Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
    the effect on anti-oxidants on the redox state and whether that hampers exercise induced responses is a really good question. I think it's probably something that you do not want to prevent... and therefore should only take them post workout... but that is just conjecture on my part

this is true , i always was taking 2-3'g of vitamin c and 800 iu's of vitamin e as a standard i always read with bodybuilders , then when u recomended 2 antioxidants that wasnt vitamin e or c i figure i look around and do a little research as well , cause i was always told vit c and e were the best antioxidants to take , after that study im not to sure if i would ever pound that much vitamin c and let my body due what is was made to do. think its one of those mind sets in our society , "if a little is good , more MUST be better!"

Comment

• I think I need to start playing more attention to rda's , guess there really there for a reason

vitamin c
      http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...57c0a96e958260

http://news.ufl.edu/2001/09/26/vitiminc/

vitamin e

http://health.usnews.com/usnews/heal.../19patient.htm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2004/no...search.health1

Comment

• vitamins

http://www.bestlifeonline.com/cms/pu...min_Trap.shtml

Comment

• Hi Layne....I have only as recently as this past year started incorporating front squats into my leg workouts. When performing this movement I seem to get more of a workout in my core than I do in my legs. I have back squated as much as 550lbs. but have been timid to even go over 225 on the front squat because I feel I must be doing something wrong to have so much core stimulation. The front squat is described as a lift that is impossible to cheat on but I feel I must be doing something wrong. Any tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I know this a lift you continue to make great progress on. Btw, as far as form goes I cross my arms. Thanks for any help.
          When in Rome, act like a dumbass.

Comment

• Hey Layne
            For some reason my right arm isn't as big nor as defined as my left arm. Its not even as vascular (no bicep vein)...
            They are the same strength though never had a problem with getting the reps out on my right arm.
            Is there any way to bring the size up on it to even it out?
            Or do you think it will just remedy itsself over time?

Comment

• What's up Layne! What are your thoughts on Gamma Aminobutyric Acid to increase growth hormone?

Comment

• Layne,

What's your opinion on recomps where you keep calories at maintenance level?

Comment

• Calcium????

Layne do you think supplementing with calcium is important? do you supplement with calcium? any type or brand you recomend?

Comment

• one last thing , the antioxidant Resveratrol, how does this antioxidant stand up to ala?or green tea? it worth using?

Comment

• Also why did Scivation ever discontinue NOxidant , they planing to bring another product like it back out again?

Comment

• Hey Layne, great Team Norton video! Fahs is a beast! Btw, just found the OCB Natural Indiana is now a PRO Qualifier! what do you think about that, do u think it's a big enough show to do that? I know the last two overall winners were pro level (tommy and brad warner), but what about the other guys? Just want to hear your thoughts! I want to do this show either next year or in 2010, so now I'm really pumped for it!
                        http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...n?goto=newpost

Comment

• oh it's def. pro level. At least 3 guys at that show last year were pro level
                          BioLayne LLC
                          PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

• Hey Layne,

Giving you a shout out from Melbourne, Australia!
                            Your an inspiration to all natural bodybuilders!
                            I do have a question for you though, regarding a certain supplement called
                            Animal Cuts, it's a fat burner from Universal which has all the usual thermogenic compounds. Just a query in relation to the Diuretic component, it contains Urva Ursi and Dandelion Root extract. Being a natural I do not want to mess around with water, I want to stay as full as possible, I am on an outline of your diet which suits my composition. I am not competing at the moment, just getting lean for summer.

Your thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks

Comment

• i know i'm behind on questions guys... will get these answered asap
                              BioLayne LLC
                              PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

• hey layne, I hope your well I have a quick question I cannot find an answer anywhere

Post competition - is it fact or fiction that you are in a heightened state for muscle gain? I believe you are more likely to gain WEIGHT due to (a) increase in cals, (b) reduce activity and (c) increased recovery, but that is related to weight. Going crazy on the cals and bulking up isn't going to lead to building anymore quality muscle. Your body can only do so much, you cannot FORCE additonal gains in muscle

thanks mate
                                www.physique-essentials.com

Comment

Working...
                                X