Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one other thing, wanted to ask you a question about your bulking / contest diet game plans, when you do your bulk/cut diets, do you have written plans out of your meals, or you set totals and try to close as close as possible to them keeping your carbs/protein and fats(healthy sources) around certin times of the day, in a sense of being more adaptive to your daily living.

Comment

• Originally posted by cro0sh View Post
      the black & white is sick.. reminds me of animal pak

.. hey thats the guy from bb in the back! lol androoo
      that's Jeremy, he drove all the way from missouri to help me out.
      BioLayne LLC
      PhD, Nutritional Sciences
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

Comment

• What would cottage cheese be listed in under your "Protein" slideshow? It has casein listed but then it has "depending on type of powder used" implying that you are talking about just the powder.

Comment

• Hello Layne

Do you have any reference about high doses of BCAA 30 minutes after the workout can be much effective than pulse feeding during workout?

Thanks

Comment

• Hey Layne, what sources of CHO do you recommend for use with the in between meal BCAA doses? Would something like a granola bar work or would having small amounts of fat (~3) with the BCAA dose inhibit the insulin spike somehow?

I think you mentioned having a small (20g) dose of carbs immediately PWO as well...what sources do you use for this? Thanks man.
            Last edited by thebasil; February 16, 2009, 03:31 PM.
            The greatest unhappiness lies in trading what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• Layne, awesome lifts. Congratulations on your powerlifting meet it is both impresive and inspiring.

Comment

• Thanks Matt, I appreciate it!
                BioLayne LLC
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

• congratulations on your deadlift and squat, layne.

from the looks of it, over 700 should be well within your reach in the deadlift.

question though: No bench press? Just wondering...

Comment

• no I bypassed it because of my pec
                    BioLayne LLC
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

• Layne I was going over your pre-contest diet that you wrote for bodybuilding.com and was wanting to see if what I have setup is a good start. I had split up the macronutrients up based on the article. I was just wondering if I am starting in the right direction?

192lbs at approximately 13-14% BF. So caloric intake is 2664 calories.
                      Pro-288
                      Carb-219
                      Fat-71

Meal 1 Pro-41g
                      Carbs-33g (15% carbohydrate intake)
                      Fat-11g

Meal 2 Pro-41
                      Carbs-4g
                      Fat-11g

Meal 3 Pro-41g
                      Carb-4g
                      Fat-11g

Meal 4 (PreWorkout) Pro-41g
                      Carb-75g (35% carb intake)
                      Fat-11g

Meal 5 (During workout) Pro-40g
                      Carb-44g(20% Carb intake)

Meal 6 (PostWorkout) Pro-41g
                      Carb-55g(25% Carb intake)
                      Fat-11g

Meal 7 Pro-41g
                      Carb-4
                      Fat-15g

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Comment

• Fukkin AWSOME DUDE!!!!!

and as you say not bad for a guy who underwent pec surgery 11 mos ago! - A lot of guys would use that as an excuse - you used it as a challege - way to go MOFO!

perk

Comment

• I'll chime in with my congrats! Awesome job.
                          http://www.facebook.com/PastorPump , IAFS Master Trainer www.iafscertification.com

Comment

• Hey layne is there anything wrong with doing cardio 1.5-2 hrs after a pwo shake (50g pro 100g waxy)? Or should I wait until after my ppwo meal to do cardio? How detrimental would it be if at all to do cardio a couple hours after a pwo meal/shake? Thanks man!
                            Up the dose, Lift the most!!!

Comment

• Hey Layne, I was wondering what your thoughts were on the recent studies that said Waxy Maize is not as fast a carb as once claimed, it is in fact slow compared to maltodextrin and white bread.

I'm currently using a waxy maize product with my PWO shake but with this news i might buy some maltodextrin instead.

Comment

• artificial sweeteners

layne , whats you take on artificial sweeteners like Sucralose, aspartame ect.? they really that bad for you? im taking down around 6 scoops of whey a day, im sure im getting my fair share.

Comment

Working...
                                X