Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
    you must not have read much of this thread, many of my articles, or listened to any interviews with me I take it?

layne writes some pretty sweet stuff , i like that its all backed by science

Comment

you must not have read much of this thread, many of my articles, or listened to any interviews with me I take it?

i would check out my protein myths article: http://www.musculardevelopment.com/content/view/89/54/
      What I'm asking is how would you breakdown my calories? Lets say I lower protein to 230. Then the rest would be like 500 grams carbs and 100 grams of fat which would equal about 3,820 cals. Isnt 500 carbs a little bit overkill?

Comment

• not if you are that ectomorphic.

And as far as giving you specific macros... I know very little about you; trying to figure out precisely what a person works best with can take months and months of experimentation when I'm working with clients
        BioLayne LLC
        PhD, Nutritional Sciences
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

• 1 more question. I tend to get very hungry at night despite eating a ton during the day. Therefore, I'm eating a good deal of cals towards the end of the day. I really doubt that at a weight of 164 I need 4,200 cals to grow. Could the hormone ghrelin be "fucking with me" so to say. I read that if your body is used to eating at night, you will always get hungry at those times despite what you ate during the day. Should I ignore the hunger to try and "reset" the ghrelin so to speak?

Comment

• ha, I took a course on the science of hunger and appetite, and let me just say that ghrelin is such a complex hormone and the hunger response is SO complex (i mean it is so ridiculously complex you could not possibly imagine) that anyone who tells you you could do one simple thing to 'reset' ghrelin has no idea what they are talking about.
            BioLayne LLC
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

ha, I took a course on the science of hunger and appetite, and let me just say that ghrelin is such a complex hormone and the hunger response is SO complex (i mean it is so ridiculously complex you could not possibly imagine) that anyone who tells you you could do one simple thing to 'reset' ghrelin has no idea what they are talking about.
              so you think that my body actually needs the cals if I'm getting hungry?

Comment

• I didn't say that. How much weight have you gained whilst eating at that caloric level?
                BioLayne LLC
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

I didn't say that. How much weight have you gained whilst eating at that caloric level?
                  well its only been this past week. I've maybe put on half a pound or so.

Comment

I didn't say that. How much weight have you gained whilst eating at that caloric level?
                    Whilst? Did you use spell check for that one? Who talks like that?

LOLLERSKATEZ!

Sporto
                    IFPA Natural Professional Bodybuilder
                    Core Nutritionals Sales Rep

Comment

• Originally posted by NTT91 View Post
                      well its only been this past week. I've maybe put on half a pound or so.
                      then you are eating enough
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Sporto View Post
                        Whilst? Did you use spell check for that one? Who talks like that?

LOLLERSKATEZ!

Sporto
                        i did it all for the lulz breh
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• hey layne,

During pre-contest diet, as weight drops should you also drop protein intake to maintain 1-1.5 g/lb or keep the protein as high as it was at the start of the diet?

Comment

• also,

im 4 weeks out from my first contest, and calipers say 8-9% bf.

the only opportunity i have to do cardio is on training days. I have been doing 20 min of HIIT on the stair mill (lv. 5/1 min - lv. 12/1 min) immediately after weight training.

in terms of muscle sparing, does this sound like something i should change?

Comment

• also,

im 4 weeks out from my first contest, and calipers say 8-9% bf.

the only opportunity i have to do cardio is on training days. I have been doing 20 min of HIIT on the stair mill (lv. 5/1 min - lv. 12/1 min) immediately after weight training.

in terms of muscle sparing, does this sound like something i should change?

Comment

• new PR on squats today; 515 for a triple

[/quote]
                                BioLayne LLC
                                Scivation Athlete
                                MD Columnist
                                Website

Comment

Working...
                                X