start lifting heavy they will come back. They've already improved a lot over what they were a few months ago

-Layne
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Comment

• probably will hit a 3 week cut coming up here in early september. I still have abs and measuring around 11% bodyfat, but once i get to 225-226 i think it's going to be time to par it down a bit. Still I'm pretty satisfied with the lower body improvements
      BioLayne LLC
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

Comment

• Originally posted by fast-twitch View Post
        Also one more random question , how do you feel about doing high reps for leg training , alot of people say training anything lower then 10 reps for reps won't produce as much results as the higher reps due to its fiber make up. how true is this?
        was wondering the same thing!
        OL'er in training

Comment

• Looking awesome man! Why is it that some guys have abs at 11% even freakin' 15% and some guys don't? I'm one of the guys who don't, so I always feel fat even when I was 7-8%...all my fat is on my stomach and my legs, back, and glutes stay lean all year round

Comment

• Looking great Layne. i really cant see the difference in the pec from those pics. How much cardio have you been doing lately? Legs are looking awesome.

Comment

• not doing any cardio, doc doesn't want me sprinting and have my arm going back and forth that fast. should be able to get cleared to do all my stuff i like doing like sprints, MMA training, golf, etc in a few weeks
              BioLayne LLC
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                not doing any cardio, doc doesn't want me sprinting and have my arm going back and forth that fast. should be able to get cleared to do all my stuff i like doing like sprints, MMA training, golf, etc in a few weeks
                What about the bike? Thats pretty impressive without cardio.
                "I'm special, you're special. We are all just a bunch of special fcukers!" - Stifler

Comment

• Originally posted by zachattack43 View Post
                  What about the bike? Thats pretty impressive without cardio.
                  well doing legs 3x/week makes it tough to find time to get on the bike
                  BioLayne LLC
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

• The legs are looking improved, good job Layne. Good to hear you can start hitting the upper body properly again. The atrophy isn't severe at all thankfully.
                    Contest Prep, Muscle building- http://www.trainwithsklayne.co.uk

Comment

• Great job coach!

Layne you've got some def thickness in those quads bro!

Looking good man...

Comment

well doing legs 3x/week makes it tough to find time to get on the bike
                        geez, so little recovery time. I do the bike for 10minutes as warm up for legs.
                        "I'm special, you're special. We are all just a bunch of special fcukers!" - Stifler

Comment

probably will hit a 3 week cut coming up here in early september. I still have abs and measuring around 11% bodyfat, but once i get to 225-226 i think it's going to be time to par it down a bit. Still I'm pretty satisfied with the lower body improvements
                          There's no disfigurement in your pec at all. that's great! Quads are looking thicker... and calves too.

Comment

• Legs looking very impressive mate. Definitly brought those up. Good luck with your recoup. That teardrop above your knee is gonna look disgusting when you are in contest shape.

Regards,

BigJoe

Comment

• Front DB pose is much improved versus last set of pictures.

Big! Lower body is solid!

Comment

• how's everything layne ,

Just finished the DVD and it was very informative, was better then the other bodybuilding dvd's where you just watch the guy train and tells you nothing y he's training that way, good DVD

was hoping if you could help clear some things up for me

First thing is Vit C , i hear people taking up to 6 grams a day! and others say whats in your multi-vitamin is plenty, whats the real deal? at the moment im taking 1 animal pak a day which has 500mgs of vit c , then i add an extra 500mg 2x later in the day for a total of 1.5 grams of vit c a day? this seem overboard? I'm also taking 200mg of Alpha Lipoic Acis 2x a day for a total of 400mg a day. which others have said to skip the extra vit c all together. just confused and don't wanna take more then im suppose to.

2nd question , is on calcium , how much should one supplement a day with , im around 1500mg's a day ,im getting mix results with this as well.

Last one ,

my supplement stack ,
                                1 animal pak a day
                                500mgs 2x a day vit c
                                200mg's 2x a day ALA
                                glucosamine/msm - 2g's each
                                calcium - 1500mgs a day
                                fish oil - 6 grams a day
                                whey protein
                                creatine mono 5 grams a day

what else would you recomend? was thinking BCAA's to the mix, whats your thought.

your insight means alot

Comment

Working...
                                X