Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Maestro View Post
    Layne why do you love bcaa supplements so much when my protein powder + my multi have a higher number of bcaas in a serving as do many of the bcaa supplements out there.

I use optimum whey protein (2 scoops) and
    animal pak multi vitamin post workout amongst other things.
    Because free form BCAAs almost definitely spike plasma BCAA levels to a much higher degree than BCAAs in whey or multivits. Not to mention the free form Leucine mTOR activation.

Sorry, im not Layne, but I asked him this awhile ago, and this is what he told me.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Brotherhood View Post
      Because free form BCAAs almost definitely spike plasma BCAA levels to a much higher degree than BCAAs in whey or multivits. Not to mention the free form Leucine mTOR activation.

Sorry, im not Layne, but I asked him this awhile ago, and this is what he told me.
      Free form? So they work better because they are not being ingested with amino acids or they work better because they are somehow created differently and arent bonded to other amino's? Im not quite following. Thanks for your input.
      5% off at Trueprotein.com: RNM120

Comment

Free form? So they work better because they are not being ingested with amino acids or they work better because they are somehow created differently and arent bonded to other amino's? Im not quite following. Thanks for your input.
        This article explains what you are asking. It's an article that Layne wrote about leucine, which shouls answer your question. Good stuff to know.
        http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne39.htm
        Assistant to the regional manager.
        Iron8 approved

Comment

• Originally posted by El_Spiko View Post
          Well, I got my Dialene and the slogan is right, you can definitely feel it. It's like when you bite into that whole habenjero pepper hiding in the middle of your burrito
          awsome haha! really glad you liked it man!
          BioLayne LLC
          PhD, Nutritional Sciences
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• Originally posted by nabba65pp View Post
            I am looking into the metobolic diet to see if it will work for me. On the dairy issue I must be the only one here(or seem to be) where dairy does not bloat me, give me the shits, or hold water. Does that only happen to people who are lactose intolerant?
            it mostly happens to lactose intolerant people, but many people also have allergies to the peptides in milk like the lactalbumins and I knew one girl who was even allergic to casein.
            BioLayne LLC
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

Layne why do you love bcaa supplements so much when my protein powder + my multi have a higher number of bcaas in a serving as do many of the bcaa supplements out there.

I use optimum whey protein (2 scoops) and
              animal pak multi vitamin post workout amongst other things.
              this should answer your question http://www.strengthandscience.com/january/article5.htm
              BioLayne LLC
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

• Layne, would you recommend using Dialene and Amp if you were trying to bulk?
                How was Florida? Didn't get to wet I hope.
                Iron8 approved

Comment

• Welcome back Layne!

Comment

• Originally posted by Toddbz View Post
                    Layne, would you recommend using Dialene and Amp if you were trying to bulk?
                    How was Florida? Didn't get to wet I hope.
                    so long as you aren't overly sensitive to caffiene, i'd do 2 caps of each preworkout, but i would start out with 1 of each just to be safe
                    BioLayne LLC
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                      so long as you aren't overly sensitive to caffiene, i'd do 2 caps of each preworkout, but i would start out with 1 of each just to be safe
                      Exellent. Thanks.
                      Iron8 approved

Comment

• Layne, mind shootin' over to Rons thread for a sec? I posted a what if scenario. Rather just keep the info in one spot rather than spreading the same thing all over the place. Thanks!

Comment

• hey layne you have a good trip?

i orderd some Dialene. i am taking NO before workouts two questions

first what is your opion on Nitric oxide?
                          second do you think it would work good with Dialene for workouts?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravia View Post
                            hey layne you have a good trip?

i orderd some Dialene. i am taking NO before workouts two questions

first what is your opion on Nitric oxide?
                            second do you think it would work good with Dialene for workouts?
                            http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne35.htm

still not convinced whether or not it is anabolic, but that's how to properly use an NO product if you do.

I hope you like the dialene!
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

• i think this is how i understand it its a little hard but this is what i took from it.

you take the NO before your workout to help get better blood flow by relaxing the muscles surrounding the vains. this helps by giving more nutrients to the muscles your working so they can pump more. then after your workout you take a Whey shake with dextrose and arginine to help with protein synthisis since you have the muscles relaxed and you can flow more nutrients to the muscle groups you worked.

this is what i take from the article. hopefull im not that stupid and just didnt understand it at all

Comment

• Layne, do you do traditional squats? I always see your videos of you doing front squats.
                                Iron8 approved

Comment

Working...
                                X