Announcement

Collapse

Registration by Invite Only

Because of the email regisration being abused, registration will be by invitation only.
The Invitation must come from a No Bull member of 1 year or more, and it must be sent to Jen directly with an email address and username of the invitee.

Thanks for your cooperation.
See more
See less

Layne Norton

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Layne, do you consider yourself to be the ''inspiration'' to the natties of the world?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sexybeast777 View Post
      Layne, do you consider yourself to be the ''inspiration'' to the natties of the world?
      Do I consider myself that? No. I feel like I'm just a normal guy who knew what he wanted and was willing to do what it take to get there and I never let up even though I had many stumbling blocks along the way.

Now I get quite a few emails and people coming up to me at shows and telling me that I inspired them or that sort of thing and that is the coolest feeling in the world. I love it. If I can have a positive impact on someone else's life then I think that's fantastic! But do I consider myself an inspiration? Just hard for me to look at myself that way. I'm just a normal guy who works hard and loves what he does.
      BioLayne LLC
      PhD, Nutritional Sciences
      Scivation Athlete
      MD Columnist
      Website

Comment

• Originally posted by str8flexed View Post
        Do I consider myself that? No. I feel like I'm just a normal guy who knew what he wanted and was willing to do what it take to get there and I never let up even though I had many stumbling blocks along the way.

Now I get quite a few emails and people coming up to me at shows and telling me that I inspired them or that sort of thing and that is the coolest feeling in the world. I love it. If I can have a positive impact on someone else's life then I think that's fantastic! But do I consider myself an inspiration? Just hard for me to look at myself that way. I'm just a normal guy who works hard and loves what he does.
        well layne, that is what is inspirational about you, what you've accomplished is awesome, the physique you've developed is impressive (and the most impressive thing is it keeps getting more impressive), AND you are a regular guy, you make up-and-comers feel like it is all attainable...which for most of us who started this sport looking at pictures of Ronnie Coleman and Jay Cutler is a nice change of scenery.
        are you "the inspiration?" hell I don't think anyone is "the inspiration"

but Layne, Phillip Ricardo Jr., Jim Cordova, Martin Daniels, Rodney Helaire, Alberto Nunez, Ben Goins, Brian Whitacre, Clement Yearwood, Doug Miller

there are some amazing natural bbers out there who are also class acts and although have physiques that take world class genetics and at least a decade worth of consistent work in the gym and kitchen to develop...they feel like something attainable, unlike some of the IFBB pro physiques...(at least attainable without taking drugs)
        Eric Helms Controlled Labs Athlete NASM CPT & PES
        http://www.3dmusclejourney.com/

Comment

• Hey Layne,

Just starting this thread now and I've been watching some of your video's from BB.com where I noticed you talked a little bit about the following too.

Ever get answers for these?

Originally posted by str8flexed View Post

In our lab we are measure fractional synthesis rates. Two main questions we are looking at is 1) how much protein at a meal does it take to maximize protein synthesis? 2) how long does the effect last 3) how long after an initial meal can you trigger synthesis again.

This will likely be the crux of my PhD thesis

As far as your question, we simply don't know as of now.
          -Layne

Comment

• Hey layne Im on the comeback trail right now from hernia surgery that I had 8 weeks ago. Do you think its ok to start easying back into doing deads and training my abs again?

Comment

• what surgery
              BioLayne LLC
              Scivation Athlete
              MD Columnist
              Website

Comment

• hey layne i've read your article: "protein the key to maximum gains" --> http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne3.htm

you say that whey for breakfast is not the best option, i've done this for the last 3 years but it is better to eat egg whites instead?

Comment

• i wouldn't use that article; wrote it 7 years ago
                  BioLayne LLC
                  Scivation Athlete
                  MD Columnist
                  Website

Comment

To me you are an inspiration bro, keep up the great work

Comment

i wouldn't use that article; wrote it 7 years ago
                      so eggs are not nessecarily better for breakfast than whey?

i've learned so much from your articles and radio-interviews, so thanx and keep up the good work !

Comment

didn't mention it but I have written that before: http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/layne37.htm

for inflammatory bowel disorders yes I believe it is helpful because it is a major fuel for the enterocyte. But there is 0 evidence it aids in muscular recovery
                        I disagree with the 0 evidence, but you're still the man Layne

Comment

• Originally posted by natedogg View Post
                          I disagree with the 0 evidence, but you're still the man Layne
                          ok, well what evidence is there? I'm more than happy to change my thoughts on the issue if I am convinced otherwise... but I've read as much literature on the subject as I can get my hands on. I have NEVER seen ANY study showing glutamine decreases protein breakdown or increases protein synthesis in skeletal muscle. If you know of any, I would really like the reference so I can read them
                          BioLayne LLC
                          Scivation Athlete
                          MD Columnist
                          Website

Comment

what surgery
                            laproscopic surgery to repair two hernias I had

Comment

• have you spoken with your doctor?

Abdominal hernia I assume?