Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LAYNE, if we keep our cardio at the fat burning zone(130) for 30 minutes, is there an average amount of calories we should be looking to burn?

I do cardio after my workout... should I drink my post-workout shake right after weights and before cardio or after both weights and cardio?
    Cancer SURVIVOR

"Falling isn't FAILURE, FAILURE is not getting back up"

Comment

• first off, ditch that 'fat burning zone' nonesense. If you are going to do cardio... then work hard at it. 30 minutes is a good time period; hit it hard make sure you burn about 300-400 kcals
      BioLayne LLC
      PhD, Nutritional Sciences
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

Comment

• On that note. I constantly see people going so slow on cardio trying to maintain 'the fat burning zone' b.s. Hell they're not even working working up a sweat. By the way most those people are over weight.
        At a higher heart rate you do infact burn some carbs for fuel, but you also burn fat. If you look at the amount of calories burned at a higher heart rate, you'll see that you burn more fat calories in a shorter amount of time than strolling along. Also part of doing cardio is to stimulate your cardiovascular and central nervous systems. This happens at a much greater capacity at higher heart rates. Plus you get the added benefit of having your metabolism of overdrive for up to 24 hours (according to a study I read in Runners World Magazine).
        Assistant to the regional manager.
        Iron8 approved

Comment

• i actually talked about that at length earlier in this thread LOL
          BioLayne LLC
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• Layne I have a theory. Please lay to rest this argument I have with a friend about concomitant use of diuretics and creatine. Maybe I can say "I'm wrong." and it will be over.

The theory:
            Moderate use of diuretics (i.e. caffeine, particularly "cutting supplements") will not detract from the use of creatine. Why? Because diuretics act on interstitial H20, that is, the water between the cells. Creatine pulls water into the muscle cells, thereby rendering it unaffected by said diuretics. As long as you maintain adequate hydration, creatine will have "enough water to volumize the muscle cell" and not be affected negatively by diuresis.

Yes or No? I value your advice as a Biochemistry degree holder, working on mine right now.

Comment

• well you can't completely seperate one layer from the other, if you remove interstitial water, most likely other compartments will 'leak' in order to equilibrate the pools
              BioLayne LLC
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

• Good point. If it were you, would you consume caffeine and creatine not "together" but in the same day, so to speak? Do you think it makes a difference?

Comment

• Layne- i just got the Dialene4 in the mail tonight and i just had one question. it says to take the second serving 6 hours after the first one. but i dont go to the gym for another 3 hours. will it affect my workout like that(i mean by come down off it) or could i just wait for another 2 hours(8 hours in between each dose) and take it closer to work out?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravia View Post
                    Layne- i just got the Dialene4 in the mail tonight and i just had one question. it says to take the second serving 6 hours after the first one. but i dont go to the gym for another 3 hours. will it affect my workout like that(i mean by come down off it) or could i just wait for another 2 hours(8 hours in between each dose) and take it closer to work out?
                    I would take one serving in the morning and then the other 45 minutes preworkout
                    BioLayne LLC
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

• Originally posted by G_K View Post
                      Good point. If it were you, would you consume caffeine and creatine not "together" but in the same day, so to speak? Do you think it makes a difference?
                      I honestly don't think it makes a big difference
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

• As a side note. Today the Nutritional Sciences Division had their annual poster contest. I tried to get in but for some reason my submission never went through. No big deal. Two hours before the judging the head of the division called and said a girl dropped out and they needed to fill the spot and asked if I would do it. I didn't have anything ready, had not practiced and didn't have a nice poster of my research prepared, I just had to use regular printer paper. Well I ended up winning it anyway, with pretty much no practice or anything. Made me feel really good about my research
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• Way to go brother .

So does that mean we're not dealing with a total crackpot on this thread?

Comment

• Layne now i understand what you ment about wanting to DESTROY the weights. i didnt take it with amp just some NO xplode (only took one pill) and i was total focus and didnt want to rest inbetween sets. i didnt feel tired or sore and i wanted to do more weight even though i was maxed out i wanted to try more. i think if you get carried away you can easily hurt your self. but all in all the first dose was pretty good. just wish it would last longer then 20 days though

Comment

• are you talking about dialene?
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                                As a side note. Today the Nutritional Sciences Division had their annual poster contest. I tried to get in but for some reason my submission never went through. No big deal. Two hours before the judging the head of the division called and said a girl dropped out and they needed to fill the spot and asked if I would do it. I didn't have anything ready, had not practiced and didn't have a nice poster of my research prepared, I just had to use regular printer paper. Well I ended up winning it anyway, with pretty much no practice or anything. Made me feel really good about my research
                                You should feel good about your research man I've known a lot of shitty researchers and a lot of good researchers, and you are definitely on of the good ones
                                I min/max my physique

Comment

Working...
                                X