Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CarpeDiem87 View Post
    Hey Layne,
    I was reading that the bioavailability of egg beaters is only something like 50% of that of having real eggs. I tend to down the containers on the go in the morning when I'm in a rush for school, so I just wanted to know if egg beaters are comparable to that of real eggs in regards to nutrition and bioavailibility. Thanks for your time.
    that's regards uncooked eggs... if you take egg beaters raw then yea it's less bioavailability but so are raw eggs.

cook em and both are fine
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Comment

• Originally posted by cbower420 View Post
      Layne,
      I had the pleasure of meeting Jim this past weekend. Nice kid! He was definitely shredded. I didn't see anyone with shredded glutes and hams like his. From the front, his stomach was distended....not to be harsh. Just pointing out what seperated him from #1 and #2. Maybe it was gas, maybe water, but his stomach was not distended like that in the pics two weeks ago. If his stomach had been in check, Jim probably wals away #1. The #1 guy was definitely put together. I love what the two of you have done with posting your dieting and training for this show online. It has been interesting to follow and I enjoy your thread.
      that's interesting. I would have to see pictures. I'm not sure what would cause it to distend but jim has not sent me pictures yet. I know it was very hot onstage and perhaps he was breathing very hard... he has a very big rib cage so that could give that impression. Won't know til I see pics... no offense I just don't trust word of mouth.
      BioLayne LLC
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

Comment

• Originally posted by oregonpanthers View Post
        Nice interview on the PNS this past week Layne. Good info you presented along side the big Doctor K as well! Always nice to here the bridge of lab science and gym application become more travled by both domains.

I think I might have to look at this DVD of yours as well with all this talk buzzing around!

PS.....Would there be any chance in hell we could discuss you coming up to La Crosse WI to be a guest speaker at our UW collegiate bodybuilding and figure contest in May 2009? We threw out some names at our club sports council meeting and no one objected to you coming on over. We can discuss compensation parameters of course.
        I would be interested in doing that. I would have to charge a small fee as well as have my expenses comped as that is about a 3-4 hour drive and will be a full day of my time, but would be something I'm happy to do.
        BioLayne LLC
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
          ha, this was actually the basis of my last study which the paper is being reviewed right now.

there is no comparison. whey is far far better
          another supplement company get rich plan , thanks for the input

Comment

• Pro-oxidant

layne ,

If one was taking 400mg's of ala a day , would added vit c just become a pro-oxidant and do more harm than good?

Comment

• Originally posted by fast-twitch View Post
              another supplement company get rich plan , thanks for the input
              who is touting wheat now?
              BioLayne LLC
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

• I've been doing some training at home and my children are showing great interest. I know it is alright to let my two older one's 12 and 13 to do some weight lifting . But if I tell my younger two( 5 and 8) that they can't join in, the shit will hit the fan. So yesterday I set up a light weight circuit and ran them through it a couple of times. My question is, is this safe for them, will it affect there growth or joints or be in any other way negative for them. I'm talking about exercising with weights not doing extreme hardcore lifting.

Comment

• yea as long as they use good form it won't stunt growth or any of that BS
                  BioLayne LLC
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

• Layne,

Given your research background with amino acids and whey protein do you feel that a study looking at the insulin responses in type 1 diabetics (those subjects that are past honeymoon phase) who do control their diets via insulin injection/diet would have merit if I were to look at the possible effects of whey isolate administration on the postprandial insulin responses in these particular subjects?

I understand that type 1's do not have beta cell functuionality when given any kind of carbohydrate source as most studies show, but I have found a scarce amount of research on whey administration on this subject pool. Most of it is on type 2's only.

Thoughts?
                    MS - Human Sport Performance
                    NSCA - CPT, CSCS

Comment

• i'm a bit confused... if type I diabetics do not secrete insulin, why would you look at postprandial insulin responses... there would be no endogenous response regardless of the food? or did i read the question wrong?
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

• Love ya Layne. Youre the only person I know that'd possibly agree with me training chest 2x a week in the future..since its my biggest weakpoint haha.

Comment

who is touting wheat now?

http://www.ultimatenutrition.com/cat...n_isolate.html

Comment

• Hey Layne,

This question is slightly off topic. After you graduated from biochem, i remember you saying you felt you still didn't know enough. Did you find that the particular program tends to require post graduate studies? Or is there plenty of interesting work for someone who might only complete the bachelor in BioChem?

I ask because i am currently studying engineering, but have lost passion for it as my passion for fitness/nutrition has increased.

Your thoughts would be much appreciated,
                            Thanks.

Comment

• roflmao! garbage
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

roflmao! garbage
                                I figured if i'm gonna ask anyone about protein science its defintly gonna be you! , how's the PHD work going?

Comment

Working...
                                X