Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
    yea as long as they use good form it won't stunt growth or any of that BS
    thanks Layne

Comment

• Pro-Antioxidants

Layne , you always talk about people taking too many antioxidants , even talk about it in your DVD with the example of people mega dosing on vitamin C , But you never mentioned what kind of antioxidants or amounts of anti-oxidants you take , was curious to hear.

Comment

• i just use 300-600mg of lipoic acid with my post workout meal depending upon duration and intensity of the workout and have a multi-vitamin
        BioLayne LLC
        PhD, Nutritional Sciences
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

• It has probably been 2 months since my legs have been sore from a workout, hammering away at them 3x/week has adapted them to the fact to where they are damn near impenetrable in terms of initiating soreness and damage. So this past weekend I said DAMN THIS. Legs, I am going to hurt you. I warmed up on smith machine squats then did my first set of 365 for 15. That was pretty damn brutal. Then I thought about how much harder I could push and I told myself the next set I was not going to quit until I collapsed and didn't give a damn when that was. I got to 12 and started running out of breathe. I got 2 more reps and flashes in my mind went through about Tony squatting and that I better finish this shit because he'd never get the chance to do so (he loved to squat) and I pounded out 3 more. At that point my lungs were on fire and every fiber of my being wanted to quite but I said, you are this close and damnit you are not quitting until you fall down! 1 more rep, legs were shaking. 1 more reps and I couldn't hardly see from the sweat in my eyes. I took a deep breathe and went down, felt like the damn thing would never come up but it finally did, I just racked it in time to fall down and lay on the ground and then I thought about something. "Layne you do not have the genetics or the structure" "Layne you suck" "Layne you'll never be anything" and thought about all that negative crap and said to myself "no, I will prove you all wrong, I won't let myself get beaten in here, I am going to make myself tolerate more pain than anyone else. I pulled myself up using the side of the smith machine and ran as fast as I could over to the leg extension and did 3 more consecutive drop sets on the leg extension until I just couldn't move my legs anymore.

Then I proceeded to finish my normal workout with anouther 12 sets of quads, and did hammies and calves.

Sure enough I got em sore.

Then yesterday I found my tape measurer and thought, "wonder what my legs measure" I hadn't done it in a few months. I measured... I was in disbelief. I did it again... and again, I did not believe it. i was measuring 28-28.5" consistently on the biggest part of my leg! I was so happy I couldn't believe it. Since I tore my pec 6 months ago I had added a full inch to my thighs! At my first show my legs were 22" That means I've added an average of 1" to my legs every year since my first show.

So yea I might not have the best structure or symmetry but I'll be damned if you are going to outwork me. My goal is to make it so I can push myself to tolerate so much pain when I'm in the gym that it would make everyone else want to quit. That's how I'm going to keep progressing when others stagnate. Nothing fancy, just pure work ethic.

Like a freight train... I'm coming.
          BioLayne LLC
          PhD, Nutritional Sciences
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• That's awesome Layne! An inch in 6 months is some crazy growth. Its gonna be scary when you are cleared to train all out.

Comment

• Layne can you also critique everything I sell to my clients for me as well

don't worry, I won't be paying for your service that I'm selling to someone else, nor will I read any of your other free info. you've put out over the years to find out you don't like fasted cardio or no carb starvation diets

hook a brother up!
              MorphogenNutrition.com
              Facebook.com/MorphogenNutrition

Comment

• Originally posted by bhman6 View Post
                Layne can you also critique everything I sell to my clients for me as well

don't worry, I won't be paying for your service that I'm selling to someone else, nor will I read any of your other free info. you've put out over the years to find out you don't like fasted cardio or no carb starvation diets

hook a brother up!
                lmao.. i was thinking the same thing.. the only thing i will say is i think her protien is way too high and carbs are way too low.

Comment

• Wow, sorry, I will have a mod delete it.
                  anabolicsociety.com

Comment

• Originally posted by EXZACKLY View Post
                    Wow, sorry, I will have a mod delete it.
                    Layne, I was wondering if you could look at this precontest diet and let me know any problems you see. This is a 3 day diet with cardio #1 done in the morning on an empty stomach, and #2 cardio done in the evenings. Weight training is done 5 days a week. This diet is for a 150lbs. womans bodybuilder. Her lean mass is 135lbs. The fat just does not seem to want to respond anymore. She has made great progress for the first 10 weeks, yet we only have 6 weeks left. I would love to see her lose about 3-5 more lbs. of bodyfat.

Supplements:
                    -Whole food vitamin
                    -Calcium
                    -Fiber
                    -Fish oil
                    -Evening primrose

Diet #1
                    1. 6 Egg whites, 1 yoke
                    2. 6oz. Tilapia, cup greens
                    3. 6oz. Chicken, cup greens
                    4. 8oz. Tilapia
                    5. 6oz. Chicken, cup walnuts
                    Cardio
                    1. 60 min stairmaster
                    2. 70 min Elliptical

Diet #2
                    1. 8 Egg whites
                    2. 6 oz. Tilapia, 1 serving oats
                    3. 6oz. Tilapia, 1 cup greens
                    4. 6oz. Chicken, 5oz. sweet potato
                    5. 1 scoops protein powder, cup greens
                    Cardio

1. 60 min. Fast walk on Treadmill, High incline
                    2. 60 min. 2 min walk, 2 min jog on Treadmill

Diet #3
                    1. 2 scoops protein powder
                    2. 6oz. Tilapia, cup greens
                    3. 1 scoops protein powder
                    4. 6oz Tilapia, cup greens
                    5. 6 egg whites
                    Cardio
                    1. 60 min Elliptical
                    2. 70 min. Stairmaster

*She has had ZERO muscle loss at this point. Any advice would be great. Thank you.*

Her training log with pics! http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=34932

no worries I quoted it so Layne is able to check it out for you!
                    MorphogenNutrition.com

Comment

• LMAO..
                      Originally posted by bhman6 View Post
                      no worries I quoted it so Layne is able to check it out for you!

