Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great work Layne! Can't wait to see you back on the stage bro!

Thank God for muscle memory!

Comment

• Layne,

Looking solid buddy. I can see those improvements (particularly legs from side).

It appears that you are maintaining quite well in your upper body as well.

Keep it up!

Comment

• Layne,

How often do you think one should train to failure (not actually attempting the last rep you would literally fail to execute - stopping after the rep before that) when doing one of your wave loading power/hypertrophy splits? Does your answer change for someone who is cutting vs. someone who is bulking?

I think I recall you saying start out at around half the sets to failure, and then go from there as your body adapts?

Comment

• Legs are looking good bro, especially the calves

Comment

• sorry guys i will get to the questions, things are just crazy right now. Have hardly even had time to spend with my wife I've been so busy at lab and with clients
            BioLayne LLC
            PhD, Nutritional Sciences
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
              sorry guys i will get to the questions, things are just crazy right now. Have hardly even had time to spend with my wife I've been so busy at lab and with clients

no prob man , go do your business with Mrs. Norton

Comment

• WOW Layne!
                Very impressed with the improvments you've made lately. Really helped that you were in good shape to begin with and you didn't let yourself go to poo when you had to be inactive.
                I simple can not believe that the only thing I can see with your pec is that tiny scar. And when you get tan that will probably be barely visable.
                See I told you when this all wnet down that the muscle would come back fast...but some of that there LBM is just new brudda!!
                Excellent work!
                Ah hell you got me all fired up now!! lol
                Assistant to the regional manager.
                Iron8 approved

Comment

• Very Impressive, bro! Yeah, I hear ya on the spending time thing... my fiancee thinks I do too much as it is... good thing I'm not a natural pro with other natties consulting me online every day.... or is it a good thing?
                  Anyway, I did have one question whenever you have time. I just upped my carbs again to 250 and slowly working into that 4-8 week bulk (eventually my carbs should be 300-350). I was slowly leaning out at 150-200g/day and when I upped them this week... I did look fuller, no surprise there, but I also tightened up a little! I couldn't believe it! I thought I was going to smooth out more and my waist would start to grow again, but I think I'm still in a fat-loss phase by accident! (why didn't I do this 3 years ago???!!!??) Anyway, have you ever noticed this in yourself or any of your clients? It's strange but I'm not going to complain, I love my carbs!
                  http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...n?goto=newpost

Comment

• i have a question regarding bcaa and figured this was the place to post it. Would bcaas be absorbed better or drive protein synthesis more effeciently if taking inbetween meals and during workout. I've been taking them with wpi and breakfast, pre and post with wazy and wpi. I'm new to this internet commmunty but this seems like the best place to field question because of the high level of expertise of members here. any insight would be much appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by KMH23 View Post
                      i have a question regarding bcaa and figured this was the place to post it. Would bcaas be absorbed better or drive protein synthesis more effeciently if taking inbetween meals and during workout. I've been taking them with wpi and breakfast, pre and post with wazy and wpi. I'm new to this internet commmunty but this seems like the best place to field question because of the high level of expertise of members here. any insight would be much appreciated.

A couple of pages back Layne recommended:

5gm between meals
                      10gm Postworkout
                      10gm Bedtime...

Occasionally he will wake up at night and have them.
                      Shelby 01/2000 - 4/18/10. Rest in peace baby, there's no more suffering.

Comment

• layne better to take 5g bcaa with 2.5 of it leucine or better to take 3g straight leucine? pre workout
                        New-Man Nutrition
                        Live Free, Train Hard

Comment

• hey Layne, if I'm not mistaken you said you have been eating every 4 hours in the offseason and getting good results, right?

I usually eat every 3 hours but due to school and work I might have to go 3.5 hours between some meals, do you think that's fine or should I bring a shake to drink between meals?

Thanks

Comment

• Can i just ask everyone ( including Layne ) what they think about this routine. Im going to try it for about 8-10 weeks and hoping to notice both strength and muscular gains. Some people would say it is over training but others would say its not with proper pre post workout shakes and diet.

