Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• protein powder

Layne, all these new proteins coming out nowadays.............ive been reading alot about all the different ones.

whey concentrate, micellar casein, whey isolate, micro filtered, ion exchange....blah blah blah. the more i read the more im confused. ive been using whey isolates for years.

is this all just marketing hype?????

besides post workout which do you think is the best protein to drink as a meal replacement.

thanks

Comment

• Layne, I was watching some competition deadlift videos of yours on youtube yesterday. It almost appeared as if you were sniffing Smelling Salts before lifting...do my eyes deceive me or is that what they're seeing?
      This was the video [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTgLtVBgJQ4"]YouTube - layne norton 0002[/ame]

Comment

• i will get to these questions guys, I'm sorry, my wife is competing this weekend and i'm just slammed.

i've never been this busy in my life, it's insane
        BioLayne LLC
        PhD, Nutritional Sciences
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

• i will get to these questions guys, I'm sorry, my wife is competing this weekend and i'm just slammed.

i've never been this busy in my life, it's insane
          BioLayne LLC
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• So insane you posted twice! lol, Good luck Isabel! I do have 1 question whenever u get the chance layne... I was just watching the DVD today was thinking that I'm fairly close to being as lean as you were in the DVD (during the transitions where you were posing). I think you were a tad bit leaner than where I'm at now, but I'm just curious, how many weeks for you from that point, based solely on appearance, would it take to be contest ready? I know it would probably be a guess, but I am curious
            http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...n?goto=newpost

Comment

• Originally posted by BBOY87 View Post
              Layne, I was watching some competition deadlift videos of yours on youtube yesterday. It almost appeared as if you were sniffing Smelling Salts before lifting...do my eyes deceive me or is that what they're seeing?
              This was the video YouTube - layne norton 0002

ammonia. gets you kinda fired up for the lift, although i'm not sure what exactly happens biologically.
              Teen NPC competitor.

Writer/promoter
              JackedWithoutJuice.com

Comment

• I was told that waxy maize is hypogenic and that it bypasses the stomach and goes directly to the intestine where it can be absorbed by the body. Was also told that since it is hypogenic and doesn't get digested, you don't have to count the calories in it. Is there any truth to this?

Comment

• Originally posted by zzmacman View Post
                  I was told that waxy maize is hypogenic and that it bypasses the stomach and goes directly to the intestine where it can be absorbed by the body. Was also told that since it is hypogenic and doesn't get digested, you don't have to count the calories in it. Is there any truth to this?
                  lol, no it gets digested, it wouldnt do anything if it didn't
                  Eric Helms Controlled Labs Athlete NASM CPT & PES
                  http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Quelly View Post
                    lol, no it gets digested, it wouldnt do anything if it didn't
                    These were my first thoughts when I was told this. I do respond very well to it though. It fills me out quickly and I like it a lot post workout.

Comment

• Originally posted by zzmacman View Post
                      I was told that waxy maize is hypogenic and that it bypasses the stomach and goes directly to the intestine where it can be absorbed by the body. Was also told that since it is hypogenic and doesn't get digested, you don't have to count the calories in it. Is there any truth to this?
                      whoever told you that is an idiot
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

• Originally posted by PTmuscle View Post
                        So insane you posted twice! lol, Good luck Isabel! I do have 1 question whenever u get the chance layne... I was just watching the DVD today was thinking that I'm fairly close to being as lean as you were in the DVD (during the transitions where you were posing). I think you were a tad bit leaner than where I'm at now, but I'm just curious, how many weeks for you from that point, based solely on appearance, would it take to be contest ready? I know it would probably be a guess, but I am curious
                        I measured at 11% on DXA and 8.5% on calipers... I would probably like 20 weeks from that point
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
                          whoever told you that is an idiot
                          I was suspicious myself.

Comment

• Hey Layne, I have a question regarding tanning for a competition.
                            I read in your article that your supposed to use pro tan but there are so many different kinds which is the best to use?

I ordered the Sunny Day Sunless Tanning Lotion, is that the right stuff?
                            I also heare "Hot Stuff" brings out vascularity, what are your opinions on that?

Comment

• hello every one trying trying to cut down at the moment just finished bulking up and having some problems with my diet wondered if u guys could take a look .

iam 220 pounds (100kgs)
                              6.1 tall
                              about 14 % body fat
                              Food Serving size Cal Protein Carbs Fat

8 morning

5 crackers 165 3.5 22.5 7
                              two teaspoon of peanut butter 186 8 3 16
                              BSD Optim ise 30 117 24.6 1.7 1.3
                              11 mid morning
                              two teaspoon of peanut butter 15 186 8 6 16

1 lunch time
                              two teaspoon of peanut butter 15 186 8 3 16
                              chilli con carne 356 24.6 21 8.3
                              3 afternoon snack

4.3 preworkout

Banana 95 1.2 23.2 0.3
                              post workout
                              Waxy Maize Starch 160
                              1 teaspoon of olive oil 40 0 0 5
                              Main Meal

2 omega 3 eggs 180 12.6 0.5 14
                              2 turkey steaks 250 50 1
                              Pre bed

Total Output 2878 279.5 101.4 123.4

bsd optimise is a protein shake Blend comprising of Whey Protein Concentrate, Whey Protein Isolate, Milk Protein Concentrate and Milk Protein Isolate just so it clear

any help from you guys would be really appreciated.

Comment

• Layne first of all I wanna say u r an idol for me. U look awesome and I enjoy reading your articles.
                                Can u pls do me a favor and look over this plan thx

My Girl want to tone and definer her bod and go down 10-15 lbs
                                She´s 5"4 and weighs about 140 lbs
                                is this Diet ok ??

8 a.m.
                                1 Banana 2 Eggs or Eggwhites 1 Cup Oats *optional* 1 cup cottage cheese
                                11 a.m.
                                4-5 oz.Tuna or Salmon or Chicken 1 cup broccoli and a cup of rice or potatoes
                                3 p.m.
                                4-5 oz.Tuna or Salmon or Chicken 1 cup broccoli or salad
                                7 p.m.
                                4-5 oz. Lean Ground Beef or Chicken or a cup Cottage Cheese
                                Tbsp Mac Oil
                                Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X