Comment

It has probably been 2 months since my legs have been sore from a workout, hammering away at them 3x/week has adapted them to the fact to where they are damn near impenetrable in terms of initiating soreness and damage. So this past weekend I said DAMN THIS. Legs, I am going to hurt you. I warmed up on smith machine squats then did my first set of 365 for 15. That was pretty damn brutal. Then I thought about how much harder I could push and I told myself the next set I was not going to quit until I collapsed and didn't give a damn when that was. I got to 12 and started running out of breathe. I got 2 more reps and flashes in my mind went through about Tony squatting and that I better finish this shit because he'd never get the chance to do so (he loved to squat) and I pounded out 3 more. At that point my lungs were on fire and every fiber of my being wanted to quite but I said, you are this close and damnit you are not quitting until you fall down! 1 more rep, legs were shaking. 1 more reps and I couldn't hardly see from the sweat in my eyes. I took a deep breathe and went down, felt like the damn thing would never come up but it finally did, I just racked it in time to fall down and lay on the ground and then I thought about something. "Layne you do not have the genetics or the structure" "Layne you suck" "Layne you'll never be anything" and thought about all that negative crap and said to myself "no, I will prove you all wrong, I won't let myself get beaten in here, I am going to make myself tolerate more pain than anyone else. I pulled myself up using the side of the smith machine and ran as fast as I could over to the leg extension and did 3 more consecutive drop sets on the leg extension until I just couldn't move my legs anymore.

Then I proceeded to finish my normal workout with anouther 12 sets of quads, and did hammies and calves.

Then yesterday I found my tape measurer and thought, "wonder what my legs measure" I hadn't done it in a few months. I measured... I was in disbelief. I did it again... and again, I did not believe it. i was measuring 28-28.5" consistently on the biggest part of my leg! I was so happy I couldn't believe it. Since I tore my pec 6 months ago I had added a full inch to my thighs! At my first show my legs were 22" That means I've added an average of 1" to my legs every year since my first show.

So yea I might not have the best structure or symmetry but I'll be damned if you are going to outwork me. My goal is to make it so I can push myself to tolerate so much pain when I'm in the gym that it would make everyone else want to quit. That's how I'm going to keep progressing when others stagnate. Nothing fancy, just pure work ethic.

NICE!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by hulk7280 View Post
                          LMAO..

it's been a long week already and it's only Tuesday....I'm an ass, lol
                          MorphogenNutrition.com

Comment

It has probably been 2 months since my legs have been sore from a workout, hammering away at them 3x/week has adapted them to the fact to where they are damn near impenetrable in terms of initiating soreness and damage. So this past weekend I said DAMN THIS. Legs, I am going to hurt you. I warmed up on smith machine squats then did my first set of 365 for 15. That was pretty damn brutal. Then I thought about how much harder I could push and I told myself the next set I was not going to quit until I collapsed and didn't give a damn when that was. I got to 12 and started running out of breathe. I got 2 more reps and flashes in my mind went through about Tony squatting and that I better finish this shit because he'd never get the chance to do so (he loved to squat) and I pounded out 3 more. At that point my lungs were on fire and every fiber of my being wanted to quite but I said, you are this close and damnit you are not quitting until you fall down! 1 more rep, legs were shaking. 1 more reps and I couldn't hardly see from the sweat in my eyes. I took a deep breathe and went down, felt like the damn thing would never come up but it finally did, I just racked it in time to fall down and lay on the ground and then I thought about something. "Layne you do not have the genetics or the structure" "Layne you suck" "Layne you'll never be anything" and thought about all that negative crap and said to myself "no, I will prove you all wrong, I won't let myself get beaten in here, I am going to make myself tolerate more pain than anyone else. I pulled myself up using the side of the smith machine and ran as fast as I could over to the leg extension and did 3 more consecutive drop sets on the leg extension until I just couldn't move my legs anymore.

CHOO CHOO...
                            The Layne Gain Train is coming...
                            Assistant to the regional manager.
                            Iron8 approved

Comment

• Originally posted by bhman6 View Post
                              Layne can you also critique everything I sell to my clients for me as well
                              (I have not made a cent off Christine. She is a friend of mine everything was free.)

don't worry, I won't be paying for your service that I'm selling to someone else, nor will I read any of your other free info. you've put out over the years to find out you don't like fasted cardio or no carb starvation diets hook a brother up!
                              I was just looking for some pointers, I didn't mean to piss you off. I have read some of Layne's info, but of coarse not everything. Just looking for a little advice, if he wants to share he will, if he doesn't thats fine too.
                              anabolicsociety.com

Comment

• Hi Layne, Just wondering if you had any quad seperation tips approaching a show. High reps, double cardio sessions, stop training legs a week before, loads of posing them, ect?

Comment

Working...
                                X