NOTE: CARDIO WILL BE PERFORMED TWICE PER WEEK FOR 30-60 MINUTES.
                            DUE TO LOWER BACK INJURY I HAVE TO GO VERY LIGHT ON DEADLIFTS AND DON'T LIKE HITTING MY LEGS AS OFTEN AS OTHER BODY PARTS DUE TO THE STRAIN ON MY LOWER BACK.

MONDAY

AM:

Incline Barbell Bench Press 4 sets 15,12,8,6

Flat Dumbbell Press 4 sets 15,12,8,6

Incline Chest Press 4 sets 15,12,8,6

Flat Chest Press 4 sets 15,12,8,6

Cable Cross Over 4 sets 15,12,8,6

PM:

Standing Barbell Curl / French Press 4 sets 15,12,8,6

Standing Dumbbell Curl / Rope Push Down 4 sets 15,12,8,6

Concentration Curl / One Arm Push Down 4 sets 15,12,8,6

Barbell Wrist Curls / Reverse Wrist Curls 4 sets 15,12,8,6

TUESDAY

AM:

Wide Grip Lat Pull-down 4 sets 15,12,8,6

Close Grip Lat Pull-down 4 sets 15,12,8,6

Barbell Row 4 sets 15,12,8,6

Seated Row 4 sets 15,12,8,6

Dead Lifts 3 sets 15

Hyper Extensions 3 sets, 15

PM:

Seated Dumbbell Press 4 sets 15,12,8,6

Dumbbell Side Raises 4 sets 15,12,8,6

Reverse Flye On Cables 4 sets 15,12,8,6

Barbell Shrugs 4 sets 15,12,8,6

Dumbbell Shrugs 4 sets 15,12,8,6

WEDNESDAY

AM:

Seated Leg Extensions 4 sets 20,15,12,8

Seated Leg Curl 4 sets 20,15,12,8

Leg Press 4 sets 20,15,12,8

Squats 4 sets 20,15,12,8

Standing Calve Raises 4 sets 20,15,12,8

Toe Raises 4 sets 20,15,12,8

Rotary Calve 4 sets 20,15,12,8

PM:

Crunches 4 sets 20,15,12,8

Hanging Knee Raises 4 sets 20,15,12,8

AB Machine 4 sets 20,15,12,8

THURSDAY

AM:

Incline Dumbbell Press 4 sets 15,12,8,6

Decline Smith Machine Bench Press 4 sets 15,12,8,6

Peck Deck 4 sets 15,12,8,6

Flat Cable Flyes 4 sets 15,12,8,6

Cable Cross Over 4 sets 15,12,8,6

PM:

Standing Hammer Curls / Overhead Rope Extensions 4 sets 15,12,8,6

Preacher Curl / Dumbbell French Press 4 sets 15,12,8,6

Overhead Cable Curl / Reverse Tricep Push down 4 sets 15,12,8,6

Reverse Barbell Curl 4 sets 15,12,8,6

FRIDAY

AM:

Chin Ups 3 sets failure

Lat Pull-down 4 sets 15,12,8,6

Barbell Row 4 sets 15,12,8,6

Seated Row 4 sets 15,12,8,6

Dead Lifts 3 sets 15

Hyper Extensions 3 sets, 15

PM:

Seated Military Press 4 sets 15,12,8,6

Cable Side Raises 4 sets 15,12,8,6

Bent Over Lateral Raises 4 sets 15,12,8,6

Smith Machine Shrugs 4 sets 15,12,8,6

Dumbbell Shrugs 4 sets 15,12,8,6

Comment

• You cannot do this routine naturally imho. Too much work.
                              No one is special, some were patient.

Comment

• thats what i thought when i first looked at it but its not as much volume as it looks. Hitting each bodypart twice per week. With about 12-16 sets per body part which i like doing as i prefer higher volume than 8-10 saets per bodypart.

Comment

Working...
                                X