Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
    some bullshit about the high school saying bodybuilding was 'inappropriate' for the high school. Never mind that it promotes health and fitness in a country where 1/3 of high schoolers are obese, not to mention it's a drug free show.

fucking hypocrites is what it is
    OH Layne, don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.

Honestly though, that is BS. I went to a show out on the cape last year to support a guy from my gym. It was held at a school and I gotta say, good bad or indifferent (image wise) I didn't see any "students" anyway. And I've been to a few shows at schools. It's always the competitors families and meatheads like myself. We get no !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by nutratroy View Post
      WOW!!!!!!!!

I know Eric is pretty bummed, he has been dieting hard. Will they try another venue this year or next?

I totally feel your point, sometimes explaining such simple things to our precious educators is like
      what really sucks is it will make the IFPA look bad when in reality it wasn't their fault at all and nothing they could have done
      BioLayne LLC
      PhD, Nutritional Sciences
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

Comment

• layne do you know of any good MRP's or protein powders that are low or dont have carbs but high in protein with a balance of fats? Ive been doin no carb and im getting sick of the same foods! 12 weeks is too long!
        5% off at Trueprotein.com: RNM120

Comment

• thanks layne
          -IRON MAN ATHLETICS
          -HARDCORE/PROFROMANCE WEAR
          -COMING EARLY SEPT

Comment

• Originally posted by Maestro View Post
            layne do you know of any good MRP's or protein powders that are low or dont have carbs but high in protein with a balance of fats? Ive been doin no carb and im getting sick of the same foods! 12 weeks is too long!
            by nature most MRPs are 'meal replacements so they supply a complete meal of pro/carbs/fats; i do know optimum used to have a MRP called "protein diet" that only had like 5g
            BioLayne LLC
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

• hey layne. first of all thanks a lot for taking the time to post on here.

my question may seem repetitive, but after reading some of your articles on bb.com, i saw a few conflictiong ideas, and it left me a little confused.

my current goal is to lose fat, while retaining as much muscle as possible. i want to plan out my cardio accordingly. to best fit my schedule. usually it is easiest for me to do my cardio immediately following my weight training. with work and everything it is hard to get to the gym for 2 seperate sessions.

how much of a disadvantage am i putting myself at, as far as losing muscle goes, by doing my weights and cardio at the same time? is it worth making drastic schedule changes to seperate the two, or can this way be effective? and finally if i continue to do cardio immediately following weights, should i use hit style, or stick with a longer low intensity? post workout shake after weights, before cardio, or after the entire workout?

i know its a lot of questions but i just wanna make sure im getting it right, thanks!

Comment

• you are fine with what you are doing; cardio is not nearly as catabolic as people make it out to be. I think you are doing just fine. I would do it after weights; just have your post workout shake before cardio
                BioLayne LLC
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

• Layne, do you know what the effect caffeine has on creatine absorption?
                  Assistant to the regional manager.
                  Iron8 approved

Comment

• no effect on absorption that I know of
                    BioLayne LLC
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                      no effect on absorption that I know of
                      Thanks.
                      Assistant to the regional manager.
                      Iron8 approved

Comment

• is mirconized creatine mono better or easily absorbed than regular creatine mono?

Comment

• Originally posted by El_Spiko View Post
                          Go to Dave's thread in the Staff and pros section. I've been doing the Palumbo diet for a few months now and have had great results, but that's just me. I trust Layne's judgement and knowledge and I don't think anyone could ever be faulted for taking his advice, and if I hadn't already started Palumbo's diet I would have gone with Layne's pre-contest diet instead; I think it's a bad idea to change things up mid-prep though so I'm sticking to this to contest day.
                          spiko ive been doin the same thing. workin great.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maestro View Post
                            is mirconized creatine mono better or easily absorbed than regular creatine mono?
                            no, just mixes in solution better
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

• cool. i dont mix it. I take the spoonful and put it on the back of my tongue and chase it with water. call me sick but its faster. haha

Comment

• hey layne i drink alot of water 2-3 gallons a day and sometimes even 4 without trying to but i sometimes feel like i get some sort of a cold from it even cramp in my legs and tricep i take a mult viamin and mineral is there something esle that can help me or sould i chill on the water. thanks
                                -IRON MAN ATHLETICS
                                -HARDCORE/PROFROMANCE WEAR
                                -COMING EARLY SEPT

Comment

Working...
                                X