Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by anti-steroids View Post
    Layne I have to say thank you you have pushed me into a better place
    especially when it comes to bb\and school one day I hope to be on the level of yourself,the wilson brothers[gabe,jacob]Dr Joe,tommy jeffers
    as I CONTINUE TO BUST MY ASS NOT A SOUL CAN STOP ME
    So thank you layne

chris

now that thats been said Im ready to go KILL some legs!!!
    welcome man! I'm always glad to hear that I inspired someone; especially educationally! Are you in college?
    BioLayne LLC
    PhD, Nutritional Sciences
    Scivation Athlete
    MD Columnist
    Website

Comment

• yep UC BERKLEY

Comment

• layne from a scientific view what causes more muscle growth high volume training or HIT training?

also if one was chemically enhanced do you think they should train different from a natural bodybuilder? do you think they should diet different?

thanks

Comment

• My first study just came out in the Journal of Nutrition!!!!

You can see the abstract here!

http://jn.nutrition.org/cgi/content/...urcetype=HWCIT

Man I am pumped, it's ridiculous how hard all this was. I am still doing happy dances.

-Layne
          BioLayne LLC
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
            My first study just came out in the Journal of Nutrition!!!!

Man I am pumped, it's ridiculous how hard all this was. I am still doing happy dances.

-Layne
            Layne this is awesome! Congrats my friend. For those of you who do not know, getting a study published in a journal like the Journal of Nutrition is NOT an easy task and is truly a great accomplishment. I have a feeling though that this is just the first of many studies we will see published by you

Comment

• Congrats on the study Layne, one hell of an accomplishment.

What are your thought on HMB?

Comment

• Layne
                Sorry if you have answered this question already. Do you know if putting raw eggs in your shake is a waste or will the body still use the aminos and protein from the eggs?
                I figure with your feild of study you are a good person to ask, there seems to be a wide variety of opinions on this.

thanks

Comment

And here I thought you were just a muscle head ! Congratulations PA - we're doing the 'happy dance' with you.

Comment

• Layne, what is your take on the recent studies that regular red meat consumption leads to an early death? I consume an upwards of 14oz of lean red meat (top round/eye round) a day. Am I going to die?

Comment

• Layne,

I know you are fan of cycling in mini cuts during bulking phases, but, how long should one bulk before instituting one of these cuts?

Comment

• Hey Layne, I know that you have mentioned several times you take BCAA's between meals. If someone were looking to get the best benefit out of BCAA's and Leucine supplementation, and do so economically, would post-workout be the best time for both?

Comment

• Layne,

Congrats on the Article, way to go! Your natty accomplishments and scientific explinations are the reason I wont do gear, so I'd say your an inspiration.

Anyway I was wondering if you could do that russian squat type of training for other excersizes and if so could you do multiple excersized like this durring the 4 weeks.

Also I want to get back in shape for summer but I am not doing a bb competition so I really just want to preserve muscle and loose fat fast. I am 26 yo, 5'9", 198 lbs am eating 2000 cals a day 6 meals 300-350 cals, 25g carbs, 35g protein, 7g fat each meal plus pwo sups (30g waxy, 10g BCAA, 3g Beta Alanine, 5g Creatine, 20g whey iso) and 5g BCAA between meals.

Is it possible to get a visible abs by July? Currently I do 40 min AM fasted walk w BCAAs.
                          I lift 4-6 days a week, 7 excersizes, 3-5 sets, 4 exersizes focus on one muscle group the others I do the other groups that aren't sore. Then do HIIT on the heavy bag or low intensity eleptical after the weights, this could be 30 min to 60 min depending how much fun Im having. Should you workout a sore muscle group and if so whats better volume or intensity? Im guessing volume.

Keep inspiring others to better them selves naturally and safely.

Comment

• Originally posted by NTT91 View Post
                            Layne, what is your take on the recent studies that regular red meat consumption leads to an early death? I consume an upwards of 14oz of lean red meat (top round/eye round) a day. Am I going to die?
                            when those studies standardize for fat intake and fiber intake there is zero correlation.

the reason these studies show this are because people who eat more meat

1) typically eat less fiber so that can lead to colon cancer

2) typically consume more fat so that can have deleterious effects

3) often eat charred portions of meat which contain carcinogenic hydrocarbons

So if you control for those 3 by:
                            1) eating enough fiber
                            2) not overconsuming fat
                            3) not consuming charred portions of meat

you have very little to worry about
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

-Layne
                              Gratz Layne

Comment

• Im curretly using your split. upper/lower- wise and it works really well.

Great job here !!!

Comment

Working...
                                X