Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Today between 3pm and 4pm EST, the forum will be going through some maintenance. The forum may be down temporarily for about 1 hr, but will be restored once this work is over. Thanks so much!

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Layne, I'm 7 weeks out in the attached pics. I think I will be ready a few weeks early. If I am ready a few weeks early I figured I would lift the same and keep my cardio the same, but slowly add in some carbs each week. I'm eating 1980 calories at the moment with 162 carbs, 218 protein, and 51 fat. I figured I would add about 40-50 grams of carbs a week depending on how early I am if I'm early at all and bump my fat up another ten grams in all. I figured I would stay below maintanence (whatever # that is when I feel like I'm ready). Do you think that I will be ready early? If so does my plan sound ok or is it a bad idea? I figure I will be around 177-178 when I'm ready. I'm about 184 in those pics (181 when I stepped out of bed that day).
    Attached Files

Comment

• Originally posted by Bondons View Post
      Hey Layne, I have a question regarding tanning for a competition.
      I read in your article that your supposed to use pro tan but there are so many different kinds which is the best to use?

I ordered the Sunny Day Sunless Tanning Lotion, is that the right stuff?
      I also heare "Hot Stuff" brings out vascularity, what are your opinions on that?
      nothing gives as consistent of a dark, nice sheen as dream tan #2 red bronze. But you have to apply it either the night before or early in the morning as soon as you wake up... and then do another light coat right before stage
      BioLayne LLC
      PhD, Nutritional Sciences
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Southside23 View Post
        Layne first of all I wanna say u r an idol for me. U look awesome and I enjoy reading your articles.
        Can u pls do me a favor and look over this plan thx

My Girl want to tone and definer her bod and go down 10-15 lbs
        She´s 5"4 and weighs about 140 lbs
        is this Diet ok ??

8 a.m.
        1 Banana 2 Eggs or Eggwhites 1 Cup Oats *optional* 1 cup cottage cheese
        11 a.m.
        4-5 oz.Tuna or Salmon or Chicken 1 cup broccoli and a cup of rice or potatoes
        3 p.m.
        4-5 oz.Tuna or Salmon or Chicken 1 cup broccoli or salad
        7 p.m.
        4-5 oz. Lean Ground Beef or Chicken or a cup Cottage Cheese
        Tbsp Mac Oil
        Thanks
        what's the pro/carb/fat breakdown on that? how old is she? what was she eating before?
        BioLayne LLC
        Scivation Athlete
        MD Columnist
        Website

Comment

• Originally posted by zzmacman View Post
          Layne, I'm 7 weeks out in the attached pics. I think I will be ready a few weeks early. If I am ready a few weeks early I figured I would lift the same and keep my cardio the same, but slowly add in some carbs each week. I'm eating 1980 calories at the moment with 162 carbs, 218 protein, and 51 fat. I figured I would add about 40-50 grams of carbs a week depending on how early I am if I'm early at all and bump my fat up another ten grams in all. I figured I would stay below maintanence (whatever # that is when I feel like I'm ready). Do you think that I will be ready early? If so does my plan sound ok or is it a bad idea? I figure I will be around 177-178 when I'm ready. I'm about 184 in those pics (181 when I stepped out of bed that day).
          well, I think you are in really good shape and I hate to be a downer but I don't think you'll be ready early. I mean you don't hardly see any hamstring definition. I guess it depends on what your goal is but if your goal is freaky conditioning then I would not even begin to think about backing off the intensity of your diet right now.

dont' get me wrong, you look good; but you have the potential to look GREAT.

-Layne
          BioLayne LLC
          Scivation Athlete
          MD Columnist
          Website

Comment

• Thanks for the response and honesty. I will continue to hit my diet hard.

Comment

• Hey Layne,
              I've been cutting for about 2 months now and am about to have surgery to repair a torn ACL. Is it wise to keep cutting after the surgery? I didnt know if the decreased nutrition would negatively affect the healing process. My surgeon said it wouldn't but wanted your opinion on the subject.

Thanks bro

Comment

• during cutting phases, is it still okay to do moderate volume (8-9 sets for large bp's, and 6 sets for arms) all to failure since calories are restricted, or is a more high volume lower intensity program ideal?

Comment

• Knee Pain

Layne,

Wanted to ask you about knee wraps since you have a powerlifting side to you as well, I've been training heavier lately and starting to get some soreness under my petella (middle/lower knee area) that i did not have before, My fourm is very good , But i'm wondering if it would be wise for me to invest in a solid pair of knee wraps for my heavey sets on legs? I was always told that wraps were bad for your knees because something with your joints grinding together or something along those lines, not to sure? thats why i'm here asking you.

Comment

• Originally posted by bdybldrkev View Post
                    Hey Layne,
                    I've been cutting for about 2 months now and am about to have surgery to repair a torn ACL. Is it wise to keep cutting after the surgery? I didnt know if the decreased nutrition would negatively affect the healing process. My surgeon said it wouldn't but wanted your opinion on the subject.

Thanks bro
                    it probably won't, but I would be making sure you are taking some BCAAs & HMB to counteract atrophy
                    BioLayne LLC
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

• Originally posted by NTT91 View Post
                      during cutting phases, is it still okay to do moderate volume (8-9 sets for large bp's, and 6 sets for arms) all to failure since calories are restricted, or is a more high volume lower intensity program ideal?
                      don't change routines just because you are cutting, whatever builds muscle will maintain it
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

• Originally posted by BACK2BASICS View Post
                        Layne,

Wanted to ask you about knee wraps since you have a powerlifting side to you as well, I've been training heavier lately and starting to get some soreness under my petella (middle/lower knee area) that i did not have before, My fourm is very good , But i'm wondering if it would be wise for me to invest in a solid pair of knee wraps for my heavey sets on legs? I was always told that wraps were bad for your knees because something with your joints grinding together or something along those lines, not to sure? thats why i'm here asking you.
                        for knee health I would invest in knee sleeves rather than wraps.

I would check out Rehbands or APT Sleeves
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• What are your thoughts about this segment from T-Nation about training to lose bodyfat?

"This is the worst possible time to thrash your muscles. You won't have the nutrients you need to repair and refuel them. It's like demolishing your current house so you can build a new one, only without the materials you need to start the new construction, or the money to pay for those materials.
                          The key to stripping body fat in the weight room is to use your muscles to burn calories, not to destroy your muscles so they aren't good for anything. "

Comment

• thanks for the reply man.
                            BTW I highly recommend eveyone buying this mans DVD, very informational and motivating...I watch it at least twice a week!!

Comment

• 660 lb raw deadlift

-Layne
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

• I like the salute at the end!

Comment

Working...