Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great job on landing the mag spot!
    I remember pitching that idea like a year ago
    Assistant to the regional manager.
    Iron8 approved

Comment

• looks like someone got the message buddy. I am not arrogant or foolish enough to think that this did not happen without the support of each and every one of you... so from the bottom of my heart, thank you very much
      BioLayne LLC
      PhD, Nutritional Sciences
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
        looks like someone got the message buddy. I am not arrogant or foolish enough to think that this did not happen without the support of each and every one of you... so from the bottom of my heart, thank you very much
        Well you worked hard for it that's for sure.
        Very proud of you!
        Assistant to the regional manager.
        Iron8 approved

Comment

• Hi Layne,

After searching through your thread I see that you like both hiit cardio. What type of hiit cardio do you do? Treadmill? bike? something else? You get in great shape, congrats on the mag column by the way.

Comment

• I'll try to keep this short. I did a search because I'm trying to set up a new eating plan. I saw a post where you mentioned that research showed 30/40/30 was an optimal ratio. First, I'm assuming the order is protein/carbs/fats. What I can't figure out is how to determine how many calories I should be taking in. I googled some of those fat loss calculators and they all had different suggestions. Also, I wasn't sure if I should base it on lean body mass or total bodyweight, which in my case is a big difference (349 bodyweight, 257 LBM by hydrostatic last Monday).
            I know you're busy but I really am lost here. I compete in strongman contests and want to get my weight down so I can do better in the endurance events.
            Much thanks in advance.

Comment

how much do you weigh?
              193lbs.
              Sacrifice is everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by CaveMan View Post
                I'll try to keep this short. I did a search because I'm trying to set up a new eating plan. I saw a post where you mentioned that research showed 30/40/30 was an optimal ratio. First, I'm assuming the order is protein/carbs/fats. What I can't figure out is how to determine how many calories I should be taking in. I googled some of those fat loss calculators and they all had different suggestions. Also, I wasn't sure if I should base it on lean body mass or total bodyweight, which in my case is a big difference (349 bodyweight, 257 LBM by hydrostatic last Monday).
                I know you're busy but I really am lost here. I compete in strongman contests and want to get my weight down so I can do better in the endurance events.
                Much thanks in advance.
                i never said research showed it was optimal. research showed it was better than the food guide pyramid, that doesn't nessecarily make it optimal
                BioLayne LLC
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

• Originally posted by tiny tim View Post
                  193lbs.
                  how old are you? sorry should have asked earlier
                  BioLayne LLC
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

• Seeking your input Layne

Layne if you wouldn't mind, I would like your input or thoughts on my physique. I just started competing. Here are some contest pics from my first show and a few current offseason pics. I am 5'8 and 180 in contest pics and 206 in offseason pics. By the way, your vids are awesome. When I am at the gym and feeling crappy or I just wanna take a set easy, I stop and think about some of your vids and then I add weight to what I was gonna do. Thanks, you're an inspiration.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• Layne...Im a week into my diet i was curious if you think its okay to use skim milk all the way through my diet? When should i cut it out? Also same with egg yolks, the guys at my gym told me to cut them both out now. Im like 20 weeks out.

Comment

i never said research showed it was optimal. research showed it was better than the food guide pyramid, that doesn't nessecarily make it optimal
                        My bad. Thanks.

Comment

• layne, when you take your BCAA's between meals with say, 20 carbs, what form of carbs do you like to use to get that small insulin spike? or do you just stick with complex carbs?
                          TEAM GORMAN

Comment

how old are you? sorry should have asked earlier
                            33, currently taking in about 4,000 cals a day, 300 grams of protein.
                            Just trying to figure out if I take in protein every four to five hours how I am going to get the recommended 1.5 g. per lb of bodyweight. If I take protein out of my 9am and 3pm meals I will be down to 200 or so grams a day.
                            Sacrifice is everything.

Comment

• Anyone know where Layne's FAQ is. I've tried the hyperlinks for media fire several times but the file no is no longer there.
                              Is there somebody that can provide a link or something.
                              Just crashed after 172 pages of this thread so a more compressed version with all the facts would be great.
                              Thanks.

Comment

• Layne,

I apologize in advance for this newbie question...I'm a collegiate athelete (softball) and wanted your input on something...

When I do high intensity cardio (sprints) after my weight training would my body fall into a catabolic state if I did my cardio directly after lifting without consuming any type of post-workout shake (I'm not trying to drop weight so I get plenty of overall calories during the day)? And what about jogging or elliptical (heartrate constant around 150)? My cardio usually lasts about 30 minutes.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X