Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no they are not bad for you. do not pay attention to any websites or nutcases who tell you otherwise
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
      no they are not bad for you. do not pay attention to any websites or nutcases who tell you otherwise

awsome , thanks layne , once again congrats on the deadlift record

Comment

• Hey Layne,

You commented in the thread that highlighted the study regarding combining cardio and resistance training... ( http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=55620 )

I'm wondering how this impacts how you feel about post-WO cardio? Perhaps separating cardio and lifting is optimal, but how detrimental do you think it would be to do post-WO cardio anyway?

In particular, a 15-min high/moderate intensity session?

Comment

• Originally posted by phayzed View Post
          Hey Layne,

You commented in the thread that highlighted the study regarding combining cardio and resistance training... ( http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...ad.php?t=55620 )

I'm wondering how this impacts how you feel about post-WO cardio? Perhaps separating cardio and lifting is optimal, but how detrimental do you think it would be to do post-WO cardio anyway?

In particular, a 15-min high/moderate intensity session?
          it won't make a difference to seperate them. you are still going to have the suppression of those genes discussed
          BioLayne LLC
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• Originally posted by thebasil View Post
            Hey Layne, what sources of CHO do you recommend for use with the in between meal BCAA doses? Would something like rice cakes or a granola bar work or would having small amounts of fat (~3) with the BCAA dose inhibit the insulin spike somehow?

I think you mentioned having a small (20g) dose of carbs immediately PWO as well...what sources do you use for this? Thanks man.
            bump for layne
            The greatest unhappiness lies in trading what you want most for what you want at the moment.

Comment

• Hey Layne, quick question for you.

Every time I train my legs, that night I get the worst cramps in my quads. Its seriously one of the worst pains I've ever experienced. When I stand up from sitting down for a bit, they completely lock up as if they are flexed and I can't move. I have to sit back down and when I put my hand over my thigh, I can feel the muscle tensing and moving around its really wierd.

I figured I wasn't stretching enough or getting enough water but I made sure I did both today and it still happened.

I went on a double date tonight and got out of the car and it happened, so embarrasing I had to sit in the middle of the street till the feeling went away and I could limp over to the restaraunt.

Please tell me you have answers for me!

Thanks bro.

Comment

• Hey Layne,

COuple squat questions:

I lack flexibility, so I find myself squatting deep, however leaning forward and heals comes off the ground. I have no back pain from squats and and m growing pretty well, I guess I'm trying to figure out will this hinder future growth? ( I usually squat sets of 315 for 15 reps, but I do not go any heavier due to this issue)

Furthermore, do you recommend putting plates under my heels for stability?

Comment

• how tall are you coneytt? i'm 6'1 and do the same thing. Have had a couple of ankle injuries that have left me with limited range of motion. I call my squats "suitcase" squats because of how much I bend forward at the hip with I am in the hole. I've never had any back problems to this point however.

Comment

• I am 6'0, 302. My bf is in the high 30s. Waist 41 3/4, shoulders 64, chest 58, arms 22, legs 37, neck 19.

I have a tube, which would put my bf extremely high, and if I measured over it, my waist would be about at 45 or 46.

I had a back injury which kept me out for a month in December, and the reason why I do not deadlift. My lifting strap broke in the middle of a 405 deadlift, I attempted to catch the weight before it fell ( which if I didn't I would have injured my other arm, due to the strap still being in tact) I caught it but I also strained my right side lower lumbar.

Now I'm back to heavy squatting, but NO deads or BB rows at all.

Comment

• just did some barbell front squats today and i think i fell in love. i only could do 165 for my working set but that was after five sets of leg presses. the fronts squats forced me to to stay upright, keep my knees out and drive through my heels. going to be doing a lot more of these in the future.

Comment

• I finish my leg workout with front squats. However, I go with a natural stance and squat to keep all of the focus on my quads and not my ass or hams. When I do them, they start like sissy squats but then after bending my hips they change.

Comment

• hey guys i'm so sorry, I promise I am going to get to these. Please be patient with me, lots of deadlines
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

• Layne whenever you get a chance, I got a quick question for you. Im doing a 5 week mini-cut with my carbs at 320-325g a day and im just beginning week 4, do you think there is any reason to implement a refeed in these last 2 weeks? Energy, appetite, and general well-being has not deviated at all from base-line.

Comment

• Hey Layne,
                              Or anyone that has this...

Can you post the link to your contest prep article? I read about half of it a couple of days ago, and now I can't find it!

Also, when are you going to be at the Scivation booth for the Arnold?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattyb View Post
                                Layne I was going over your pre-contest diet that you wrote for bodybuilding.com and was wanting to see if what I have setup is a good start. I had split up the macronutrients up based on the article. I was just wondering if I am starting in the right direction?

192lbs at approximately 13-14% BF. So caloric intake is 2664 calories.
                                Pro-288
                                Carb-219
                                Fat-71

Meal 1 Pro-41g
                                Carbs-33g (15% carbohydrate intake)
                                Fat-11g

Meal 2 Pro-41
                                Carbs-4g
                                Fat-11g

Meal 3 Pro-41g
                                Carb-4g
                                Fat-11g

Meal 4 (PreWorkout) Pro-41g
                                Carb-75g (35% carb intake)
                                Fat-11g

Meal 5 (During workout) Pro-40g
                                Carb-44g(20% Carb intake)

Meal 6 (PostWorkout) Pro-41g
                                Carb-55g(25% Carb intake)
                                Fat-11g

Meal 7 Pro-41g
                                Carb-4
                                Fat-15g

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!
                                looks pretty good to me, just be willing to adjust it based on your progress
                                BioLayne LLC
                                Scivation Athlete
                                MD Columnist
                                Website

Comment

Working...
                                X