Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's going on Layne!

Do you believe in time off from the gym, for example a one week break? And how long do you stay away from the weights after a show?

Comment

• Layne I have another question for you if you don't mind. What are your thoughts on test boosters? I am wondering if you think they are actually effective or they are a waste of money. I was thinking that I might try one towards the end of my prep when my calories are low and my libido disappears (wife becomes quite unhappy).

Comment

• Diet Question

Layne, You always talk about hitting your mirco totals for the day, I was just curious if you have any special times of the day that you place your carbs and fats most at?(besides pre and post for carbs) are you eating the same meals each day with the same mircos? or are you just trying to get the mirco totals in for the day with reasonible amounts of carbs and fats at each meal, more on a calories in VS. calories out mind set?

For instence, If you had a rough day with meals and your gonna eat your last meal before bed and you still need to have 80 grams of carbs , 40 grams of protein, and 15 grams of fat , are you still going to down all those carbs right before you sleep?

was just curious on how you work this out , seems like a very soild way of managing ones diet who has to work a job and go to school.

Comment

• Layne, I'm confused with this 25# jug of whey protein I just bought. According to the label, each 70cc scoop should weigh 28g and provide 21g protein. The thing is, when I weigh 1 scoop, it weighs 46g. The only explanation I can think of is that they added a filler to it like maltodextrin and are deceptively advertising. The representative at the company from which I bought the product said "well that just means you have more protein." But this makes no sense to me. What is your take on it?

Thanks bud
          Myth's training blog:

Comment

• it's more dense for whatever reason.. either that or your scoop is too large?
            BioLayne LLC
            PhD, Nutritional Sciences
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
              it's more dense for whatever reason.. either that or your scoop is too large?
              No, it's the same size scoop as prescribed on the label, which is 70cc standard-sized. Do you think they simply used maltodextrin as a filler and are trying to scam me?
              Myth's training blog:

Comment

• Layne, You always talk about hitting your mirco totals for the day, I was just curious if you have any special times of the day that you place your carbs and fats most at?(besides pre and post for carbs) are you eating the same meals each day with the same mircos? or are you just trying to get the mirco totals in for the day with reasonible amounts of carbs and fats at each meal, more on a calories in VS. calories out mind set?

For instence, If you had a rough day with meals and your gonna eat your last meal before bed and you still need to have 80 grams of carbs , 40 grams of protein, and 15 grams of fat , are you still going to down all those carbs right before you sleep?

was just curious on how you work this out , seems like a very soild way of managing ones diet who has to work a job and go to school.

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                  haha, I forgot about that and besides I didn't have an animal shirt LOL. I tell you what though, I was damn close to saying fuck it and asking if I could just do my workout in the cage on sunday LOL
                  You are definitely Cage worthy my friend. Next year Saturday night, ABC, I will hook you up with the t-shirt
                  VP of Marketing for Nutrabio
                  instagram @naturalguy2.0

Comment

• Hey Layne I have a quick question.....money is a little tight these days so sometimes I don't have anymore protein powder left.....so I was wondering if I was doing more harm than good by training without drinking a protein shake afterwards, and just eating food 30 minutes or so afterwards.......when I do have powder, I always drink a shake before and after training, but I'm just curious about these other times..........thanks for your time man

Comment

• Hey Layne,

I know this is a pretty general and probably to vague of a question, but what do you think of Mike Mentzer's style of HIT training? Have you ever tried it? I haven't learned a whole lot about it yet, but I'd love to hear your opinion on it as I learn more. Thanks!

Comment

• Hi Layne, Im currently doing a 16/8 Int. fast and using small amounts of Xtend throughout the fasting period. Some say this is an effective way to prevent catabolism, while others claim leucine causes an insulin response that in turn suppresses glucagon and becomes counter-productive. I found this study:
                        http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/19013300
                        This seems to not only provide evidence that glucagon response is not suppressed, but in fact stimulated when ingesting leucine.

I'm curious what your thoughts are on this matter, and the potential that leucine has in this kind of diet, as you seem to be the expert on leucine around here.
                        Thanks,
                        Redemption

Comment

• Originally posted by Myth View Post
                          No, it's the same size scoop as prescribed on the label, which is 70cc standard-sized. Do you think they simply used maltodextrin as a filler and are trying to scam me?
                          not sure
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Hello Mr.FatBody View Post
                            Layne, You always talk about hitting your mirco totals for the day, I was just curious if you have any special times of the day that you place your carbs and fats most at?(besides pre and post for carbs) are you eating the same meals each day with the same mircos? or are you just trying to get the mirco totals in for the day with reasonible amounts of carbs and fats at each meal, more on a calories in VS. calories out mind set?

my pre and post workout meals are more carb heavy than the others and lower in fat than the others.

protein i spread out evenly
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

• Originally posted by naturalguy View Post
                              You are definitely Cage worthy my friend. Next year Saturday night, ABC, I will hook you up with the t-shirt
                              ha, thanks bro; as long as I can wear my xtend beanie as well to keep it real?!
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

• Originally posted by D-Block View Post
                                Hey Layne I have a quick question.....money is a little tight these days so sometimes I don't have anymore protein powder left.....so I was wondering if I was doing more harm than good by training without drinking a protein shake afterwards, and just eating food 30 minutes or so afterwards.......when I do have powder, I always drink a shake before and after training, but I'm just curious about these other times..........thanks for your time man
                                well on a gram per gram basis, protein powder is actually cheaper than food... unless you are taking some overpriced crap
                                BioLayne LLC
                                Scivation Athlete
                                MD Columnist
                                Website

Comment

Working...
                                X