Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Layne, great talking to you this weekend and thanks for the help.

For those of you who have never met or talked to Layne in person, I highly recommend that you seek him out if you're ever at a fit expo that he's attending. Hell of a nice guy and he's very down to earth. Easy to talk to as well...and he's not "consumed" with bodybuilding, which is nice to see. PROPS!
    TEAM P/RR/S ELITE
    www.fitcorps.net

Comment

• Originally posted by hossjob View Post
      Layne, great talking to you this weekend and thanks for the help.

For those of you who have never met or talked to Layne in person, I highly recommend that you seek him out if you're ever at a fit expo that he's attending. Hell of a nice guy and he's very down to earth. Easy to talk to as well...and he's not "consumed" with bodybuilding, which is nice to see. PROPS!
      Layne is the truth!

Great seeing you brother! Yes, you was looking large
      Natural Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
        you are welcome man, thank you! I'm sorry we didn't get longer to talk. I wish I would have seen you at the golds I would have made more time to talk after my workout but sometimes I get tunnel vision when I'm training. How was your trip?
        Hey that's cool. I'm sure you're a busy man.

A friend asked if I had seen you. I did one better, I got a photo lol

The Olympia was quite an experience. Would love to do it again.
        www.leighcarmichael.com

Comment

• I'm located in G.R. Michigan

Comment

• Originally posted by nutratroy View Post
            Layne is the truth!

Great seeing you brother! Yes, you was looking large
            hey troy, again I can't thank you and crissy enough for being so good to me. You guys have done so much for me and asked for so little in return, I truly appreciate it.

Kyle, it was great seeing you again, I will be rooting for you in your upcomming shows!
            BioLayne LLC
            PhD, Nutritional Sciences
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

• Layne i keep hearing that if the label says 24g protein you may only absorb about 20% of that would it be better to take 24g whey concentrate or 14g BCAA as in 4 scoops Xtend? Post workout
              New-Man Nutrition
              Live Free, Train Hard

Comment

• who the hell says that?

stop listening to idiots
                BioLayne LLC
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

• Layne, just tried Xtend for the first time yesterday before HIIT... and today I mixed it with some Vault Zero... Awesome stuff... I had an AMAZING WORKOUT.... this stuff is more than worth the $$$
                  http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...n?goto=newpost

Comment

• Layne, and i realize this is subjective, but have you noticed any improvements, either through muscle gain, recovery, etc. from your relatively long term use of imbibing namely leucine and other BCAA's 2 hours or so after meals for that added spike in protein synthesis?

Also, i really enjoyed that article you did with Donald Layman in the journal of nutrition. It was enlightening even for someone like me without a science background. Do you have any other articles in the works I can look forward too?

Comment

• yes I do feel it has helped.

i'm glad you liked the article. I just finished a review article covering optimal protein intake in athletes that should be out early next year as well as currently working on getting my first study published (it is currently under review)
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

• Hi Layne,
                        How much muscle do you think a 38 yr. old nattie woman could reasonably expect to gain over 6 months? thanks!

Comment

• Jen,
                          that really depends on a lot more factors than just age.

how much do you weigh?
                          how long have you been training seriously?
                          what is your diet like?
                          how lean are you?

i could go on and on
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

• hey Layne, are there any supplements from mainstream companies (muscle tech, BSN, etc) that are illegal for INBF/WNBF competitions?

Comment

• i'm not sure. i don't think so, but try checking their banned substance list
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

• I've been doing a lot of reading lately and have found nearly everyone agrees the more you diet the better fast acting carbs are PWO (unless you are doing some kind of keto or something).

I've recently read where a lot of people are doing whole foods (white potato + steak) PWO while BULKING (not cutting) and trying to gain LBM. They say you don't need such a high insuline spike and it's best to keep the insuline/gluclose levels relatively stable and that white potato + steak are perfect for this pwo.

While this makes sense, it would seem to me that the body would have a hard time trying to digest the whole foods, especially PWO when blood is trying to deal with your workout and now it has to worry about digesting the whole food

thoughts?

what are you doing for pwo? do you follow your same guidelines when bulking that you laid out in your bb.com article for dieting?

currently I just do what troponin says:
                                bcaas + leucine during workout
                                bcaas + leucine + waxy maize (60-80g) IMMEDIATELY (like 3 min) pwo
                                then 20 mins after that, 45g whey iso + 35-70g carbs from brwn rice

thx!

Comment

Working...
                                X