Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Toddbz View Post
    Well technically you are using the phat training right now and look what's happening! (He's progressing silly in the gym!)

Layne,
    This 'situation' reminds me of guys who come into my shop looking for sponsorship...and we give it to them. Then come race day they're running someone elses sticker on their shit! Yep gives you a warm fuzzy feeling.
    See you're far more generous than I. I just quit giving it out to anyone because of some assholes.
    So kudos to you for being so kind hearted.
    Ha! I was just thining. You must be the man now since people want to hack your stuff lol
    you think this is the first time I've done a high rep/low rep 2x/week split? psshhhh I was doing a chest/back, legs, shoulders arms, rest REPEAT but switch from high to low rep every week split back in early 05....in fact I'm pretty sure Layne stole the Phat system from me
    Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
    yea it sucks, but I believe if you put out good karma, good karma will come back to you. hopefully that is true
    oh and Layne....its definitely true....the fact that you've had the success and response to your success to be able to create a high quality dvd that people are this interested in is proof of that. Honestly I don't know of any one person who has done as much as far as education in natural bodybuilding as you have. And I only see you getting more successful from here on out.
    Eric Helms Controlled Labs Athlete NASM CPT & PES
    http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Quelly View Post
      oh and Layne....its definitely true....the fact that you've had the success and response to your success to be able to create a high quality dvd that people are this interested in is proof of that. Honestly I don't know of any one person who has done as much as far as education in natural bodybuilding as you have. And I only see you getting more successful from here on out.
      I agree!
      I mean there's a reason we follow Layne's principles...and it's not because he's got a purdy mouth

I really do believe that success breeds success. Meaning that if one were to follow the character/ethic of a mentor, then those traits are sure to aid in the 'students' success. From there it's like a snowball effect.
      Assistant to the regional manager.
      Iron8 approved

Comment

• actually when i'm in the gym now my 'get my ass pumped up phrase' has been "Lead by example" the last few months. Whenever I think about possibly backing off I just say that and it kicks my ass into gear.
        BioLayne LLC
        PhD, Nutritional Sciences
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
          actually when i'm in the gym now my 'get my ass pumped up phrase' has been "Lead by example" the last few months. Whenever I think about possibly backing off I just say that and it kicks my ass into gear.
          ...and it's working!!
          Honestly my big leg day consists of me telling myself that guys like you and Berto aren't gonna stop, so I'm sure as hell not going to....well that and Eric barking in my ear
          Assistant to the regional manager.
          Iron8 approved

Comment

• a layne will u ever have plans in competing in the npc and getting a pro card their

alot of naturals are doing it
            http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/ygbodybuilder10/

Comment

• i do not have a good structure for the NPC i'm afraid. they really care about size and symmetry, not so much conditioning.
              BioLayne LLC
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

• As much as I think you're an excellent bodybuilder, Layne, I think you could really do damage in powerlifting (provided they have natural events which I have no idea about). I rarely see even juiced guys as strong as you.

Comment

• thanks. I'd love to do a meet sometime but lifting in the gym is different than lifting in a meet. for example i've always done deads & squats in front of a mirror and I would not have that at a meet so it might effect me. Other things too. I think someday i'll give it a go for squat and deadlift... definintely for deadlift as I'm pretty solid on that. Based on my #s before I tore my pec, I was knocking on the door of some records for some natural PLing feds.
                  BioLayne LLC
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

thanks. I'd love to do a meet sometime but lifting in the gym is different than lifting in a meet. for example i've always done deads & squats in front of a mirror and I would not have that at a meet so it might effect me. Other things too. I think someday i'll give it a go for squat and deadlift... definintely for deadlift as I'm pretty solid on that. Based on my #s before I tore my pec, I was knocking on the door of some records for some natural PLing feds.
                    wow thats awsome man! how will the tear affect your chest training in the future? I guess you wont be benching anymore?

Comment

• Layne,
                      have you ever utilized tabata cardio as part of a pre-contest prep?
                      Im sure your familiar with it, but if your not, its essentially HIIT cardio with a 20seconds work/10second rest ratio repeated 8 times and then followed by a cooldown.

Comment

• i think the work/rest ratio is too high to maintain the kind of output you need
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Demorak View Post
                          wow thats awsome man! how will the tear affect your chest training in the future? I guess you wont be benching anymore?
                          correct
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

correct
                            Incline bench would be alright though, wouldn't it?

Comment

• it'll really just depend on how it feels. it will be a long time before i go heavy on chest though, that's for sure
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

• Shit, so you're considering doing just machines and dumbbells?

Comment

Working...
                                X