Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Hi Everyone. Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Happy birthday big guy!!
    Assistant to the regional manager.
    Iron8 approved

Comment

• Happy birthday, mate.

Comment

• Hey Layne,

I have heard some people talking a lot about using upward of 20 plus grams of fish oil capsules a day.

Do you think this might be over doing it? I wonder if it might suppress muscle gains....some say yes and others say no. I would just like to see what your thoughts are.

Thank You.

Comment

• happy birthday big man
          The greatest unhappiness lies in trading what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
            you are in a heightened state to gain fat, that is for damn sure. Your metabolism is slower, your leptin is low,T3 is low, hunger is high, the only thing you have going for you is insulin sensitivity, but that won't save you if you throw a ton of calories on top of that.

If your metabolism is running at say '50' and you add '1500' in food everything between the food and the rate of the metabolism has to go somewhere... guess where the body loves to put it? that sponge called adipose tissue. It will take those 1450 and put it right there.

can you gain muscle post show yes. but you can gain way more fat if you eat uncontrollably and every single competitor deep down KNOWS this is true... they just don't want to admit it because then they'd have to give up their days of post contest binging for the sake of the 'anabolic rebound'
            If anyone doubts what Layne is saying about the value of giving up the post contest binge for the sake of the anabolic rebound then let me make it even more clear. I competed 5.5 weeks ago. I worked with Layne for that show and decided to continue to work with him post contest in order to make sure I gain weight back slowly. At this point I'm taking in 130gr of carbs MORE than what I took in pre-contest and my weight has only increased about a pound from my stage weight! This means as we continue to increase slowly I'll be eating more than ever when I reach maintenance weight. It also means I'll be able to diet on more food than ever when I compete again. Layne's post contest nutrition strategy is one of his best kept secrets. If you compete do yourself a favor and hire Layne for the post contest period for 12 weeks or more -- you won't regret it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Apex23 View Post
              Hey Layne,

I have heard some people talking a lot about using upward of 20 plus grams of fish oil capsules a day.

Do you think this might be over doing it? I wonder if it might suppress muscle gains....some say yes and others say no. I would just like to see what your thoughts are.

Thank You.
              it is ABSOLUTELY over doing it
              BioLayne LLC
              PhD, Nutritional Sciences
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Quadzilla View Post
                If anyone doubts what Layne is saying about the value of giving up the post contest binge for the sake of the anabolic rebound then let me make it even more clear. I competed 5.5 weeks ago. I worked with Layne for that show and decided to continue to work with him post contest in order to make sure I gain weight back slowly. At this point I'm taking in 130gr of carbs MORE than what I took in pre-contest and my weight has only increased about a pound from my stage weight! This means as we continue to increase slowly I'll be eating more than ever when I reach maintenance weight. It also means I'll be able to diet on more food than ever when I compete again. Layne's post contest nutrition strategy is one of his best kept secrets. If you compete do yourself a favor and hire Layne for the post contest period for 12 weeks or more -- you won't regret it.
                thanks Raph, considering the other quality guys you've worked with I will take that as a very high level compliment
                BioLayne LLC
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Quadzilla View Post
                  Agreed! I have done it the other way, the traditional way. Never again!

Comment

• does usa muscle video tape any shows outside of npc
                    http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/ygbodybuilder10/

Comment

• check it. new one

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/team...ies_figure.htm

Comment

• Originally posted by AllGenetix View Post
                        you guys will like this... some hotties in this one
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• tommy would kill me if i put up "fap" with Kera in the episode.

Comment

• yes... yes he would LOL
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

• Whats up Layne! I'm looking to compete in a NGA show next. I took hemadrol(simliar to haladrol 50) acout 2 years ago. I got very sick after a couple days and didnt finish it. To make a long story short it is going to be banned starting dec 31, 2008 and wanted to know if I could still compete? I figured since I took it way before the ban I should be ok.

Comment

• probably, but i would contact the organization first to be sure
                                BioLayne LLC
                                Scivation Athlete
                                MD Columnist
                                Website

Comment

Working...
                                X