Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is visible abs a sign of how lean one is? What if you are prone to carry less of your bodyfat in your abs and more overall bodyfat in other places, wouldn't the "ab" test be misleading?

I know personally I carry more fat in my legs than in my abs.
    Are you gonna live your life, or are you biding time till you die?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheSpirit View Post
      Why is visible abs a sign of how lean one is? What if you are prone to carry less of your bodyfat in your abs and more overall bodyfat in other places, wouldn't the "ab" test be misleading?

I know personally I carry more fat in my legs than in my abs.
      Even so...he estimated the upper range of his bf to be 20%. I may be wrong but I havent seen many people with bf higher than 20% with visible abdominals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zen_Lifter View Post
        Even so...he estimated the upper range of his bf to be 20%. I may be wrong but I havent seen many people with bf higher than 20% with visible abdominals.
        I'm one of the few...
        Eric Helms Controlled Labs Athlete NASM CPT & PES
        http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Comment

• layne, how often do you cheat? whats the one thing you wish you did differently?

Comment

• Miracle Supplement: max gxl???

layne , wanted you to check out the ingredients of this supplement , my aunts friend introduced it to her, its a product that is suppose to increase your glutathione levels which is suppose to be a mircle antioxidant your body produces, i already know about glutathione , but are these ingredients anything special?looks like normal stuff to me? been trying to look for web sites that shows this product as a scam , but cant find anything solid, what you think?

http://max-gxl.org/

Comment

• a really basic question layne, but in the past ive always put on a lot of fat during my bulking cycles. im coming off a cut and want to stay lean, so whats a good way of working out calorie requirements etc and how much should i eat over maintenance to minimise fat gain?

Comment

• Originally posted by seanoh View Post
                a really basic question layne, but in the past ive always put on a lot of fat during my bulking cycles. im coming off a cut and want to stay lean, so whats a good way of working out calorie requirements etc and how much should i eat over maintenance to minimise fat gain?
                don't I recall seeing a thread with you talking trash about me over at bodybuilding.com?

Just curious, I'll still answer the question; wouldn't be the first time someone trashed me behind my back and then asked me for advice LOL

Guys, give me some time on the questions; i'm really sorry for the delays, my life is insane right now. I've got a ton of client work which I love but I've also got a big speech in 18 days and right now I don't even have all the data worked up so please bear with me
                BioLayne LLC
                PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                  don't I recall seeing a thread with you talking trash about me over at bodybuilding.com?

Just curious, I'll still answer the question; wouldn't be the first time someone trashed me behind my back and then asked me for advice LOL

Guys, give me some time on the questions; i'm really sorry for the delays, my life is insane right now. I've got a ton of client work which I love but I've also got a big speech in 18 days and right now I don't even have all the data worked up so please bear with me
                  what?!?!?! I post over there but I've never bashed you in any way. I respect what you do and the dedication you show when so many others turn to juice hence my asking you for advice. If you dont mind could you show me the thread where you thought I was bashing you? But no Layne, I genuinely haven't

Comment

• hey wats going layne?
                    quick question about omega 3 fish oil pills

For my diet right now im doing 1 egg yolk for fats, i was wondering if i wanted to take omega 3 pills do i take them additionally with the yolk or would i need to substitute, because they're still both fats?
                    thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by seanoh View Post
                      what?!?!?! I post over there but I've never bashed you in any way. I respect what you do and the dedication you show when so many others turn to juice hence my asking you for advice. If you dont mind could you show me the thread where you thought I was bashing you? But no Layne, I genuinely haven't
                      I probably just imagined it, I read a lot of posts
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

I probably just imagined it, I read a lot of posts

I read it too....he said something to the tune of "he's not that impressive"
                        MorphogenNutrition.com
                        Facebook.com/MorphogenNutrition

Comment

no prob , your a busy man! , no rush to my question

Comment

• Originally posted by bhman6 View Post
                            I read it too....he said something to the tune of "he's not that impressive"
                            well if i'm not that impressive then he probably shouldn't be asking me for advice since I suck then eh?
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

• Question about an injury for you that I cant seem to resolve at all.

In Augst of 2008 I was doing flat bench, and on my first heavy set I lowered the bar down and felt a clicking sound. On the second rep I felt a tearing feeling to be most accurate it felt like it was under my front delt in my armpit area. There was no bruising or swelling, but it was extremely painful. The pain was bad for just a couple of days, and I took a bit of time off. I could have sworn I even heard a tear.

After taking time off I tried to do chest again. I noticed dull pain, but a feeling like something was unstable and susceptible to tear or something. It only happens when I try to do flat barbell press, or dumbbell. I feel it slightly on other exercises but it's not near as bad. I'm thinking it is the tendon that runs from my delt into my chest. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Comment

well if i'm not that impressive then he probably shouldn't be asking me for advice since I suck then eh?

he should probably be giving YOU advice, lol

MorphogenNutrition.com
                                Facebook.com/MorphogenNutrition

Comment

Working...
                                X