Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exactly. the NET calcium balance is the important thing; and while calcium excretion increases, net calcium balance does not decrease, in fact high protein diets tend to increase bone density.
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Comment

• makes sense,the body is a wonderful thing!, ill keep to the rda and take 500mgs in the am and 500 mgs at night and just get the rest through food. thanks guys

Comment

• Layne, 1 more for ya:

I'm looking to begin cutting in April. I'm 6'0, 302, (endo). My waist is 42, around my chest a 56, and shoulders 64 (all in inches). If I had to calculate my BF, in all honesty I believe it would me the mid 40s.

I'm looking to do a diet that is high protein moderate carbs and low fats (besides the good ones). Example:

0900- Protein w/ omega 3 oil & grits (can't do oatmeal)
        1100- gym
        1pm- protein
        3pm- 8oz (Tilapia) brown rice
        6pm- protein
        8pm- 8oz (Tilapia) broccollli
        12am- 1 scoop of Casin and 1 ofSyntha-6 Protein
        2am- bed

I got some carbs before and after lifting. I also chew surgar free gum to satisfy my sweet tooth.

Cardio will be 1 hour during training and one hour after work at 12am, both of which will be moderate, at about 70% (ish).

What's you take?

Comment

• Originally posted by ironman70 View Post
          Layne, what difference is there between the original Dialene 4 and the new Dialene 4x?
          Basically in Dialene 4X they took out the niacin and added Yohimbe HCL

Sporto
          IFPA Natural Professional Bodybuilder
          Core Nutritionals Sales Rep

Comment

• layne do you thinik fat is needed more for a athlete other then a bber
            "Leg Day Is Business"
            Layne Norton

Comment

• Layne, how much beta alanine do you take per day (on top of the 2 grams already in vasocharge)? Does it need to be taken everyday or is just training days enough (if training 5/7 days)

Comment

• Layne I got your DVD the other day in the mail. I highly recommend it!! I am going to use the lat pulldown/Row you did today on my back workout. I have lower back issues and this will be a great exercise for me to throw in from time to time.

Comment

• Layne,

What do you think of creatine in pill form compared to powder?

Comment

• Originally posted by gainmusclefast View Post
                    layne do you thinik fat is needed more for a athlete other then a bber
                    really depends on the type of athlete and their body. do you have a specific example?
                    BioLayne LLC
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Carlito99 View Post
                      Layne, how much beta alanine do you take per day (on top of the 2 grams already in vasocharge)? Does it need to be taken everyday or is just training days enough (if training 5/7 days)
                      i take 4g/day and 2g on non-training days
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Buffdaddy View Post
                        Layne,

What do you think of creatine in pill form compared to powder?
                        powder is way better
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattyb View Post
                          Layne I got your DVD the other day in the mail. I highly recommend it!! I am going to use the lat pulldown/Row you did today on my back workout. I have lower back issues and this will be a great exercise for me to throw in from time to time.

awesome thanks man! speaking which, I will be at the Scivation booth selling copies of my DVD at pre-sale price of $25 including a free signed picture at the Arnold this weekend!

I've got 2 bodybuilding shot pictures and I also have an awesome black & white picture of my 645 lb APA raw record deadlift so people will be able to take their pick
                          Attached Files
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

• this question is not just for layne but i would like every one else input as well

when trying to get the best out of a chest workout or keep as much stress on the on the chest as possible which is better to do?

by this i mean, for example when doing any press movements, should one

bring the weight down and push it all the way up

or bring the weight down , but dont bring it all the way up
                            or bring the weight half way down but push it all way up

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/33yKWrPQrsA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/33yKWrPQrsA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"><embed><?object>
                            Last edited by ygbodybuilder10; March 6, 2009, 12:18 AM.
                            http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/ygbodybuilder10/

Comment

• this question is not just for layne but i would like every one else input as well

when trying to get the best out of a chest workout or keep as much stress on the on the chest as possible which is better to do?

by this i mean, for example when doing any press movements, should one

bring the weight down and push it all the way up: ex: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qP6XDIYmGg

or bring the weight down , but dont bring it all the way up ex: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=33yKWrPQrsA

or bring the weight half way down but push it all way up ex: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKKBiPwIa-w
                              http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/ygbodybuilder10/

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                                really depends on the type of athlete and their body. do you have a specific example?
                                A fighter, like mma athlete
                                "Leg Day Is Business"
                                Layne Norton

Comment

Working...
                                X