Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm afraid Antonio didn't make it. don't really know what else to say
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Comment

• My prayers go out to his family and loved ones!
      "Strongman is an external view of how pissed off I really am at the world."

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
        I'm afraid Antonio didn't make it. don't really know what else to say
        thank you for sharing you personal life. at such a young age def a tradegy for his loved ones but will absolutely help me appreciated the little things today that i would normally take for granted.

Comment

i'm sry to hear that , heart goes out to the loved ones

Comment

• Oh I'm so sorry to hear this. What a tradegy.
            "In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity" -Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by GameofInches View Post
              My prayers go out to his family and loved ones!

This goes for me as well!!

Comment

OMG! I guess each day is a present......damn.....I cant believe it.
                "I'm special, you're special. We are all just a bunch of special fcukers!" - Stifler

Comment

Fuck.

Comment

• Thoughts and prayers go out to his family. He died doing something he enjoyed.
                    Contest Prep, Muscle building- http://www.trainwithsklayne.co.uk

Comment

wow
                      Being a father myself, I can only hope his children were old enough to know how much their dad loved them.

Peace be with you brother
                      Assistant to the regional manager.
                      Iron8 approved

Comment

• Hey Layne, I have a question about glucogenesis?

If eating carbs in the morning, pre, and pwo for a total of 200 g, will the body convert protein to glucose? I am eating 6 times a day but I was under the impression you only need to worry about aminoa cids converting to glucose if you are exercising? I am cutting and was using the Palumbo diet but I traing with too much volume and I am running before I ship out to the Navy September 30. I am taking in 1.5 g of protein per lb. of body weight.

Comment

• if you are on a high protein diet, your body will be ramping up gluconeogenesis regardless of carb intake, though eating carbs will help buffer against it, but asking me how much GNG will be going on would be like trying to shoot a penny off a rhino's ass at 1000 yards with a squirt gun
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

• On Sunday I was fortunate enough to be a guest on performance nutrition radio
                            Have a listen as I discuss several nutrition topics with Raphael Calzadilla and Dr. William Kraemer on Performance Nutrition Radio: http://www.performancenutritionshow.com/index.php

direct link to interview:
                            http://strength-podcast.businessneto...OW_08_0831.mp3
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

On Sunday I was fortunate enough to be a guest on performance nutrition radio
                              Have a listen as I discuss several nutrition topics with Raphael Calzadilla and Dr. William Kraemer on Performance Nutrition Radio: http://www.performancenutritionshow.com/index.php

direct link to interview:
                              http://strength-podcast.businessneto...OW_08_0831.mp3
                              any chance of a script for the hearing impaired?
                              "I'm special, you're special. We are all just a bunch of special fcukers!" - Stifler

Comment

200mg vitamin C will saturate neutrophills and at 500mg you start to get some vitamin C showing up in the urine. at 1-2g levels you can start to have it act as a pro-oxidant rather than an anti-oxidant. I would stick with 500mg/day max.

i would add bcaas, beta-alanine, and citrulline malate if you have the money (xtend has bcaas and CM... yes shameless plug)
                                that makes sense , kinda like having a drink a day for heart health , and getting wasted linked to poor health , more is not better in that sense.

would it be a waste for me to keep taking the 400mg's of ala i take a day? or would that be overkill? would it have a different affect since its not the same antioxidant? always heard good things about ala.

Also as far as taking xtend, what kind of doses and timing is recomended to get the best results?

Whats the best way to take xtend when on a budget and trying to make the xtend last?

Comment

Working...
                                X