Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WOW LAYNE!!! You are growing like there is no tomorrow!

Nice job big guy.

I got a question for you, how do you feel this powerlifting training and competing, has benefited you as a bodybuilder?
    BIG ACH - Competitive Natural Bodybuilder
    WWW.BIGACH.COM

Comment

• That looked easy!
      https://www.facebook.com/tim.martin.58958

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
        660 lb raw deadlift

-Layne
        You made that shit look light! Do you ever have joint pain? If so what do you do about it?

Comment

• All that while listening to Britney Spears in the background, way to focus! lol
          http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...n?goto=newpost

Comment

• actually i had my headphones on. I had no idea what was playing in the background. I was listening to Indestructible by Disturbed
            BioLayne LLC
            PhD, Nutritional Sciences
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

was listening to Indestructible by Disturbed
              The official song for TEAM NORTON?

Comment

• might just have to be
                BioLayne LLC
                Scivation Athlete
                MD Columnist
                Website

Comment

660 lb raw deadlift

-Layne
                  Very, very impressive!
                  AAEFX Board Representative.
                  P/RR/S Athlete.

Comment

• Layne, How did Izabel do at her show? What show was it?
                    BIG ACH - Competitive Natural Bodybuilder
                    WWW.BIGACH.COM

Comment

• Layne, quick question, before bed I usually drink a protein shake to feed the muscles during sleep. I will wake up like four times to piss and sometimes it takes a while to get to sleep because of a little bloat from the shake. When I don't drink my shake I sleep better, waking up maybe once to pee and go to sleep faster. Just wondering if it is necessary to do the protein before bed thing or not?
                      Sacrifice is everything.

Comment

• Quick question Layne,
                        What would you recommend as far as nutrition/supplementation for someone who trains within 1/2 hour of waking up. I usually do not have much of an appetite when I first wake up nor do I like traning with much food in my stomach.

Thanks.

Comment

• Hey Layne, how's it goin? My buddy Heath got to meet you yesterday! I was quite jealous, I wanted to check the show out, but I had to work (we're both assistant managers at the same Subway!) last night. Why did you tell him he had pro potential??? Now his head is even bigger! J/K... I heard that you had quite a few clients at the OCB Circle City, including your wife! I'd love to see some pics of your clients from this weekend if you could post them. Heath also told me that one of your clients almost one the overall, and was only 140 lbs? That's some insane conditioning... congrats to you and your athletes, maybe soon Heath and I might be members of Team Norton...
                          btw, Indestructible would be a good theme for y'all!
                          http://forums.musculardevelopment.co...n?goto=newpost

Comment

• Originally posted by tiny tim View Post
                            Layne, quick question, before bed I usually drink a protein shake to feed the muscles during sleep. I will wake up like four times to piss and sometimes it takes a while to get to sleep because of a little bloat from the shake. When I don't drink my shake I sleep better, waking up maybe once to pee and go to sleep faster. Just wondering if it is necessary to do the protein before bed thing or not?
                            just eat a chicken breast instead dude
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooker View Post
                              Quick question Layne,
                              What would you recommend as far as nutrition/supplementation for someone who trains within 1/2 hour of waking up. I usually do not have much of an appetite when I first wake up nor do I like traning with much food in my stomach.

Thanks.
                              something fast and light. probably a whey shake with some fruit or something
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

• Originally posted by PTmuscle View Post
                                Hey Layne, how's it goin? My buddy Heath got to meet you yesterday! I was quite jealous, I wanted to check the show out, but I had to work (we're both assistant managers at the same Subway!) last night. Why did you tell him he had pro potential??? Now his head is even bigger! J/K... I heard that you had quite a few clients at the OCB Circle City, including your wife! I'd love to see some pics of your clients from this weekend if you could post them. Heath also told me that one of your clients almost one the overall, and was only 140 lbs? That's some insane conditioning... congrats to you and your athletes, maybe soon Heath and I might be members of Team Norton...
                                btw, Indestructible would be a good theme for y'all!
                                yea it was nice meeting him, good guy. Tell him I wish I could have talked with him more, but my attention had to be with my clients and my wife.

Everyone did well, but honestly I was unhappy with the judging, it was very inconsistent and it's been that way at that particular show for a while. It was a very well run show, but for example, the gal who won the open figure overall, placed 4th in a master's class earlier in the evening. It was crazy; I'd never seen anything quite like it.

Amy placed 1st in her open class, my bodybuilder Dave placed 1st in his open class and I thought would easily win the whole show, but did not. Isabel placed 5th out of 12 competitors in her class, I had her in 3rd, but could have seen an argument for 4th; I was pretty shocked at 5th. But she's happy because she did 3 tough shows and placed top 5 in open classes at all of them and even won her class at her first show so she's very happy. In fact this will probably be better for her because it will motivate her to push even harder. She took everything very well and was just awesome.

-Layne
                                Attached Files
                                BioLayne LLC
                                Scivation Athlete
                                MD Columnist
                                Website

Comment

Working...
                                X