Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [quote=NTT91;1529370]Layne, I have a question on xtend. I weigh about 165 pounds. Do you think that it is really necessary/optimal to take the recommended 4 scoops intra workout, or is it okay if I just take 2 scoops? Do they just recommend 4 scoops to make money?[/quote

Don't go all the way yet, he skipped mine! lol

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
      nevermind... my secretary took care of em

I will repay with sexual favors

wait....what about me?

I posted something as well....hook me up

MorphogenNutrition.com
      Facebook.com/MorphogenNutrition

Comment

• Hey Layne. I posted this earlier in Daily pump. I didnt know you had this thread. and since I based it off of your advice, I wanted you to look at it. Thanks

Hey guys. I worked on this for a while today. I would like everyones imput please. Give me your honest opinion.

Based off of Laynes article http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne36.htm

I am 225 lbs. I think I am at 23% bf. I'm trying to find some where to get it tested. And I am in my first real cutting phase, and I don't really know what I'm doing.

Criticism Welcomed.

225 lbs
        3600 is baseline
        3000 cals Daily
        3000 cals divided by 5 meals =600 cals a meal
        70 gr pro a meal = 350 grams a day= 1400 cals
        44 carbs a meal= 220 carbs a day = 880 cals
        16g fat a meal = 80 grams fat daily= 720 cals
        1400+880+720= 3000
        1400/3000= 47%
        880/3000= 30%
        720/3000=24%
        47+30+24=101%
        Again based off of Laynes article.
        What do you think?
        Not Everything. Not Yet.

Comment

• Glutamine

Hey Layne,

What is your take on glutamine, i know you were having some kind of debate in the past with a good friend of yours. And either you liked glutamine and he didnt believe in it, or vice versa. Just wanted to hear your thoughts.

Comment

• Hey layne, I'm working with my first female client for her diet cardio and training to lose some excess body fat while maintaining her muscle. In your contest prep article you wrote down estimates on how to find the baseline caloric need for maintenance for specific male bodytypes. How much does a women's baseline caloric need change from a man's. My client is somewhere between meso and endo if that helps. Thanks!

Comment

• What is your secret to big calves? do you train them twice a week? how many sets and reps?
              I liqour so GOOD she don't go around beer

Comment

• Anyone got a link to Layne's (hypertrophy or other) routine?

Comment

• [quote=NTT91;1531764]
                  Originally posted by NTT91 View Post
                  Layne, I have a question on xtend. I weigh about 165 pounds. Do you think that it is really necessary/optimal to take the recommended 4 scoops intra workout, or is it okay if I just take 2 scoops? Do they just recommend 4 scoops to make money?[/quote

Don't go all the way yet, he skipped mine! lol
                  2 scoops is probably fine
                  BioLayne LLC
                  PhD, Nutritional Sciences
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

• Originally posted by AegisFang View Post
                    Hey Layne. I posted this earlier in Daily pump. I didnt know you had this thread. and since I based it off of your advice, I wanted you to look at it. Thanks

Hey guys. I worked on this for a while today. I would like everyones imput please. Give me your honest opinion.

Based off of Laynes article http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne36.htm

I am 225 lbs. I think I am at 23% bf. I'm trying to find some where to get it tested. And I am in my first real cutting phase, and I don't really know what I'm doing.

Criticism Welcomed.

225 lbs
                    3600 is baseline
                    3000 cals Daily
                    3000 cals divided by 5 meals =600 cals a meal
                    70 gr pro a meal = 350 grams a day= 1400 cals
                    44 carbs a meal= 220 carbs a day = 880 cals
                    16g fat a meal = 80 grams fat daily= 720 cals
                    1400+880+720= 3000
                    1400/3000= 47%
                    880/3000= 30%
                    720/3000=24%
                    47+30+24=101%
                    Again based off of Laynes article.
                    What do you think?
                    well it's not really based of my article because my article recommends distributing your carbs heavily around your workout & breakfast rather than spreading them evenly
                    BioLayne LLC
                    Scivation Athlete
                    MD Columnist
                    Website

Comment

• Originally posted by paulwnbf View Post
                      Hey Layne,

What is your take on glutamine, i know you were having some kind of debate in the past with a good friend of yours. And either you liked glutamine and he didnt believe in it, or vice versa. Just wanted to hear your thoughts.
                      it has no effect on protein synthesis or degradation, meaning it is not anabolic or anti-catabolic and the literature on it as an immune booster is tenuous at best
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

• Originally posted by pinchharmonic View Post
                        Layne,

First off I want to say that you are truly an inspiration to me. Your comment "when I go to the gym my goal is to make sure that if I were to lose, that it wasn't because someone outtrained me" resonates with me. I believe I am genetically below average, so seeing someone with as much success as you have attributing it all to hard work instead of a genetic "gift" is refreshing.

Thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

4 months ago I got to 10-11% BF from around 16-17%. This cut took about 3 months. This was a completely natural cut, no ephedrine, clen, or anything, just hard work. Whenever my weight loss stalled, I dropped carbs or kept adding more cardio. At my peak I was doing LISS 4-5x a week, with 1-3 HIIT and lifting 6 days a week...my diet at the lowest 75 carbs, 215 protein, 30 fat = 1430kcal.. my bw was 150lbs. I am 5' 7.5".

Although I got into great condition, felt great, and was healthier than ever (blood work showed non-fasted blood glucose at 70, and I come from a family with diabetes) I couldn't help but think that I really screwed up my metabolism. Now my body was maintaining at the calorie level mentioned above, along with all that cardio and training. I wasn't sure how long I could maintain that lifestyle.

i've bulked 4 months since, slowing climbing up to the following macros, which is what i'm eating today: ~400carbs, ~250 grams protein, and ~60 grams fat which is around 3000 calories. My bodyweight is now about 160. Unfortunately, even though everything I eat is clean and 95% cooked myself, I have gained quite a bit of bodyfat (I cheat less now on my bulk than I did during my cut for fear of adding bodyfat). Perhaps some of the bloat/weight is water, but there's no way I can tell and that's just wishful thinking I suppose..

what are your suggestions for the re-bulk? How slowly do you add back in your calories, carbs, etc? Do you still suggest the 4-6week bulk with a 2 week mini-cut?

I've made the commitment to do a natural bodybuilding show for the first time, and I plan to be leaner than ever. If it took me 1400 calories and hours of exercise daily to get to my previous best, is it reasonable for me to be thinking of taking my calories to 1200, or upping my exercise beyond 3 hours a day? Like you, I'd do whatever it takes, but something tells me eating so little and exercising so much could be un-safe.

After:

i'd take it very slow. Add 5-20g of carbs per week depending upon what your weight does. If you add 10g and your weight goes down; try adding 20; if you add 10 and it stays the same add another 10; if your weight goes up then add in none or 5g until it stabilizes.

This takes a lot of patience but works well
                        BioLayne LLC
                        Scivation Athlete
                        MD Columnist
                        Website

Comment

• Originally posted by PistolPete View Post
                          Hey layne, I'm working with my first female client for her diet cardio and training to lose some excess body fat while maintaining her muscle. In your contest prep article you wrote down estimates on how to find the baseline caloric need for maintenance for specific male bodytypes. How much does a women's baseline caloric need change from a man's. My client is somewhere between meso and endo if that helps. Thanks!
                          typically it's a bit lower. The best way to find out is monitor her food intake and see how many calories she's taking in. If she is taking in 1500 and loses half a pound then she's in about a 250 deficit and her maintenance level is about 1750 at that activity level
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

• Originally posted by pixy_styx View Post
                            What is your secret to big calves? do you train them twice a week? how many sets and reps?
                            well some people would argue i'm not the person to ask as calves are one of my worst bodyparts, but that said, I started with calves under 12" and now they are about 17" so a solid 5" added to them over the years. What you'll find is most people with GREAT calves, had pretty darn good calves to begin with. I remember I met a guy who had unreal no joke 20" calves. I asked him what he did for them and he said "walk up stairs" I asked how big they were when he started training and he said '19" lol

what worked for me is working them 2-3x/week and just beating the living shit out of them. Drop sets, super sets, negatives, for real high volume just absolutely beating them mercelessly. That's the only thing that ever got them to budge.
                            BioLayne LLC
                            Scivation Athlete
                            MD Columnist
                            Website

Comment

• Originally posted by cleanbulker View Post
                              Anyone got a link to Layne's (hypertrophy or other) routine?
                              http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/insidethelife.htm
                              BioLayne LLC
                              Scivation Athlete
                              MD Columnist
                              Website

Comment

• Great advice Layne, you are an inspiration to all of us natties

Comment

Working...
                                X