Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
    so people don't miss it
    Layne I just finished listening to the show and I'm very glad I did...the information on soy was extremely helpful since I'm allergic to every other sort of protein powder....I just wanted to confirm one thing as it pertains directly to a question I recently asked you on this board.....around the 38 minute mark in the interview, did you say that bodybuilders could take a small amount of dextrose post-workout along with whole food and just skip the protein shake altogether? Just wanna know your thoughts, because this is like ground-breaking to me

Comment

• well i think if you have some free form bcaa like xtend post workout with some dextrose then have whole food when you get home I think you could probably forgo the shake
      BioLayne LLC
      PhD, Nutritional Sciences
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

Comment

• Question layne, how heavy do you train pre-contest compared to offseason or do you lower the weights and up the intesnsity. Also, you seem to get extremly peeled contest day, do you find it easy to coast into competition or do you find your body needs a real extra push sometimes to get that conditioning?

Comment

• Hi Layne,

Do you recommend naturals take any time off from lifting during the year? Or should naturals try not to miss any workouts? I have heard conflicting arguements, I would welcome your opinion.

Comment

• Layne , You got any lifting belts you could recomend? i just loss my schiek velcro belt, was a pretty soild bodybuilding belt , but looking to see what else is out there

Comment

• Layne I am follwoing your precontest diet and had a question. You do count all the macronutrients in everything correct? Like say in natural peanut butter, I would count the carbs and protein in my daily macros instead of just the fat.
              Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattyb View Post
                Layne I am follwoing your precontest diet and had a question. You do count all the macronutrients in everything correct? Like say in natural peanut butter, I would count the carbs and protein in my daily macros instead of just the fat.
                Thanks
                well i'm not Layne but i know for a FACT that Layne counts every macro, so yes the carbs and protein in PB do count.

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerStealth View Post
                  well i'm not Layne but i know for a FACT that Layne counts every macro, so yes the carbs and protein in PB do count.

does layne write all of these things down to help him? , or is it all counted up inside his head

Comment

• Originally posted by Hello Mr.FatBody View Post
                    Layne , You got any lifting belts you could recomend? i just loss my schiek velcro belt, was a pretty soild bodybuilding belt , but looking to see what else is out there
                    http://www.prowriststraps.com/inc/sdetail/14713

economical and effective
                    BioLayne LLC
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Leni 101% Natural View Post
                      Question layne, how heavy do you train pre-contest compared to offseason or do you lower the weights and up the intesnsity. Also, you seem to get extremly peeled contest day, do you find it easy to coast into competition or do you find your body needs a real extra push sometimes to get that conditioning?
                      i always am training heavy, precontest does not change that

I am usually having to bust my ass to get into the kind of condition. All the way down to 150g carbs or below and HIIT 2-3x/week & low intensity 3-4x/week
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Mattyb View Post
                        Layne I am follwoing your precontest diet and had a question. You do count all the macronutrients in everything correct? Like say in natural peanut butter, I would count the carbs and protein in my daily macros instead of just the fat.
                        Thanks
                        yup i count everything
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• Layne thanks for the belt recomendation,

quick 2 questions for you.

with your totals , do you write everything down inside a book? or do you keep track inside your head throughout the day? was just curious to ask

2nd question - Abs question , i stop training my abs because my waiste kept growing, i started to look like i had a pot belly, since i stoped i lost 3 inches off my waist,do you think this is going to pose a problem for me if i stop training my abs as far as injuries ect? my dad and brother both have big abs as well , its a genetic thing with us. i mean i was only doing 4-6 sets 2x a week, then brought it down to 1x a week, then stoped altogether.

Comment

• are you sure your 'abs were getting big' or were you just putting on fat?

i keep my totals in an xcel spreadsheet
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                              are you sure your 'abs were getting big' or were you just putting on fat?

i keep my totals in an xcel spreadsheet
                              lol no fat, they stick out like mini bricks ,

do you do the xcel for offseason eating as well?

Comment

• Really enjoyed your appearance on superhuman and definitley gonna buy your vid but now i just keep thinkin about nutrient timing pre/post workout. Speaking of insulin and the proposed importance of protein pre workout i just have some thoughts. And i am sorry if this has come up before but your thread is huge and i am in the middle of two papers so sorry in advance.

First, i have been hearing about a higher threshold for glucose to the fat cell and a lower threshold to the muscle cell. so taking in too many carbs or all your carbs that u want for your workout at one time wouldnt be so great right? So my thought is partitioning say 100 carbs 4x throught out a workout could be beneficial by keeping a solid blood sugar level for muscle feeding?

Second, regarding protein and pre workout would it be best to split some bcaa and glutamine for pre and immediately after or how should this be timed? I kinda get confused because i have heard that it isnt necessarily beneficial to suck back all your supps and protein right after working out because your body is going through some sort of inflammation phase and it isnt the optimal time to get nutrients. So what then? take carbs throughout; some protein before or aminos of some type; and then wait for protein like 1/2 or an hour later (most beneficial being WPI)?

thx in advance gawd don't want to overthink it or not take ne thing cause i dont think its optimum i just like understanding the mechanisms at work.

Comment

Working...
                                X