Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
    got cleared to back squat by my doc and my first day was yesterday. I decided to start off light and not go over 315.

my first set was 10 reps and I felt good
    2nd set was 15 reps and I still felt good

I was tempted to go heavy but I said no I'll just go for reps. My previous personal best was 20 reps with 315.

So I ****in' did 21 reps with 315! I had not free squatted in 6 MONTHS! I broke a big PR my first day back and not only that but it was relatively EASY. I felt like I had more in me but I said there is no reason to push it and hurt myself... I'll leave some in the hole and keep progressing each time.

I'm back on track and the freight train is coming...
    I seem to remember this guy I'll call 'Mr. Norton' saying about 6 months ago now, the he was down but not out...I'd have to say he's standing pretty damn tall right now

Great work Coach!!
    Assistant to the regional manager.
    Iron8 approved

Comment

• So when will you be cleared to do heavy upper body exercises?

Hey quick question Layne, what are your thoughts on going from a regular bulk phase (4-6 weeks) to going to a keto diet when switching to the cutting phase (2-3 weeks)? Is it too drastic switching back and forth?

Comment

• i can do some relatively heavy stuff now. I did 95 lb dumbbell rows braced against an incline bench today for 10 reps. for chest stuff it will be a while still
        BioLayne LLC
        PhD, Nutritional Sciences
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

• new pics from today... 7months post pec tear! 6.5 months post surgery!

"Doubt me, hate me... you are the inspiration I need!"
          BioLayne LLC
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• Looking good layne....I remember how long it took for me to come back from my pec tear.
            Shelby 01/2000 - 4/18/10. Rest in peace baby, there's no more suffering.

Comment

• i never knew you had one... did you have it repaired?
              BioLayne LLC
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

new pics from today... 7months post pec tear! 6.5 months post surgery!

"Doubt me, hate me... you are the inspiration I need!"
                Good to see theres really no atrophy... You're gunna blow up and get your size back real quick. The same thing happened to me when I had labrum surgery. I guess once you have it, it's easy to get back for whatever weird reason. That's probably why so many pro's take extended breaks after they are done competing every year to give their body a rest?

Comment

i never knew you had one... did you have it repaired?
                  Take a look at my pics again (especially front lat spread or right side chest). I was initially told it was just a strain. Well, about two years later when I did a show I found out it was more than that. Never had it fixed....figured it was too late to have anything done. Mine went mid belly.
                  Shelby 01/2000 - 4/18/10. Rest in peace baby, there's no more suffering.

Comment

• ooh damn, mid belly is tough... mine was near the muscle tendon junction but the surgeon said it was mostly on the muscle belly side
                    BioLayne LLC
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

• Have not lookd at your pics in a while, but to me you look bigger! Great motivation and role model!

Comment

• Layne you've obviously taken great care of your physique these last few months, but did you forget to shave as a result?

jk, lol

honestly dude, at least going off those pictures you can't tell a damn thing happened....I for one am pumped for your comeback
                        MorphogenNutrition.com
                        Facebook.com/MorphogenNutrition

Comment

• Layne-

The black and white avatar you are currently using, what bf% are you in that picture ?

Comment

• i dunno... low
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

• Layne, congrats on the pr and moreso the ability to overcome. That shows true character. Doesnt look like you missed a beat.
                              Become comfortable with being uncomfortable.
                              F.I.T. Corps

Comment

• Damn, man... you're looking pretty good indeed.

I'm cutting right now, but that leg story you previously posted just made sure that my ass will be in gear, killing these legs, once I start bulking again!
                                trueprotein.com discount code- JNG800

Comment

Working...
                                X