Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm 2 weeks out from my first show, I've dropped about 23lbs so far, with about 6-8lbs more to lose (this first show is a warm up) and I've been eating a big variety of foods...nothing crazy, but the occasional organic pop tart, organic mac and cheese on a refeed day, cheeses, bread, cheerios...but I also eat a lot of rice cakes, nut butters, lean meats, oats, greek yogurt...

EDIT oh and duh, layne is prepping me lol
    Eric Helms Controlled Labs Athlete NASM CPT & PES
    http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
      no, 7g is way over the level that would max synthesis. 4.5g will absolutely max synthesis. likely 2-3g Leu will do it
      Thanks for the answer.
      Contest Prep, Muscle building- http://www.trainwithsklayne.co.uk

Comment

• Hey Layne,

I've been reading about how the big 3 (Leucine, Isoleucine and Valine) are not enough and that we actually need all aminos in a pre and post workout supplement. Is there any truth to that?

Comment

• well leucine is what stimulates synthesis; and you need the others as SUBSTRATES for synthesis even though the others don't stimulate synthesis; but as long as you are eating a high protein diet; substrate should not be an issue
          BioLayne LLC
          PhD, Nutritional Sciences
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• Thanks!

Comment

• WHats Up Layne,

I was curious about your thoughts of Hany Rambod's FST- 7 training method for natties like us????

Is it overtraining???? I have been doing it for the last few weeks and I get great pumps, and have developed a new (good) type of soreness that I haven't had in a while.

Thanks for your time..... Your the MAN

Comment

• WHats Up Layne,

I was curious about your thoughts of Hany Rambod's FST- 7 training method for natties like us????

Is it overtraining???? I have been doing it for the last few weeks and I get great pumps, and have developed a new (good) type of soreness that I haven't had in a while.

Comment

• Layne, what are your thoughts on creatine during contest prep? Would you cut it out before showtime or keep it? I know its main goal is to make the muscle retain more water, but some people say that it will make you retain water in other places as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by zzmacman View Post
                    Layne, what are your thoughts on creatine during contest prep? Would you cut it out before showtime or keep it? I know its main goal is to make the muscle retain more water, but some people say that it will make you retain water in other places as well.
                    no it's fine
                    BioLayne LLC
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

• Originally posted by bigZnat View Post
                      WHats Up Layne,

I don't know that much about it but i highly doubt it's overtraining.

over training is the most overused word in the bodybuilding dictionary. Most people have no idea what truly over training the muscular system entails and how difficult it would be. You would lose the will to go into the gym before you would legitimately overtrain your muscular system to the point that it hampered muscle gains.

case in point; I just finished a crazy russian squat program that has you squat 4x/week. Now all these geniuses out there by their logic this is crazy overtraining and I should have shrunk up to nothing. Well it put 25 lbs on my squat in 3 weeks and 1/2" on my thighs. So overtraining my ass.
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

over training is the most overused word in the bodybuilding dictionary. Most people have no idea what truly over training the muscular system entails and how difficult it would be. You would lose the will to go into the gym before you would legitimately overtrain your muscular system to the point that it hampered muscle gains.

case in point; I just finished a crazy russian squat program that has you squat 4x/week. Now all these geniuses out there by their logic this is crazy overtraining and I should have shrunk up to nothing. Well it put 25 lbs on my squat in 3 weeks and 1/2" on my thighs. So overtraining my ass.
                        But you defy nature! How did the speech go?

Comment

no it's fine
                          awesome thanks.

Comment

• Good stuff as usual Layne.

Hope all is well my friend and big ups for the squat/leg increases!
                            TEAM P/RR/S ELITE
                            www.fitcorps.net

Comment

you only did it for 3 weeks though , try it for 8 and tell me how you feel after , if you dont feel overtrained , then your a genetic freak

Comment

• bullshit; plenty of people do that routine. and it's a total of 10 weeks. 3 weeks of squatting 4x/week then 2 weeks of speed work then 4 weeks of squatting heavy 3x/week

and everyone always says I have crappy genetics LOL

I'm not a genetic freak I've just conditioned my body to be able to tolerate pain
                                BioLayne LLC
                                Scivation Athlete
                                MD Columnist
                                Website

Comment

Working...
                                X