Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
    i'm sorry guys this is all the questions i can answer for today. my prelims are in 2 weeks and i have to have my thesis finished in 7 days to give to the committee. You are going to have to cut me some slack
    I wish you the greatest result with your thesis Layne!I know what it means.....

Comment

• good luck with the thesis layne, and lol @ Toddbz
      Eric Helms Controlled Labs Athlete NASM CPT & PES
      http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Comment

• Hi Layne,
        In your dieting article, you suggest a workout shake consisting of dextrose and whey. I have always had a bloated feeling with dextrose. Would it be as effective to go with waxymaize and whey?
        Or would straight BCAA's be okay.
        Thanks for your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toddbz View Post
          Obviously I'm not Layne, but I believe the first thing he would ask is what do you do for them now?
          One thing you have to remember is simply how resilient the legs are. So keeping that in mind there is an appropriate time to just beat the piss out of them, and a time to make them stronger. What's nice is you even get a cross over effect from one to the other.
          Most people just don't work them hard enough when they're having difficulties in growth.
          So my suggestion would be to challenge yourself and see where that takes you. You'd be surprised what'll happen when to push harder than you ever thought you could.
          Agreed. Good advice.

Comment

• -let me prephase this by saying I did a search through this massive thread and nothing popped up so if this is been brought up just give me a link.

-Hey layne I noticed your workout routine on a different site and it was quite interesting. But Im wondering if you would suggest it for a beginner or someone with more time under the bar?

-Also what would you recommend for beginner?

This may seem to vague so heres some info
            -24 years old, havent worked out in over a year, 1 rep maxes bench 185 squat 185 deadlift 200
            - 225 with 23% bf (meso build although I think it maybe more meso/endo)
            - I just started doing a time carbed diet and 30-45 mins cardio 4 times a week and will be incorporating hiit soon.

Comment

• Microbiology / Antioxidants

Layne ,

Today in my microlab my professor was showing us how micros live longer in antioxidant solutions and was talking about antioxidant properties. He mentioned to me if i am bodybuilding that antioxidants will be very benifical to me in my recoverey process but mentioned to me not to over do it with them because too many antioxidants can be harmful. How true is this?

He also mentioned lycopene, Vit E , Vit C and red wine extract to be some effective antioxidants , Do you agree with this? Which do you feel to have the best effects on the human body? What dosages would be safe and effective?

Comment

• FATS ROLE IN BODYBUILDING

layne i got to ask you another question, i've been seeing people using a bodybuilding diet high in fat from dave palumbos brain, would high amounts of fat in a diet/meal cause any effects besides gaining weight? one side i hear it helps raise hormone levels , and another side says it can blunt testostrone production? how do you feel on this subject? always thought to keep fat around 15-30% total cals , some of these people are hitting 50% total cals!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Big J R View Post
                  Layne ,

Today in my microlab my professor was showing us how micros live longer in antioxidant solutions and was talking about antioxidant properties. He mentioned to me if i am bodybuilding that antioxidants will be very benifical to me in my recoverey process but mentioned to me not to over do it with them because too many antioxidants can be harmful. How true is this?

He also mentioned lycopene, Vit E , Vit C and red wine extract to be some effective antioxidants , Do you agree with this? Which do you feel to have the best effects on the human body? What dosages would be safe and effective?
                  because if you get anti-oxidants too high they become pro-oxidants. that's why the people who recommend taking copious amounts of vitamin C, E, etc are idiots who are just shooting themselves in the foot
                  BioLayne LLC
                  PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

because if you get anti-oxidants too high they become pro-oxidants. that's why the people who recommend taking copious amounts of vitamin C, E, etc are idiots who are just shooting themselves in the foot
                    makes sense, Which do you feel to have the best effects on the human body? What dosages would be safe and effective?

Comment

• a mix is always best. i think a low dose mix of vitamin C, E, and alpha lipoic acid are best
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

• Layne,
                        What do you recommend to stop an older brother that is taking his little sisters trick-or-treating from eating all their candy while they sleep? haha
                        NGA Pro Bodybuilder

Comment

• HAHAHAHAHA
                          MorphogenNutrition.com
                          Facebook.com/MorphogenNutrition

Comment

• wire the candy with an electric charge
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

• mail it to Ben
                              MorphogenNutrition.com
                              Facebook.com/MorphogenNutrition

Comment

a mix is always best. i think a low dose mix of vitamin C, E, and alpha lipoic acid are best
                                those are the ones i've been taking ,

Vit C - 1500mg a day
                                vit e - 300-400 iu's a day
                                ala - 400mgs a day

Does this seem like i'm going overboard? becoming counter productive with these amounts?

Comment

Working...
                                X