Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• yeah the dialene

Comment

• Originally posted by Ravia View Post
      Layne now i understand what you ment about wanting to DESTROY the weights. i didnt take it with amp just some NO xplode (only took one pill) and i was total focus and didnt want to rest inbetween sets. i didnt feel tired or sore and i wanted to do more weight even though i was maxed out i wanted to try more. i think if you get carried away you can easily hurt your self. but all in all the first dose was pretty good. just wish it would last longer then 20 days though
      i'm glad you like it man. it's actually available on bbing.com now for about 28 bucks
      BioLayne LLC
      PhD, Nutritional Sciences
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
        i'm glad you like it man. it's actually available on bbing.com now for about 28 bucks
        Grongrats man! That's great. You get anything for doing that? I know some researchers get nothing but a attaboy for all their hard work.
        P.S. it wasn't the poster that mattered. It was all your diligent and dedicated work that put you above the rest. I for one am most appreciative of you sharing your knowledge with us. Thank you.
        Assistant to the regional manager.
        Iron8 approved

Comment

• What is best taken post workout? I take one banana + 1 cup of oats + 5 grams leucine + 30 grams of whey protein isolate. Is this oke?

I have read that a combination of high GI and low GI is recommended. But also heard someone say that glycogen levels post workout arent depleted after working out as we used to think. So we don't need high GI like dextrose or malto to bump our glycogen levels. What do you think?

Comment

• what you are doing is fine
            BioLayne LLC
            Scivation Athlete
            MD Columnist
            Website

Comment

• Originally posted by Toddbz View Post
              Grongrats man! That's great. You get anything for doing that? I know some researchers get nothing but a attaboy for all their hard work.
              P.S. it wasn't the poster that mattered. It was all your diligent and dedicated work that put you above the rest. I for one am most appreciative of you sharing your knowledge with us. Thank you.
              i get a nice award and i can put it on my resume
              BioLayne LLC
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

i get a nice award and i can put it on my resume
                Which just keeps getting bigger and bigger. Nice work.
                Assistant to the regional manager.
                Iron8 approved

Comment

• Hi Layne
                  what do You think:
                  - FFMI, and max weight naturally compare height (contest form)
                  - Can BMR and daily calorie needs change while dieting (I mean if I want example to maintance, is it almost the same-count with reduced weight-as in offseason?) thanks

Comment

• Layne i was wondering what your take is on this for supps. I use BSN NOxplode, Cytosport MuscleMilk, Scivation Dialene4(just started) and have in the mail Scivation Xtend. Do you think this is decent? I'm not trying to buy the whole store just looking for a few BASIC supps. Do you think i should drop the musclemilk and pick up whey protien and maybe creatine mono or it doesnt really matter? Thanks for all your help in the past
                    Last edited by Ravia; April 27, 2007, 03:28 AM. Reason: punctuation(cant spell)

Comment

• Obviously i think the dialene is good lol but of course i'm biased. I love xtend, I think it's by far one of the best supplements on the market in terms of effectiveness & taste. I think plain whey would be better than muscle milk simply due to the large fat content in muscle milk.

-Layne
                      BioLayne LLC
                      Scivation Athlete
                      MD Columnist
                      Website

Comment

• I just compared prolabs advanced whey vs. cytosport musclemilk and i see what you were talking about. does all whey taste like ass? i tried some of that prolabs whey and it tasted like straight up ass. just the slightest of flavor when mixed like it says. i cringed when i was trying to down it and i couldnt even finish it i felt like throwing up. any good brands of whey that have ALOT of flavor?

Comment

I think plain whey would be better than muscle milk simply due to the large fat content in muscle milk.

-Layne
                          Layne, you don't know me but I know you from way back at a couple of other forums and I have always considered your word gospel. I also lurk at other forums where you write so that I can learn as much as I can from your writings, BUT......lol, help me out bro; isn't the fat in muscle milk good fats (MCTs) that help keep you lean? Like fish and oil and flax oil?

Haven't been able to keep up with you in a year or more but it's great seeing you again and I'm exited to be here. I also lost touch with our mutual friend - the metal worker - and his board. I know it's old age and all but I just had a mind fart and forgot his name. So embarrassiing, lol......It's right on the tip of my brain and I'll probably remember once I hit "submit reply" button.
                          "Life is about choices: tap, nap, or SNAP!" ~ Future UFC Lightweight Champion Marcus Hicks

Comment

• Hello Layne.
                            What do you think about EAA as supplements compared to BCAA only?
                            EAA contains the BCAA as well as all other EAAs.
                            What are the cons and pros if we compare these to eachother?

Comment

• Originally posted by V Shredder View Post
                              Layne, you don't know me but I know you from way back at a couple of other forums and I have always considered your word gospel. I also lurk at other forums where you write so that I can learn as much as I can from your writings, BUT......lol, help me out bro; isn't the fat in muscle milk good fats (MCTs) that help keep you lean? Like fish and oil and flax oil?

Haven't been able to keep up with you in a year or more but it's great seeing you again and I'm exited to be here. I also lost touch with our mutual friend - the metal worker - and his board. I know it's old age and all but I just had a mind fart and forgot his name. So embarrassiing, lol......It's right on the tip of my brain and I'll probably remember once I hit "submit reply" button.
                              MCT's are burned as energy, that's their advantage. So far as I know, research hasn't shown that they cause more fat burning. Basically they're not bad for you, but they're not good like poly and mono unsaturated fats are.
                              I min/max my physique

Comment

• Originally posted by Sniggel View Post
                                Hello Layne.
                                What do you think about EAA as supplements compared to BCAA only?
                                EAA contains the BCAA as well as all other EAAs.
                                What are the cons and pros if we compare these to eachother?
                                Most EAA supps don't have high amounts of BCAA's in them, and so long as you're intaking enough protein you'll be getting enough EAA's.

Layne, correct me if I'm wrong on either of these
                                I min/max my physique

Comment

Working...
                                X