Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ThatDudeJosh View Post
    Hi Layne....I have only as recently as this past year started incorporating front squats into my leg workouts. When performing this movement I seem to get more of a workout in my core than I do in my legs. I have back squated as much as 550lbs. but have been timid to even go over 225 on the front squat because I feel I must be doing something wrong to have so much core stimulation. The front squat is described as a lift that is impossible to cheat on but I feel I must be doing something wrong. Any tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I know this a lift you continue to make great progress on. Btw, as far as form goes I cross my arms. Thanks for any help.
    just make sure you stay back and keep the elbows up. if you had a vid of your form that would help
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Bondons View Post
      Hey Layne
      For some reason my right arm isn't as big nor as defined as my left arm. Its not even as vascular (no bicep vein)...
      They are the same strength though never had a problem with getting the reps out on my right arm.
      Is there any way to bring the size up on it to even it out?
      Or do you think it will just remedy itsself over time?
      maybe some drop sets & negatives for that arm

do you have a picture for comparison?
      BioLayne LLC
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

Comment

• Originally posted by the_genetic_freak View Post
        What's up Layne! What are your thoughts on Gamma Aminobutyric Acid to increase growth hormone?
        i think most GH supps are pretty worthless.

actually all
        BioLayne LLC
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Carlito99 View Post
          Layne,

What's your opinion on recomps where you keep calories at maintenance level?
          if you don't mind having results come extremely slow
          BioLayne LLC
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• Originally posted by JREDS View Post
            Layne do you think supplementing with calcium is important? do you supplement with calcium? any type or brand you recomend?
            most bodybuilders get plenty but if you don't i'd supplement

resveretrol is pretty good, not sure how it stacks up with ala

NOxidant just didn't sell well
            BioLayne LLC
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnyT84 View Post
              Hey Layne,

Giving you a shout out from Melbourne, Australia!
              Your an inspiration to all natural bodybuilders!
              I do have a question for you though, regarding a certain supplement called
              Animal Cuts, it's a fat burner from Universal which has all the usual thermogenic compounds. Just a query in relation to the Diuretic component, it contains Urva Ursi and Dandelion Root extract. Being a natural I do not want to mess around with water, I want to stay as full as possible, I am on an outline of your diet which suits my composition. I am not competing at the moment, just getting lean for summer.

Your thoughts would be much appreciated. Thanks
              probably won't hurt you too much, they are pretty mild diuretics, just keep your water UP
              BioLayne LLC
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

• Thanks Layne

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                  most bodybuilders get plenty but if you don't i'd supplement

resveretrol is pretty good, not sure how it stacks up with ala

NOxidant just didn't sell well

damm really like noxidant back in the day , but thank you

Comment

• layne been asking a few people this quesion , wanted to ask you as well , I've notice over the years of training that i really never get a burn within my muscles during a set.(latic acid build up) My form is awsome and on point , its weird , my muscle just fails but i never really gets a burning feeling at all, more of a dead numb feeling , i've explored all rep ranges and it doesnt matter much, which one i do i get no burn, could this be due to a dominit muscle fiber distrabution? more type 2's then 1's ,or is this just crazy talk? was just curious and wanted to ask. (and i know the burn doesn't build muscle , was just curious why i never get one)

Comment

• Originally posted by JOHNNY R View Post
                      layne been asking a few people this quesion , wanted to ask you as well , I've notice over the years of training that i really never get a burn within my muscles during a set.(latic acid build up) My form is awsome and on point , its weird , my muscle just fails but i never really gets a burning feeling at all, more of a dead numb feeling , i've explored all rep ranges and it doesnt matter much, which one i do i get no burn, could this be due to a dominit muscle fiber distrabution? more type 2's then 1's ,or is this just crazy talk? was just curious and wanted to ask. (and i know the burn doesn't build muscle , was just curious why i never get one)
                      Even with, for example, 50 reps to failure on the leg press?

Comment

• Originally posted by Klaus Urine View Post
                        Even with, for example, 50 reps to failure on the leg press?

never tried 50 reps, more of the 4-20 rep range , slight burn but more of a dead feeling of failure , not a omg this shit burns

Comment

• Originally posted by JOHNNY R View Post
                          never tried 50 reps, more of the 4-20 rep range , slight burn but more of a dead feeling of failure , not a omg this shit burns
                          you're missing out
                          The greatest unhappiness lies in trading what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by thebasil View Post
                            you're missing out
                            sometimes i feel like i am lol

Comment

• Originally posted by joshdickinson View Post
                              hey layne, I hope your well I have a quick question I cannot find an answer anywhere

Post competition - is it fact or fiction that you are in a heightened state for muscle gain? I believe you are more likely to gain WEIGHT due to (a) increase in cals, (b) reduce activity and (c) increased recovery, but that is related to weight. Going crazy on the cals and bulking up isn't going to lead to building anymore quality muscle. Your body can only do so much, you cannot FORCE additonal gains in muscle

thanks mate
                              bumping this, intersesting topic and intrested in your thoughts.

Comment

• you are in a heightened state to gain fat, that is for damn sure. Your metabolism is slower, your leptin is low,T3 is low, hunger is high, the only thing you have going for you is insulin sensitivity, but that won't save you if you throw a ton of calories on top of that.

If your metabolism is running at say '50' and you add '1500' in food everything between the food and the rate of the metabolism has to go somewhere... guess where the body loves to put it? that sponge called adipose tissue. It will take those 1450 and put it right there.

can you gain muscle post show yes. but you can gain way more fat if you eat uncontrollably and every single competitor deep down KNOWS this is true... they just don't want to admit it because then they'd have to give up their days of post contest binging for the sake of the 'anabolic rebound'
                                BioLayne LLC
                                Scivation Athlete
                                MD Columnist
                                Website

Comment

Working...
                                X