Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LaynE!! Awesome thread man. I always miss it for a while then have to catch up, and somewhere along the way the many questions I might have get answered. But I do have one...How many years did it take you to squat past 405? Also did you ever injure any part of your body doing so e.g.( lower back, Hips, knee's...etc.etc.)

Comment

• Never injured myself on squats more than a minor tweak here and there. As for getting past 405... I think I did that in 2003 with pretty bad form LOL. So I guess it took me 5 years from when I started taking my training seriously.

Pretty long road with squats for me
      BioLayne LLC
      PhD, Nutritional Sciences
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

Comment

• layne , what do you feel is the best antioxidant supplement/s a bodybuilder could take? any particular ones or a mix? just want to get all my basics down to keep my free radicals in check, and your the science man on the boards here so i wanted to ask you.

Comment

• lipoic acid, NAC, EGCG are pretty solid
          BioLayne LLC
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
            lipoic acid, NAC, EGCG are pretty solid
            thanks layne , ill check them out , real quick tho , How much of 1 or each should be taken?

Comment

• that's a good question, if you are taking all 3... probably 100-200mg max
              BioLayne LLC
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

• Wow looking strong Layne. I bet Isabell has some strong glutes !!

Comment

• Originally posted by the_genetic_freak View Post
                  Ok, thanks. This 5-10x higher spike in plasma levels of BCAA translates into what overall? Increased protein synthesis & lower catabolism?
                  bump

Comment

that's a good question, if you are taking all 3... probably 100-200mg max

thanks big guy

Comment

• Layne one last thing , do take any extra vitamin e or c supplements as extra antioxidants? or do you just get them from your multivitamin? i hear mix results with adding more c and e into a bodybuilder diet being good/bad for you. curious to what your response is?

Comment

• found studies like this ,this is why i asked http://www.musculardevelopment.com/c.../view/1162/51/

Comment

• the effect on anti-oxidants on the redox state and whether that hampers exercise induced responses is a really good question. I think it's probably something that you do not want to prevent... and therefore should only take them post workout... but that is just conjecture on my part
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

• Hey Layne,

Read an old article of yours that called for interworkout carbs from a source like waxy during prep. You still an advocate of such practice? if so, do you feel those are burned up sufficiently enough by someone who wants to do LISS type cardio pwo and have the best environment for fat loss.

Comment

• i think if you have sufficient pre workout & post workout nutrition, intraworkout is probably overkill, for someone with a fast metabolism who easily disposes of glucose and is prone to hypoglycemia during workouts, a 4:1 ratio of dextrose: protein for may be 40g/10g respectively (depending upon weight) may be something to consider
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

i think if you have sufficient pre workout & post workout nutrition, intraworkout is probably overkill, for someone with a fast metabolism who easily disposes of glucose and is prone to hypoglycemia during workouts, a 4:1 ratio of dextrose: protein for may be 40g/10g respectively (depending upon weight) may be something to consider
                                I agree with you, thanks for the response.

Comment

Working...
                                X