Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WingNut View Post
    Hey layne is there anything wrong with doing cardio 1.5-2 hrs after a pwo shake (50g pro 100g waxy)? Or should I wait until after my ppwo meal to do cardio? How detrimental would it be if at all to do cardio a couple hours after a pwo meal/shake? Thanks man!
    should be fine
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Lunarisx718 View Post
      Hey Layne, I was wondering what your thoughts were on the recent studies that said Waxy Maize is not as fast a carb as once claimed, it is in fact slow compared to maltodextrin and white bread.

I'm currently using a waxy maize product with my PWO shake but with this news i might buy some maltodextrin instead.
      i think all that stuff is overblown anyway. just get some carbs in post workout
      BioLayne LLC
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

Comment

• Originally posted by thebasil View Post
        bump for layne
        usually i just have some baked lays because I like eating my carbs not drinking them lol
        BioLayne LLC
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Bondons View Post
          Hey Layne, quick question for you.

Every time I train my legs, that night I get the worst cramps in my quads. Its seriously one of the worst pains I've ever experienced. When I stand up from sitting down for a bit, they completely lock up as if they are flexed and I can't move. I have to sit back down and when I put my hand over my thigh, I can feel the muscle tensing and moving around its really wierd.

I figured I wasn't stretching enough or getting enough water but I made sure I did both today and it still happened.

I went on a double date tonight and got out of the car and it happened, so embarrasing I had to sit in the middle of the street till the feeling went away and I could limp over to the restaraunt.

Please tell me you have answers for me!

Thanks bro.
          i'm afraid i really don't, some guys swear by foam rollers but I have never used them so i can't comment
          BioLayne LLC
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• Originally posted by coneytt View Post
            Hey Layne,

COuple squat questions:

I lack flexibility, so I find myself squatting deep, however leaning forward and heals comes off the ground. I have no back pain from squats and and m growing pretty well, I guess I'm trying to figure out will this hinder future growth? ( I usually squat sets of 315 for 15 reps, but I do not go any heavier due to this issue)

Furthermore, do you recommend putting plates under my heels for stability?
            plates under heels are only treating the symptom, not the problem. the problem is lack of flexibility, so keep working on calf and hip flexibility.
            also, investing in a good 10mm 4" powerlifting belt cannot be overstated. This made a huge difference in my squat form
            BioLayne LLC
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresh8686 View Post
              Layne whenever you get a chance, I got a quick question for you. Im doing a 5 week mini-cut with my carbs at 320-325g a day and im just beginning week 4, do you think there is any reason to implement a refeed in these last 2 weeks? Energy, appetite, and general well-being has not deviated at all from base-line.
              you can if you want, but it doesn't seem you need it
              BioLayne LLC
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

• Originally posted by PistolPete View Post
                Hey Layne,
                Or anyone that has this...

Can you post the link to your contest prep article? I read about half of it a couple of days ago, and now I can't find it!

Also, when are you going to be at the Scivation booth for the Arnold?
                http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne36.htm

I will be at the booth friday, saturday, sunday for most of the day. I may walk around here or there or take a few breaks but if you come by and i'm not there... then try back later, eventually you will catch me
                BioLayne LLC
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

• Layne,

Do you cycle on and off of creatine? What are your thoughts about nitric oxide?

Comment

• no i do not cycle off of it.

NO i'm not sold on one way or the other
                    BioLayne LLC
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

• gaspari, species, bsn, six star, muscle tech, met-**, etc. which one or another is the best to get a whey protein from that also is not pricey? Which give you the best bang for your buck?

Comment

• Originally posted by jjjz20 View Post
                        gaspari, species, bsn, six star, muscle tech, met-**, etc. which one or another is the best to get a whey protein from that also is not pricey? Which give you the best bang for your buck?
                        Scivation!!

Comment

• Though I am sponsored by them, Scivation whey is honestly the best tasting whey i've ever had, and it's very affordable (10 lb bag is super cheap) and it's the only protein my wife has ever eaten. Everything else she tossed out LOL
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

• Layne, what difference is there between the original Dialene 4 and the new Dialene 4x?

Comment

• Calcium

Layne , I know high protein diets draw calcium out of the body, but how much is really taken out? I'm currently taking 1000mg's of calcium supplement a day which is the rda for men, do you think there is any need to take more? will i make up the difference from all the food i consume through out the day?

Comment

• Originally posted by Hello Mr.FatBody View Post
                                Layne , I know high protein diets draw calcium out of the body, but how much is really taken out? I'm currently taking 1000mg's of calcium supplement a day which is the rda for men, do you think there is any need to take more? will i make up the difference from all the food i consume through out the day?

I'm not Layne (duh), but we're doing research on this right now where I go to school and so far we're finding that while those on higher protein diets do excrete more urinary calcium than those with low protein intakes, they also retain more calcium and have higher bone density pretty much across the board (mind you, this is from preliminary data)

if you're exposed to direct stimulus for bone density (i.e. weight training) and meeting the RDA (you're getting more if you're supplementing AND consuming calcium from food) then you should be OK provided you have adequate vitamin D and other mineral intake as well. some people also recommend spacing your calcium dosage so you're not consuming all 1,000mg at once
                                MorphogenNutrition.com
                                Facebook.com/MorphogenNutrition

Comment

Working...
                                X