Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recovery advice

Hey Layne,

This question is in regards to recovery time and what I can do to speed the process up naturally. For the next five to six weeks my training partner and I will be hitting the entire body 2-3 times a week in intense two hour sessions. After the first time doing this I realized I will need to recover much quicker in order to be ready for our next workout. My bodyweight is 200lbs with calorie intake at about 4,000 give or take on workout days and roughly 3,000 on off days. Aside from BCAA enriched protien powder and weight gainer I don't take a lot of supps. Could that help and if so do you recommend one over another? Anything you can recommend to help me keep from overtraining through the next 5-6 weeks before we switch up our routine would be much appreciated!

Comment

• I read you don't cycle off creatine. Do you hold that same protocol with regards to beta-alanine?

Comment

• Whats up Layne, just wanted to say thanks for taking the time out at the expo to take a pic with me.

Comment

• layne is huge!
          "Leg Day Is Business"
          Layne Norton

Comment

• Layne, great seeing you at the AC for like 3 minutes...lol! Thanks for the gift too. I really appreciate it.

Hopefully next time we can hang for a little bit longer.
            TEAM P/RR/S ELITE
            www.fitcorps.net

Comment

• Originally posted by Bondons View Post
              Whats up Layne, just wanted to say thanks for taking the time out at the expo to take a pic with me.

yea no problem man! I appreciate the support, i hope you had fun at the expo!
              BioLayne LLC
              PhD, Nutritional Sciences
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

• Hey Layne,

I met you at the Arnold Classic Expo on Friday. I asked you what I could do for training after I get my shoulder surgery. You suggested to train legs hard as I normally would. Seeing as I can only work my legs during this time, do you think it would be a good/ambitious idea to do the smolov training your doing? I started reading into it, and I'm totally up for the challenge! I'd like to ask if you've seen results from this, but I'm guessing its too early to tell? Also, is this a good website to base the structure of the smolov training cycle? http://www.joeskopec.com/smolov.html

Thanks again for all the support at the Expo, it was so awesome to finally meet you in person!!

-Pete

Comment

• would you even be able to grip the bar after shoulder surgery?
                  BioLayne LLC
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

• Layne did you guys end up finding a gym on Saturday?

we drove to literally 10 gyms in the Columbus area and every single one was closed
                    MorphogenNutrition.com
                    Facebook.com/MorphogenNutrition

Comment

• Originally posted by bhman6 View Post
                      Layne did you guys end up finding a gym on Saturday?

we drove to literally 10 gyms in the Columbus area and every single one was closed
                      A few of us planned to go the Life Times in Easton. The gym was open but didn't allow guests after 6pm...Layne wasn't happy but instead of complaing he got up and did his training at another gym at 7am before the expo Sunday.

Me and my girl did get to eat dinner with Layne, Isabel, Tommy and Kera which was great.
                      www.PROPHYSIQUE.com

Comment

• You said that I could do smith front squats with one hand across and the other down at my side. I'll still have one good hand!

Comment

• Originally posted by bhman6 View Post
                          Layne did you guys end up finding a gym on Saturday?

hey ben, so sorry you had to drive around so much and we didn't get a chance to hang out. Dinner is on me next time
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

• Originally posted by PistolPete View Post
                            You said that I could do smith front squats with one hand across and the other down at my side. I'll still have one good hand!
                            gotcha, thought you meant free squats.

i think that's ok, now that said, I would wait until you are probably at least 3-4 weeks out of surgery before doing any smith work. I would also recommend easing into it. Maybe start smolov 8-10 weeks into recovery
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

• true. sounds like a good idea. Maybe I'll just do a little bit of machine work in the first couple of weeks like some leg extensions, curls, etc. just easy stuff.

How do you like the smolov routine so far? Are you doing it to break through a plateu? Or is it just another approach to get bigger and stronger? Also, after the first 4 weeks what do you do? Do you take a week off and try to hit your 1RM? I was a little confused with the 3 week break it gives inbetween the first stage and the second.

Comment

• Originally posted by fltallpaul View Post
                                A few of us planned to go the Life Times in Easton. The gym was open but didn't allow guests after 6pm...Layne wasn't happy but instead of complaing he got up and did his training at another gym at 7am before the expo Sunday.

Me and my girl did get to eat dinner with Layne, Isabel, Tommy and Kera which was great.

yeah we went there at like 7:45 and they said we weren't allowed in so I gave Layne a call to make sure no one else wasted a drive out

unfortunately I wasn't able to train Sunday as I was driving home
                                MorphogenNutrition.com
                                Facebook.com/MorphogenNutrition

Comment

Working...
                                X